• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Perhaps something in the firmware that leaked something regarding switch pro perhaps? 🤔🤔🤔

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I had trouble downloading Bomberman R Online yesterday. It was a strange error, never seen it before. I'm not sure if I have this version though...

Update: Nope, I'm on 12.0.2. Switch settings menu said there was an update ready but walked that back when I clicked on it.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
If you block TLS 1.3 and update servers still don't support TLS 2.0, updates won't be happening.

I've troubleshooted TLS version mismatch problems too many times in my career.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
First it's the mario games that get pulled now they are onto firmware updates themselves…

the monsters…

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I just recently had a game of Mario Party crash on the last dice roll of the last turn of a game. I NEED more stability.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If the update causes issues trying to update/download patches, how are people going to update the broken version of the OS. Half seriously asking, unless it's just games' updates causing issues.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I update yesterday damn
Don't worry, I also updated.

We should probably expect a firmware 12.0.4 soon-ish to address some issues.

If the update causes issues trying to update/download patches, how are people going to update the broken version of the OS. Half seriously asking, unless it's just games' updates causing issues.

I don't think the 12.0.3 firmware update would prevent subsequent firmware updates from being downloaded. Otherwise, it would be catastrophic.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Pretty obvious that this was planned to release with the Super Switch anouncement, someone pushed the button too early.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Ah man, I downloaded the patch yesterday...
At least, I just tried to update Immortal and Fortnite and it seem to work. Finger crossed!

Matthias

alt account
Banned
Mar 10, 2021
I bet it is related to the SSL changes. For whatever reason the client (Switch) can no longer connect securely and connections are rejected.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'm able to download stuff just fine. I'm guessing there was a compatibility problem server-side and they temporarily stopped distributing the update until it was resolved.

TheBlade

Banned
Aug 14, 2020
Nintendo is making a statement if y'all are going to be expecting Switch Pro we are gonna be moving backwards to teach you a lesson.

Next thing they release Nintendo Switch Lite 2 an even lighter version with gameboy colour's screen

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it looks like they probably messed up some TLS related stuff. I don't envy the task they now have of fixing that.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, I already installed it. I hope they fix it by Friday, I want to download Game Builder Garage.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
my switch didn't download the update, dodged a bullet lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Shocked they managed to let this slide, after all the stability patches we have to endure on the Switch.