• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
The amount of games next year is insane.

Definitely buying
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Animal Crossing
Pokemon
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Maybe
Yoshi's Crafted World

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
honest question: why are people excited about NSMBU? they are asking you 60$ for a 2012 2D game. if you want something in january just get Tales of Vesperia instead

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Don't release Metroid Prime 4 in 2019. Keep that in the oven for as long as necessary so it's perfect. I've waited this long, I can wait more. All I want from Nintendo is Animal Crossing for 2019. Inject that right into my soul.

Keep the good indies coming and I'll be on my Switch all day, like in 2018. Nintendo subsidizing their output with indies has been the best thing.

I am tentatively looking forward to Fire Emblem as well, though. It cant be a repeat. I don't want another Awakening or Fates. Give me something that feels brave, and innovative. Something with a good story, as well.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
honest question: why are people excited about NSMBU? they are asking you 60$ for a 2012 2D game. if you want something in january just get Tales of Vesperia instead

Because we talking about great and fun 2D platform game that could be played from 1-4 players.
Comparing NSMBU and Tales of Vesperia is weird, one is 2D platform game and one of biggest and most popular Nintendos IPs, while other is less known JRPG game.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about games, i think we well see the new Zelda and get more info about whatenever they are doing with Mario.
I also predict :
A new zelda 2d for switch to release this year
Metroid prime 4 being a holiday title
Reveal and release date of Retro Studios game
Pikimin 4 with a 2019 date
Luigis Mansion being a 2020 title
Fire Emblem being a 2020 title(didn't know it was already confirmed to be a 2019 title)
Animal Crossing getting a holiday date(similar to pokemon and smash this year) or 2020
Pokemon being delayed to 2020.

I think thats it

Last edited:

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Talking about games, i think we well see the new Zelda and get more info about whatenever they are doing with Mario.
I also predict :
A new zelda 2d for switch to release this year
Metroid prime 4 being a holiday title
Reveal and release date of Retro Studios game
Pikimin 4 with a 2019 date
Luigis Mansion being a 2020 title
Fire Emblem being a 2020 title
Animal Crossing getting a holiday date(similar to pokemon and smash this year) or 2020
Pokemon being delayed to 2020.

I think thats it

Fire Emblem is a Spring 2019 title

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
NSMBDX in January,
Deamon x Machina in February
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Trilogy in March
Bayonetta 3 in April
Mario Strikers in May
Fire Emblem in June
Metroid in July
Town in August
Yoshi in September
Luigis Mansion in October
Pokemon in November
AC in December.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
XCX port anyone? There's Yokai Watch 4 too.

Also, I think if Overwatch is ever coming it's gonna be in 2019.

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Are we all just expecting nothing from Retro still? It will be almost 6 years since their last full game in February 2014 (which was done in 2013 by all accounts) if we move into 2020.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
-NSMBDX - January
-Metroid Trilogy HD - February-March
-Deamon x Machina - March-April
-Yoshi - March-April
-Wii U port - May
-Fire Emblem - May-June
-Animal Crossing - June-July
-Wii U port - August
-Town - September
-Zelda 2D or Zelda 3D port - September-October
-Lugis Mansion 3 - October
-Pokemon - November
-Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3 - December

Last edited:

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Xenoblade Chronicles X but I don't think it could hold my attention for another playthrough without some sort of expansion. Mario Maker is the game I want off the Wii U the most. The hype would bring the best level makers back. Just put in an "evil Peach" mushroom and it sells itself.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
-NSMBDX - January
-Yoshi - March-April
-Wii U port - May
-Fire Emblem - May-June
-Wii U port - August
-Town - September
-Animal Crossing - November
You forgot a small game
Pokemon

Oct 30, 2017
I expect Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 to not release next year.

I expect more port announcements for 2019
- Skywards Sword HD
- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- Pikmin 3
- Xenoblade X

Surprise 3rd party weatern support
- GTAV
- Call of Duty
- Overwatch
- Assassin's Creed

Oct 30, 2017
Thwy have to release games somtime

They combined 3ds and wii u so that means more games per year

Not necessarily

3DS games can't be made at a fast pace as Switch is a HD system. Can't expect a HD sequel to handheld only games to come out just as quick. Nintendo could even just move some of these teams around to make bigger teams instead. Basically what I'm saying is don't expect Switch to have the same ammound of games as a handheld and console combined.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
After several Pokemon games in a row that I couldn't bother to finish I think I'm finally sunsetting Pokemon from my interests.

I'm looking forward to Animal Crossing and Tales of Vesperia. :)

Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope they never get tired of porting WiiU games.. some of them were so good man

On the top of my head

Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Xenoblade X
Zelda WW and TP HD
Wonderful 101

And please continue the WiiU legacy with

Nintendo Land Resort
Super Mario Maker 2

Edit: can't believe i forgot about Tokyo mirage sessions #FE!!!

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
-NSMBDX - January
-Yoshi - March-April
-Wii U port - May
-Fire Emblem - May-June
-Wii U port - August
-Town - September
-Animal Crossing - November

Lol is it bad that my most anticipated switch game/ announcements for 2019 is ....future Smash Ultimate dlc character reveals instead of these games

Haha I'm sure these games will be good/ great I'll check some out but interest is pretty damn low so far outside smash / New Zelda

* Never played a fire emblem game, or animal crossing game and I don't expect Pokemon to wow me considering history of game Freak *

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Did you try Let's Go? (haven't played it myself, just wondering if it got from you the same reaction)

I did try let's go. I just...it wasn't engaging me if that makes any sense? Typically, I'll get 15-20 hours in and get bored and just don't have the motivation to continue. With Go it was even sooner. It just felt like things were being handed to me and nothing mattered. And I'm super nostalgic into gen 1. (litearlly only care about Gen 1 and 2 and 4 a little, definitely a genrunner or whatever the term people throw around is).

Last edited:

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
No question the Switch has an incredible momentum now with Smash Ultimate and Let's Go ; but will Nintendo makes sure that momentum leaves on ?

I mean it was the same thing last year and then we had a very quiet - to put it nicely - H1. 2019 should be stacked, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, so you never know.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
You forgot a small game
Pokemon

Damn, I mentioned Animal Crossing twice instead Pokemon for November, edited my post.

No question the Switch has an incredible momentum now with Smash Ultimate and Let's Go ; but will Nintendo makes sure that momentum leaves on ?

I mean it was the same thing last year and then we had a very quiet - to put it nicely - H1. 2019 should be stacked, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, so you never know.

Well NSMBUDX is in January, thats quite strong title (stronger than Bayonetta 1/2 from February and from Kirby from March), and we already had much more confirmed 2019. games than we had in same time period of last year. In any case January Direct will reveal us Winter-Spring Switch 2019. lineup and dates.

Last edited:

Zinc

Oct 28, 2017
My guesses:

12nm switch revision that improved battery life, removes fan, cuts costs. $250 with dock, etc.

Games

Jan- New Super Mario U
March- Yoshi
May- Fire Emblem
June- Game Freak's Town, a remaster (maybe a 3D Zelda, maybe MPT)
August - (along side price cut/cheaper model) Animal Crossing
September- Luigi's Mansion 3
October - Metroid Prime 4
November- Pokémon

2020: Bayo 3, Pikmin, Paper Mario, Odyssey 2, Zelda 2d

Retro's Star Fox Grand Prix goes another year without being revealed

Ouf I hope not. That would be 3 worthwhile new Nintendo-developed games in the span of 21 months (Odyssey, Smash, Animal Crossing)

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Ouf I hope not. That would be 3 worthwhile new Nintendo-developed games in the span of 21 months (Odyssey, Smash, Animal Crossing)
I assume by "worthwhile" you mean system movers, right? If so, I expect NSMBUDX (which is not a new game only for WiiU owners) as well as FE ( unless that one's no good) to move quite a number of systems.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
My first page predictions were somewhat unrealistic.

Let's place some monthly predictions here. Im going all in on the fact that they will have either a 1st party or licensed/partnered 3rd party published game each month.

Jan: New Super Mario U Deluxe / Travis Strikes again.
Feb: Yoshi's Crafted World / FF12
Mar: Paper Mario Color Splash port (I know YOU don't like, but many will)
Apr: Daemon X Machina
May: Fire Emblem Three Houses
Jun: Town
Jul: Nintendo Puzzle Collection Remaster / New Puzzle League compilation / FF X/X-2
Aug: Pokémon Trading Card Game (FINALLY!) / FFVII / FFIX
Sep: Luigi's Mansion 3
Oct: Pikmin 3 / Wonderful 101 port / Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Nov: Pokémon 8 gen / FFVIII FINALLY REMASTERED TIMED CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE FOR SWITCH
Dec: Animal Crossing

GameFreak is going to have massive year with three titles releasing and each one selling a lot.

Pokémon / Animal Crossing 1-2 punch on holiday season is going to drive Switch sales again into new records, topping even Wii 3,8 million december record in U.S.

Many people will complain about the lack of hard hitters in first half of the year, again. Yoshi, Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem and Town will however each sell over two million copies and Super Mario U Deluxe will hit that magical 10 million game mark.

Games that will be revealed for 2019 and beyond throughout the year are

New Paper Mario (In development by new talented team)
New Brain Age, Pushmo, Warioware and Mario vs. Donkey Kong titles (2019/2020 Pushing downloadable titles along with SNES games on Switch Online)
Pikmin 4 (2020)
New PlatinumGames IP (2020)
New Monolith Soft IP (In development)
No Retro game revealed even next year
Exclusive Ridge Racer
Mario + Rabbids sequel

Games confirmed for 2020
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime trilogy remaster

edit: Forgot to add the FF -games into monthly predictions

Last edited:

happynaut

Jan 22, 2018
I wonder, if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gets new content?! Or maybe a connection to it's still unknown mobile brother "World Tour"