• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I was casually playing Bayonetta 1 a few minutes ago on my Samsung TV. I paused and decided to switch to different HDMI feed, then I see an ad covering my options:

fROygEZ.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this before? I was quite surprised to be honest and slightly annoyed the ad was covering the normal options I see when switching feeds.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the brand of your TV so that I can remember never to buy from them?

Oh Samsung, nvm.

Feb 10, 2018
My goodness... Ads on TV interface is so gross. It's nice it's for switch though.
I've never seen an add on my modern panny.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
My newest tv (Sony Bravia)which I bought years ago is not a smart TV. No need for one whatsoever as I have my PC hooked up into it. I hope that whenever I upgrade it, non smart TVs are still available.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
For any half-decent 4K TV, non smart is basically not an option at all.

That's what I was afraid of. I haven't been tv shopping in a long while and wasn't sure what the current trends were. But hey, at least the future of tvs didn't turn out to have everything become curved displays!

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
What system were you playing Bayonetta 1 on? I only ask because it'd be funny if it was the Switch version and your TV is trying to advertise a Switch to you even though you're already playing it.

This is still scary shit. I hate the future sometimes.

OP
OP
Legacy

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What system were you playing Bayonetta 1 on? I only ask because it'd be funny if it was the Switch version and your TV is trying to advertise a Switch to you even though you're already playing it.

This is still scary shit. I hate the future sometimes.

Playing on the XB1 (360 version)

I will, was just surprised this was there. Like I said, never see anything like this before.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not only the ad, but how the information is presented is a bit strange to me. Save 49.99, but where is the total price?

The fact that its there in the first place is definitely annoying, if unsurprising.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a recent Sony, and didn't even realize that this was a thing until I read deep into Rtings.com reviews. I wonder if my Pi-hole would catch that stuff. Ick.