• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
So they added an emote called Mobile Ops in Call of Duty Black Ops IIII. The emote is Zero playing what looks like a Nintendo Switch with some things changed around because this is on everything but Switch. The game being shown on the device is Dead Ops Arcade which was a top down shooter, this was an extra mode in past Black Ops games. This mode is not in Black Ops IIII. Maybe this is a tease for something? or maybe its nothing at all.

I took these screens from PrestigeIsKey's video

jlwn2Y9.jpg

chJoF4T.jpg

Full Video source of the Update here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ7mV7PG3dc

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Probably doesn't much beyond the developer acknowledging the popularity of handhelds.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a typical tablet with controllers hooked up to it tbh. If they were going for Switch they did a bad job. Proper dpad and aligned sticks? Cmon.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The sticks aren't even in opposite positions like the Switch logo, can't believe the lack of attention to detail in their fake Switches.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
It looks more like one of those Android gaming tablets than a Switch. It's very similar to some of the JXD models.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the rumored new Switch revision? Make this 3x smaller and I'll preorder the damn thing... In my mind.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It could be any tablet. It's just an emote of your character gaming out in the field on a generic portable device. They're probably not gonna pull out a PC or something.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hope we won't go through another year of "this time, CoD will be on Switch, for sure!"
I still remember it kept being rumored last year.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't read into it too much. They needed something game-y, and something that looks like the Switch makes sense for current times.