• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone received their Smash orders?

Curious if they are US or Latin American like the Grey Switch I recieved.

I have US Mario Kart and wondering if this would make any difference. Would I need multiple accounts?

Got it yesterday. It has the ESRB rating (does Latin America even have its own rating system?) and all the text on the back of the box is in English and Spanish with the English text either being bigger than or at least on top of the Spanish text.

Nothing inside the box except the cartridge.

Code on the back is:
HAC P AAABA USA

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I'm happy and jelly everybody got a Switch from fhe Facebook deal. Now no one has an excuse to not play Smash :p

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy and jelly everybody got a Switch from fhe Facebook deal. Now no one has an excuse to not play Smash :p

To think I had no plans to buy a Switch until the release of Pokemon 2019 and now I have a Switch, a Pro Controller, and Smash thanks to Facebook lol.

Btw, all the new Smash owners here need to remember to register their game with their Nintendo Account (you do this on the Switch home screen) so you can get Piranha Plant for free. They will email you a code at some point. Being a new Switch owner, I had to look up how to register physical games.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So if I'm understanding this correctly...people who got a XAW are NA switches even though they might have a LA warranty slip in their box? And I need to contact Nintendo to fix the activate the warranty or something?

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
My first copy of Smash was scheduled to be delivered today, right up untl about 3 hours ago, then it changed to tomorrow...now it's arriving with my other copy and the 8bitdo tomorrow. It's only a day, so nbd.

Edit: Also, where is the FCC compliance people are talking of? On the actual tablet or the box?
Edit 2: My first copy of Smash ended up coming in today anyway.

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got it yesterday. It has the ESRB rating (does Latin America even have its own rating system?) and all the text on the back of the box is in English and Spanish with the English text either being bigger than or at least on top of the Spanish text.

Nothing inside the box except the cartridge.

Code on the back is:
HAC P AAABA USA
All of NA/SA use ESRB. They also should end up with the same region code.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't had any updates since ordering (not even a pre-shipping thing) and no responses from email and Facebook message I sent on Friday. Is anyone else having these issues?

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...uiku/facebook_dailysteals_faq_need_help_with/

Woops kinda mixed up what the post meant, I'll quote it here and you can check the link out for other info.

Activating the warranty makes no sense, when an item with a serial number is scanned and sold, it immediately dings for inventory/tracking purposes, so Nintendo knows it's been sold. Once an item is sold, warranty is activated from that day to 365 days out.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Activating the warranty makes no sense, when an item with a serial number is scanned and sold, it immediately dings for inventory/tracking purposes, so Nintendo knows it's been sold. Once an item is sold, warranty is activated from that day to 365 days out.

I have since sold the Switch, I personally didn't try it. Like I mentioned maybe my wording/understanding was wrong and it was more so ownership change rather than warranty activation.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck, my order got cancelled and I can't imagine why
E: the email says last name was a problem but my account is under my real name

Last edited:

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
My copy of Smash arrived today and it's definitely a LatAm version.

Daily Steals on top; local USA Gamestop purchase on bottom:

bM35YlL.jpg

The only 2 differences I notice are:
- the packaging above
- A Piranha Plant DLC code is included in the box for this LatAm copy, whereas that wasn't the case for the USA ver. I assume registration through My Nintendo doesn't work on this version? (I'll try it out when I get one of our other Switches to test on.)

I popped this cartridge into my Switch, which already had a USA save file, and it loaded the save just fine. The cartridge itself also has a "USA" product code printed on it, even though the packaging is LatAm. So maybe there's no actual difference in the game itself.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Interestingly, we were able to register that LatAm copy on a US Switch + US account and get the coins for it. Still waiting on the code e-mail though.

EDIT: I've still got a sealed EUR copy of Let's Go Eevee from these guys that I'd rather pass along to someone here if they're interested in it than keep it for myself. I'm lame and OCD when it comes to my personal collection and would rather keep it all the same, even though I'm sure this version plays fine.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, we were able to register that LatAm copy on a US Switch + US account and get the coins for it. Still waiting on the code e-mail though.

EDIT: I've still got a sealed EUR copy of Let's Go Eevee from these guys that I'd rather pass along to someone here if they're interested in it than keep it for myself. I'm lame and OCD when it comes to my personal collection and would rather keep it all the same, even though I'm sure this version plays fine.
PM me your price, I'll consider it.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Update on warranty information for this: I've had the left joy-con desyncing issue with my unit (indicating these are old stock) and I called Nintendo for a warranty repair on the joy-con. I gave them my serial number and they confirmed I have the full one year warranty on the Switch with free repair in the US, even though it's a Latin American unit.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
My tracking information finally updated this morning after a weeks of nothing. Switch came in this afternoon. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this for future deals.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Actually mine says HAC S KAAAA USZ.

I know USZ indicates the region. Does that mean it is in fact a US model?

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My 2nd Switch I ordered through this finally arrived. Ordered both the same day, but got 'em a week and a half apart. The 2nd Switch had one heck of an adventure across the US. Anyway glad it finally came, my brother will be getting a pretty nice gift for Christmas now.

Oct 25, 2017
So the stick on both the right and left joy-con intermittently stops responding. I assume this is the defect people talked about with early Switches? I thought it was only the left joy-con but it definitely happens with the right. Gonna call Nintendo. :(

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
So the stick on both the right and left joy-con intermittently stops responding. I assume this is the defect people talked about with early Switches? I thought it was only the left joy-con but it definitely happens with the right. Gonna call Nintendo. :(
There is an issue with the sticks? But alot of these switch are newer since they patch the Nvidia exploit. I have issues with my joycons when playing Smash but thought it was normal...

Oct 25, 2017
There is an issue with the sticks? But alot of these switch are newer since they patch the Nvidia exploit. I have issues with my joycons when playing Smash but thought it was normal...

What nvidia exploit? I was reading that the older joy-con have a defect that cause them to intermittently lose signal or something and Nintendo fixes it for free. I haven't called them yet but it's definitely been happening all day today.