• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
As part of the direct (04.09.2019, sorry I'm from Europe) the SNES app for Switch online as well as the corresponding SNES controllers have been announced. On Nintendo's website it's stated the SNES controllers require the 9.0 system update:

Please note:
- Each package contains one Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controller and one USB cable.
- Orders are limited to four controllers per Nintendo Account.

A system update (9.0 NUP) is required in order to use Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers with your Nintendo Switch console.

Do we have any information and/or hints when it will launch and what other features might come?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
what if xeno 1 icons are added before xeno 2 ones?
giphy.gif

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is the NES emulator built into the switch OS or do each game come with it like the old wii VC?

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
They will never add:

folders
themes
eShop music

better accept this reality. It should have become obvious by now that this is how they want their Switch menu to be. Folders have a tiny chance.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
They will never add:

folders
themes
eShop music

better accept this reality. It should have become obvious by now that this is how they want their Switch menu to be. Folders have a tiny chance.

It seems genuinely absurd that they haven't added themes (yet), given that it would make them easy money!

Plenty of folks would happily pay €2/$2/£2 for similar themes that were available on the 3DS.

I personally do not mind the lack of folders, as I only currently have ten or eleven games for my Switch however, for those who have much more games than I do, I would imagine it looks like a mess...

An option to sort games alphabetically surely cannot be too troublesome to implement?

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
only when the switch port of XCX is announced.
XenobladeX Definitive Edition.
I want that timeline to be true.
And I also want it to end the direct its shown at.
I want lots of things lol.

Anyway, really, really happy both for people who didn't play and were waiting for the first to come in glorious HD.
Since I loved it it would be a day 1 for sure, but with stuff added, it's icing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Probably some new avatars, I'm all in for Edelgard's avatar
With the exception of Kirby, most of the avatars have been limited to Nintendo EPD franchises. Unless that somehow changes, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything from Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, or Pokémon.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
They're reworking the transfer process for the switch lite release right? That'll be included.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
With the exception of Kirby, most of the avatars have been limited to Nintendo EPD franchises. Unless that somehow changes, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything from Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, or Pokémon.
Oh, didn't notice.. that explains why they barely update the list

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
This is the first time I've been excited for avatars. Fire Emblem avatars would be great. I would really only expecting the three lords, F/M Byleth, and Rhea... but I would be very pleased if they added every student. Yeah, I'm gonna be very disappointed huh.

Folders and themes would also be great, but we're going to keep waiting.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
This is perhaps going to sound a little absurd, but I'm glad the controller comes with a USB cable. I feared it wouldn't, and I think I saw in the Direct that the socket was a Type-C; I'm not drowning in those cables!

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch firmware updates are the LEAST exciting firmware updates on any device ever

Stability and new 2 new icons are what we can expect

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
They're adding a SNES controller image for the connection screen and you'll all like it

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
honestly i didn't really need folders, but i've sold some of my physical games and i would like it if i could hide their icons or put them in a folder, also would be nice to have a folder for finished games.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
honestly i didn't really need folders, but i've sold some of my physical games and i would like it if i could hide their icons or put them in a folder, also would be nice to have a folder for finished games.
Pretty sure you can just delete them from the options menu on the home screen with the icon selected.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
no doubt will be released around the 20th in time for the Lite.