• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Official patch notes:
  • If there is not enough space remaining on the system memory (internal storage) or microSD card when downloading game software update data, you can now delete old data for that software, enabling you to download the new data.
    • When deleting the old data, you won't be able to play the game until the new data has finished downloading.
  • General system stability improvements have been made to enhance the user's experience.
Hopefully 13.0 will bring something good.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
General system stability

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEE

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unironically though this deleting old data feature seems kind of cool. Hopefully it'll save me the annoying time of archiving hefty games whenever Smash or whatever gets a new update.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
If there is not enough space remaining on the system memory (internal storage) or microSD card when downloading game software update data, you can now delete old data for that software, enabling you to download the new data.

we are truly blessed on this day

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I would be really curious to see their roadmap for os updates. They clearly care, but what is it the specifically care about? They're pursuing minimalism and performance, but what else?

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Stability(tm)

Otherwise, they might prepare for a Call of Duty 150gb download. More seriously, what's the biggest game on Switch ? Witcher ?

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I would be really curious to see their roadmap for os updates. They clearly care, but what is it the specifically care about? They're pursuing minimalism and performance, but what else?
They most likely just recently finished working on the launch firmware for the new Switch that's launching this year, as that's supposed to be entering production right about now.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
At least that seems like a good addition for those who are strapped for space.

Nothing exciting for the rest of us though. Oh well.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Stability(tm)

Otherwise, they might prepare for a Call of Duty 150gb download. More seriously, what's the biggest game on Switch ? Witcher ?
From a quick Google search, Witch is up there, but the largest are entries in the NBA 2K series.
  1. NBA 2K21 – 39.4GB, NBA 2K20 – 41.3GB, NBA 2K19 – 32.7GB.
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 31.5GB.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Lol stabili…

Hang on. That's pretty useful?

• If there is not enough space remaining on the system memory (internal storage) or microSD card when downloading game software update data, you can now delete old data for that software, enabling you to download the new data.
    • When deleting the old data, you won't be able to play the game until the new data has finished downloading.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
That's...actually a pretty interesting feature? I've come close to filling my Switch's 512GB SD card before, so there might be a day where I make use of that.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
This 12.0.3 -> 12.1.0 firmware update has resulted in a new update for my joy-cons, FWIW.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One of the two people who work on the firmware updates had a great idea with 12.1.0

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
thank you OP for the information

and remember to update joycon

How To Update Your Nintendo Switch Joy-Con
1) Make sure the Joy-Con you wish to update are paired to the console.

2) From the Home menu, choose 'System Settings'. Then choose 'Controllers and Sensors' from the left-hand side.

3) Scroll down to 'Update Controllers', press it, and let the console do its thing. Make sure to repeat all steps for all of your Joy-Con.

www.nintendolife.com

PSA: Remember To Update Your Joy-Con, As Well As Your Nintendo Switch

Controller updates arrive with Version 10.1.0

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Don't forget to update your Joy-cons and controllers too folks.

not sure what it does but still…

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Oh yeah, that's why we had a botched firmware that prevented us to download things for weeks huh?

What an odd thing to say, I can't think of anyone caring less for their own system than Nintendo.
The issue was server side. The Switch firmware had nothing to do with it.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, that's why we had a botched firmware that prevented us to download things for weeks huh?

What an odd thing to say, I can't think of anyone caring less for their own system than Nintendo.

Wow edgy. Bugs happen. Even if they automate the hell out of their testing they can and will miss things, and sometimes fixing these things or rolling back is not necessarily straightforward.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Two big bullet points... 🤔
That's twice as many as before or in other words a 100% increase. Unprecedented.

Btw: Is the stability enough to run Crysis... I mean folders yet?

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
From a quick Google search, Witch is up there, but the largest are entries in the NBA 2K series.
  1. NBA 2K21 – 39.4GB, NBA 2K20 – 41.3GB, NBA 2K19 – 32.7GB.
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 31.5GB.
Thanks, at least those titles doesn't requires you to download it all to apply patches. I think it's the case on FFXIV on PS4 and aforementioned CoD got large download patches.

Lemonade727

Oct 8, 2018
Anyone having issues connecting to the internet on their Switch Lite after upgrading to this? Both of my kids updated their Lites this morning, and neither one make it past the "Connecting to the Internet..." portion, it just gives the below error after about 2 minutes.

Error code: 2110-3129
Unable to connect to the internet.
Communication with the server timed out.
Please try again later.

All other wireless devices are still working just fine throughout the house, and I can see an IP assigned to the devices from my router when it's attempting to connect.

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2110-3129

This error code indicates a potential issue related to the DNS being used.
This error may be the result of an incorrect DNS entered into the console's Internet settings, or an issue with the ISP or DNS service you are attempting to use.

Could be your ISP that has a problem right now. Which DNS-Server do you use. Have you tried a public DNS like Cloudflare/Google?