• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huh.

How was the experience with AC? I wasn't able to get in on the beta... If anyone could nail a seamless streaming technology, it's them.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn son!

Future of gaming looks bright as one time exclusively used products are becoming available on multiple platforms

Loving it! Hoping DualShock 4 is in the future

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
The implications are...actually I don't know what the implications are.

Someone help me understand this.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Google is probably adding all types of controllers. this probably required no involvement from Nintendo.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is getting all kinds of weird. So much info, so little time to wait. OK GOOGLE, WHAT IS IN THE BOX?!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
The implications are...actually I don't know what the implications are.

Someone help me understand this.
The Project Stream beta worked directly through Google Chrome. This update suggests that the final service will too. That would mean you can play Assassin's Creed Odyssey on any device with the Chrome browser; which is pretty cool.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It could mean nothing, but Google and Nintendo always had a good relation and both have been playing around with streaming technology. I wouldn't be surprised if Google announced Switch support for their game streaming service.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well this is really cool to see. I was very apprehensive with the Joy-Cons when I got my Switch but quickly fell in love with them.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope there's an app for my Shield TVs, although my biggest complaint with the console is the input lag from my DS4.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is just Google goofing up and trying to test some stuff, or to show the capabilities of his streaming service, I doubt anything is coming out of this. We'll see.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
At least I'll be able to play Jet Set Radio 3 on my computer and not on a exclusive console

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The controller also has support on Steam if I'm not mistaken.

I do not think it means anything beyond "We want many controllers to work."

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Hopefully it can just tap into the OS drivers too.

And hopefully they don't add crap proprietary extensions to play in chrome.
I'm using firefox..

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
The controller is using Direct Input so it isn't that big of a thing for Nintendo to do on their end as it was with steam support.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Damn son!

Future of gaming looks bright as one time exclusively used products are becoming available on multiple platforms

Loving it! Hoping DualShock 4 is in the future

Not quite as good as running it locally if you have a good rig obviously, but pretty damn good. Only negative was that it seemed to consume a pretty decent amount of data if you have caps (like me ;-;)

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
This only confirms that the final Wii U to Switch port is coming.

Google Maps.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Not quite as good as running it locally if you have a good rig obviously, but pretty damn good. Only negative was that it seemed to consume a pretty decent amount of data if you have caps (like me ;-;)

Yeah I can imagine

Few years ago I would have noped out of this but with fiber and no cap , I am interested lol

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems this is just support for the Gamepad API that Microsoft Edge and Firefox also support. So possibly doesn't mean anything too drastic.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Gamepad_API

The draft for the spec has an employee from Sony listed for example and dates back to 2015:

https://w3c.github.io/gamepad/
It does mean something drastic - it means Chromium supports a stable, proper implementation so it can be used as a front-end for Google's streaming service.