• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I'm still putting my chips on Switch versions of GTAV and Call of Duty. Can't ignore the market much longer, especially when other third parties are cashing in with their Switch ports of "big boy" games.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
He basically said they were not going to dissolve the handheld team because of the switch, 2d style Zelda has a lot of fans and a 2d Zelda for Switch is very possible. He said about as much as he could possibly have without breaking nda.

Edit:
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...n-the-switch-is-definitely-a-possibility.aspx

I just wonder if the next 2d Zelda will be the game that will make the top down Zeldas become a Switch series. Nintendo is hard to let go of the 3ds, but i bet they will never launch a 3ds exclusive from now on, considering how better is the switch.

At least the games will be cross plataform, but never exclusive to the 3ds.

Also, thx for the detailed reply!

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Nintendo unfortunately hasn't quite decided what to do with legacy content.
VC abandoned.
Classics abandoned.

We'll see what happens with NES online.

I haven't bought any digital classic games because of this failure.
I'm 99% convinced they have and soon they will share more.

If you ask me I don't think they will go for subscription tiers, I believe nes games on Switch online was the exception and not the rule, a bonus to make the service more enticing.

When it comes to other platforms I can see two options:
- Individual sales, like what we had in virtual console, you buy whatever game you want and add it in your library
- Packages, bundles of multiple games at discount, kinda like the classic consoles. This model proved quite successful. I mean if you had the option to pay 80$ to get all 21 games of snes classic on Switch, instead of 8$ (virtual console pricing) per game individually, what would you choose?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The cartridge cost problem really is depressing. It means that potential games are skipping the system just because its too expensive to publish these games when they would otherwise be ported. I hope Nintendo is working on bringing cart costs down.

I also feel that the potential lineup for 2019 sounds good in sales potential but I would like to see more games like Deamon x Machina announced. Im really hoping Square has some good stuff coming and I would love to see surprise announcements like Eternal Darkness.

My question in terms of card costs is how/why did they think 64GB cards would become available in 2018 (signaling 32GB cards would drop to the next lower price tier)? Like, what exactly changed that delayed the cards by a year (or more)? I'd love to hear if anyone has found out.

I'm still putting my chips on Switch versions of GTAV and Call of Duty. Can't ignore the market much longer, especially when other third parties are cashing in with their Switch ports of "big boy" games.

It's again all a question of card costs. If they can get 32GB cards down to a reasonable price then I'm betting GTAV will be one of the first games ported over.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
I just wonder if the next 2d Zelda will be the game that will make the top down Zeldas become a Switch series. Nintendo is hard to let go of the 3ds, but i bet they will never launch a 3ds exclusive from now on, considering how better is the switch.

At least the games will be cross plataform, but never exclusive to the 3ds.

Also, thx for the detailed reply!
Imo Switch exclusive is the only way to go at this point. The 3ds would limit them to much if they want to do this "evolved 2d" style. They need to make a 2d Zelda game that wouldn't have been possible on any previous handhelds to make people exited for it, and using the 3ds as the base platform would prohibit that.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not a popular opinion but I want more ports of PS3/360 era games. Bioshock Collection, Fallout 3 & NV, Call of Duty Collection, Assassin's Creed collection, Vanquish, Binary Domain, Sleeping Dogs, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Prince of Persia 2008, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age: Origins, GTA 4, The Darkness 1&2, etc. I'd rather play that generation's games running at native-res (720 on tablet and 1080p on tv) at smooth frame-rates than ports of current gen games that are blurry and laggy.
Yes please. I want RE5 with all my heart.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
My question in terms of card costs is how/why did they think 64GB cards would become available in 2018 (signaling 32GB cards would drop to the next lower price tier)? Like, what exactly changed that delayed the cards by a year (or more)? I'd love to hear if anyone has found out.

It's again all a question of card costs. If they can get 32GB cards down to a reasonable price then I'm betting GTAV will be one of the first games ported over.

The article that informed about this problem said it was due to technical issues. The 64GB carts weren't relaiable enough and that they were improving the technology. I have no idea what happened there but manufacturing improvements might have been harder than originally thought and it would explain the delay and lowering of the manufacturing costs for other cart sizes.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The article that informed about this problem said it was due to technical issues. The 64GB carts weren't relaiable enough and that they were improving the technology. I have no idea what happened there but manufacturing improvements might have been harder than originally thought and it would explain the delay and lowering of the manufacturing costs for other cart sizes.

I can't read the original article since it requires a subscription but I'm not sure if "technical issues" always refers to technological issues when translated from Japanese.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
Looking forward to:

- Daemon x Machina
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Bayonetta 3
- Metroid Prime 4

Labo is dead. They could try to revive it by releasing a Labo Sports (in the vein of Wii Sports), but that probably won't happen.

Speacking of which. I REALLY HOPE a new "Wii Sports", titled "Switch Sports", comes out. That would be awesome.

Oh, and Skyward Sword HD has to happen (the joycons are PERFECT for that game).

Super wild wish: The Conduit 3 (I would pay a high price for it).

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I expect to be broke next year.

Still hoping for that XCX port despite of the company's recent interview.

I wouldn't put much stock into that interview because it's the very same interview where Takahashi said they didn't have any firm plans for the future of the Xenoblade series. A few weeks later, it turns out they started hiring for what looks like another entry in the Xenoblade series.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm afraid of the upcoming Nintendo Direct, it's usually on the first 2 weeks of January. Right? I mean I'm exited about Daemon X Machina, Travis, Metroid and FE.

I need to see more Yoshi to be convinced.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm 99% convinced they have and soon they will share more.

If you ask me I don't think they will go for subscription tiers, I believe nes games on Switch online was the exception and not the rule, a bonus to make the service more enticing.

When it comes to other platforms I can see two options:
- Individual sales, like what we had in virtual console, you buy whatever game you want and add it in your library
- Packages, bundles of multiple games at discount, kinda like the classic consoles. This model proved quite successful. I mean if you had the option to pay 80$ to get all 21 games of snes classic on Switch, instead of 8$ (virtual console pricing) per game individually, what would you choose?

Packages and collections maybe.

Individual sales unlikely.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
High hopes for Metroid Prime 4 and/or Trilogy, Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei V. Let's see if one at least comes out this year.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
You forgot Animal Crossing and Pokemon :D the 2 big hitters.

There was a rumor that Nintendo is looking to put out some form of zelda every year. I'd be super happy with either a BOTW remixed thing or a new 2d zelda

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Predictions:

- Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess is gonna get ported to the Switch. It'll be a 4-5 month turn around between announcement and release. I think it'll be announced Q1 and come out Q3, probably in-line with my second prediction...

- Switch "model 2" will reveal at E3 and launch in July/August. It won't add any new features or spec bump, just an ease-of-use redesign. It will also introduce revisions of accessories (like Joycons) but will still be fully compatible with existing ones on the market. Biggest notable features will be improved battery life, shrunk-down bezels (allowing for expansion of screen size), expanded internal storage size, and the new JoyCons. I think the JoyCons in particular will have ergonomic and Bluetooth signal improvements. "Pro Joycons," perhaps. I HOPE FOR a new "deck" as an alternative to a dock, that allows horizontal docking, and its basic design will be similar to a VHS player or NES, where the Switch tablet itself is inserted into a top deck and then pressed down into an enclosure, and I/O features (the USB ports) will be forward-facing on the deck rather than on the side. This "deck" design would fit a lot better into my personal home theater setup, rather than the vertical setup of the dock, which barely fits.

- Major firmware update will be issued to all Switch systems day-and-date with prediction #2 above. Key features will be eShop layout overhaul and ability to back up game installs to an external storage device when plugged into the dock only (no portable mode -> external storage option will exist), as well as an improvement to the way digital software licensing works so that transfer to brand-new consoles is not such a belabored process for digital-only buyers (it will still lag in consumer-side ease of use compared to other services, though).

- The majority of lower-system-requirement, well-marketed indie games will sign onto Switch for console exclusivity or timed exclusivity in 2019, owed to the ongoing success of indie titles on the platform. Nintendo will embrace this in their marketing all year long, and there will be a visible indie showcase in almost every public presentation that they put on -- every single Direct, floor presence at tradeshows, etc...

- We'll see at least one "port" that's actually a Switch-proprietary, ground-up reconstruction of a AAA game available on other platforms that releases within the same immediate window as the base version of the game on PS4/XB1/PC. I'm guessing it will be MK11, where it has the same features but due to the processing power discrepancy will have to be built from the ground up with Switch-friendly assets. It'll be an accurate representation of the core gameplay of the title but will have a proprietary Switch-based engine, rather than the traditional trend of developers downscaling an engine to run on Switch. Further, I think it'll probably sell really well and set a new baseline for other third parties to pick up similar practices for their own games, opening the third-party AAA market on Switch even further.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
The amount and entity of the first party games already announced for 2019 makes up a much better year than the current one, at least on paper. Knowing Nintendo's usual problems to keep a steady pipeline of releases, I don't think there's room for many surprise titles being added to the ones confirmed. Main possibilities seem to be:

- One or two Wii/Wii U ports (I'm betting on W101)
- Smaller eShop only titles (per Emily's comments). I've been thinking that Wave Race namedrop they did could be related to this. Another option could be a quirky experience set in the Zelda universe, they like to do those.
- Some casual sports game? I doesn't seem like a January Wii U port can be Mario's only appearance this year
- And maybe at the end of the year one out of Metroid Prime 4 or the Retro Star Fox game, if it isn't dead.

If all of these are real and there are no delays, the resulting 2019 schedule would be pretty jam-packed with games. Even so, the fact that we've seen precious little of most of those announced titles makes me think we'll still have to wait until the back end of the year for satisfaction. It sure looked like they were revealing Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing early only to placate impatient investors and fans.

My probably optimistic prediction for the first party schedule would be something like:

January – New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
February – tough shit
March – Yoshi's Crafted Story
April – The Wonderful 101
May – Fire Emblem: Three Houses
June – Daemon X Machina + Wave Race (unassuming revival, eShop only)
July – Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
August – Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
September – Animal Crossing
October – Luigi's Mansion 3
November – Pokémon
December – Star Fox Grand Prix

There could be a couple other smaller titles peppered around, Spring 2018 had some months with double launches.

Animal Crossing will be their big E3 featured title, with Metroid Prime 4 revealed there for a Spring 2020 launch together with the announcement of the Trilogy remaster.

They'll probably introduce a hardware revision around that time too. I can't conceive of it being anything other than an optimised model with improved battery and screen. They won't fuck around with an essential concept that's proven way more successful than anyone expected.

Third party-wise, it sure seems like some companies are still missing on easy money by failing to make their big last-gen experiences portable, so hopefully we'll see some more of those. Metal Gear Solid, Assassin's Creed, Fallout collections would sell like hotcakes.

I don't know that we can expect more current-gen ports than the ones already confirmed but pretty please Activision bring us Spyro.

And I certainly hope at least SNES games join the online service if they want to start giving it some real value, but I'm not so sure about that.

Last edited:

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
If I were a decision maker, I'd be looking at declining card costs and requiring the customer to download a portion of the game, a la DOOM and L.A. Noire.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Imo Switch exclusive is the only way to go at this point. The 3ds would limit them to much if they want to do this "evolved 2d" style. They need to make a 2d Zelda game that wouldn't have been possible on any previous handhelds to make people exited for it, and using the 3ds as the base platform would prohibit that.

I agree 100%, it being switch exclusive will allow they to really push performance and resolution and deliver a crispy hd timeproof artstyle. In fact i expect a 60fps 2d zelda at this point, even if they have to sacrifice the 1080p target.

This and a port of the other games can really keep me well fed until the next big 3d hit the stores.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
The biggest thing I am interested in is Metroid Prime 4, although I would like a trilogy remaster to come along before that. I have never played a Luigi's Mansion but heard good things so that might be nice to try, especially with my children.

A real Pokemon would be nice because I haven't really played one but it does pique my interest. Pokemon Let's Go looks awful gameplay and visual wise so I don't know I want to jump in yet.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If I were a decision maker, I'd be looking at declining card costs and requiring the customer to download a portion of the game, a la DOOM and L.A. Noire.

I would imagine if that was possible or financially feasible it would have been done already. IIRC the current gen versions of the game with GTA online are like 100GB or so. I'm guessing Nintendo has rules about how much of your game can be a mandatory download.

ozfunghi

Oct 25, 2017
New Entries in Existing Franchises: Tons of exclusives to look forward to.
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Daemon x Machina
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Bayonetta 3
- Metroid Prime 4
- Luigi's Mansion 3

Big Third Party Ports: Team Sonic Racing? Doom Eternal? Mortal Kombat 11? Take that, old people. Nintendo isn't kiddy no more.

Rumours: Metroid Prime Trilogy port? Can the leakers be salvaged? Or should they die like dogs?

More Wii U Ports: What else can Nintendo cook up, and more precisely where the fuck is The Wonderful 101?

Smash Ultimate DLC: Joker was a curve ball, but what else is in store? Will Nintendo have the balls to add Banjo?

New Hardware: Reports indicate that some new model of Switch is due to hit late 2019. Will it be a Switch-Lite? Switch-Pro? Will it forgo all cartridge access and be a dedicated portable Fortnight machine?

Pikmin 4: Pikmin 4?

LABO: ????????????????????????????

2018 is old news. Give us ya scoop.

Where the hell is Animal Crossing in your list?

Are those serious questions? If so, then the leakers should die like dogs.
WiiU ports? Super Mario 3D World please (i never got around to playing it on WiiU).
Pikmin 4: My most anticipated Switch game along with Animal Crossing.

My kids got the LABO robot a few weeks ago and had a blast building it and smashing stuff as a robot. It's a great concept and i hope more people would try it out with their kids. It's a bit magical.

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
January: New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again No More Heroes
February: Metroid Samus Returns HD
March: Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
April: Yoshi's Crafted World, The Wonderful 101 Switch
May: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Paper Mario Switch
June: Daemon x Machina, Pikmin 4
July: Animal Crossing, Advance Wars 5
August: Luigi's Mansion 3, Excite Truck 2
September: Bayonetta 3, Mother 3 HD
October: Star Fox Grand Prix, Sin & Punishment 3, New Switch Hardware
November: Pokemon Gen 8, "2D" Zelda
December: Metroid Prime 4

This seems pretty reasonable to me.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017

This seems completely absurd, in terms of pure quality from a single publisher. I strongly believe that many of these are 2020 games.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

That would be an excellent year yeah, totally offsetting their poor 2018 output.
If only the 3/4 of this list happens, it'll still be a solid year.

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, are you trying to make me go bankrupt from game purchases? Because that's how this looks to me.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
"tell us we will die like dogs"

Switch is going to crush 2019 even with some stuff up in the air like MP4 and Bayonetta 3

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
2019 will be a very overwhelming year for Nintendo fans. There's still multiple games that haven't been announced yet.

Honestly, Nintendo could move multiple games to 2020, and it still wouldn't change much about 2019. It would still be a very packed year.
Would you consider it at all possible that we're getting a new Sin & Punishment during the next few years (not necessarily 2019)?

Oct 25, 2017
With just what we know about already I am so pumped for 2019 for Switch.

I'm not sure what to expect as far as a release schedule goes. I almost feel like if they had something for February we would know about it already. I'm expecting a Direct at some point in January outlining the release timeline for the first half. Still hoping for Yoshi and FE for Q1/Q2 and that they don't slip further. Have been looking forward to those since reveal.

And yes I will take Wii U ports, whether that is trotting out one of the two Zelda ports again or something else. I'm greedy and would have loved Woolly World on Switch but that is unlikely at this point I imagine.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
- Bayonetta 3 is 2020
- Metroid Prime 4 is 2019
- A new switch will come out
- SNES will come to NSO
- Ridge Racer is real and gets announced
- GTA V comes to switch
- Switch sells 20+ million next fiscal year
- Retro's game releases and is better than expected
- Fire Emblem will decline in sales/quality in comparison to the 3DS games
- Overwatch comes to Switch
- Netflix finally comes to Switch

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017

Excited for Yoshi already.

Curious about FE. I'm and FE fan but the 3DS was not a good place/time for the series imo and I'm very curious where they go from there. Hopefully a better place, building on the strengths of Conquest wrt gameplay but discarding the story and character direction of Awakening/Fates (which really really burned me).

Wonder what else will come out from Nintendo...Prime 4 is of particular interest to me. So would be a 2D (or 3D) Zelda or Metroid game. Could any of these make 2019?

What in the world is Retro doing? Hope I enjoy whatever it is.

I also want DQB2 and am curious about DQXIS--what will it be; will it come west next year? I will likely double dip on DQXIS if it comes. I'd love it if it had some elements of the 3DS version worked in (maximally the whole 3DS version) or if the 3DS version released alongside the Switch version in the west. I doubt either will be the case, but I'm still curious what they change.

Maybe SMTV even comes out next year! That could be quite cool. (Also curious if we do get a Persona 5 Switch port, which I'd also likely double dip on).

In general, curious what we get from third parties (including indies tbc) in terms of RPGs, platformers, adventure titles, etc.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I think 2019 is gonna be another stellar year for the Switch. 2018 didn't feel disappointing to me even though it wasn't as good 2017 from a first party perspective, but we got much more third party support which made me quite happy.
Now to my predictions for 2019:

• 2019 will be a year where we see more "hanheld" like games from Nintendo. Something like a Mario 3D Land and A Link Between Worlds.
  • Nintendo Switch Online will get games from more systems added to it and it will become the new "Virtual Console".
  • More media apps like Netflix will be added.
  • They will finally give us themes so we can customise our home screen
  • Three Houses will set new sales records for the Fire Emblem series.
  • Metroid Prime 4 will release in 2019 and it will sell substantially more than it's predecessors which in turn will make Nintendo greenlight more Metroid projects, 2D and 3D ones.
  • We will get more WiiU ports and maybe even some 3DS ones (give me all them Zelda games you cowards).
  • We will get even more third party announcements and releases than we got this year and many will end up doing really well saleswise.
  • Switch will get day and date releases of most games, small and big.
  • A new version of Persona 5, with added content and changes, will release on Switch.
  • We will get the first in-depth trailer for Shin Megami Tensei 5 that will introduce us to the characters and the world. It won't release in 2019.
  • We won't be hearing anything substantial about Monolith Soft's new game.

Last edited:

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Other than the major games, I think Nintendo will have an interesting year for hardware and the platform.

-Switch OS major update
-eShop "relaunch"
-"New" Switch model
-New joy-con colours/models
-SNES comes to Switch Online
-Virtual Console "relaunch"
-Labo 2.0

I also think we will see at least one partnership with Microsoft in 2019 - something is brewing for sure.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I think 2019 is gonna be another stellar year for the Swich. 2018 didn't feel disappointing to me even though it wasn't as good 2017 from a first party perspective, but we got much more third party support which made me quite happy.
Now to my predictions for 2019:

• 2019 will be a year where we see more "hanheld" like games from Nintendo. Something like a Mario 3D Land and A Link Between Worlds.
  • Nintendo Switch Online will get games from more systems added to it and it will become the new "Virtual Console".
  • More media apps like Netflix will be added.
  • They will finally give us themes so we can customise our home screen
  • Three Houses will set new sales. records for the Fire Emblem series
  • Metroid Prime 4 will release in 2019 and it will sell substantially more than it's predecessors which in turn will make Nintendo greenlight more Metroid projects, 2D and 3D ones.
  • We will get more WiiU ports and maybe even some 3DS ones (give me all them Zelda games you cowards).
  • We will get even more third party announcements and releases than we got this year and many will end up doing really well saleswise.
  • Switch will get day and date releases of most games, small and big.
  • A new version of Persona 5, with added content and changes, will release on Switch.
  • We will get the first in-depth trailer for Shin Megami Tensei 5 that will introduce us to the characters and the world. It won't release in 2019.
  • We won't be hearing anything substantial about Monolith Soft's new game.

You sweet, sweet optimist.

Based on their first and second party output this year I'm expecting either awesomeness or further disappointment. I'm hoping Panic Button continue God's work, and I'm hoping we get a few more surprises. Hopefully very soon, or as soon as Nintendo are satisfied they're not eating in to Smash hype.

In crazy shit that will never happen type speculation... how crazy would it be if Microsoft brought xCloud to the platform? If they're bringing it to smart devices, kind feels like... why not? I'm guessing Nintendo would have scruples about it themselves but hey I'm just dreaming aloud

And so...

Alt Account
Dec 14, 2018

- Lite Switch released first part of the year (smaller and more portable form factor) released at $250 along with OG price cut to $250. Released near AC release

- Power Switch released at the end of the year alongside Metroid Prime 4 (same form factor size as OG switch, slightly increased power/internal memory/1080p screen) priced at $350

- Dockless Switches will start to be available outside of Japan.

- Nintendo Switch projected to hit 25 million in sales during the FY, and does.

- Nintendo announces eshop no longer exists on Switch. Brands "Nintendo Switch Online" network. Existing accounts will be folded under the new system. Everyone logs onto NSO for free. Gives access to many free online games, like Fortnite, gives access to the newly branded Switch shop.

Paid subscribers are rebranded to NSO "power up" members...giving you access to Nintendo online gaming, special perks, access to NES remastered online games etc (announces new SNES online game access)

- Nintendo announces "Switchback System". Amazon prime type service that allows you to buy/stream older NES/SNES/GB/GBA/N64/GC/DS/Wii games. The ability to purchase is available on NSO to anyone, "power up" subscribers get access to an array of games for free, which changes monthly.

- Microsoft announces at E3 (along with their streaming box announcement) that a version of their game streaming service will be available on Nintendo Switch systems at a later date. Giving the Switch streaming access to Microsoft games as well as many AAA multiplats that would never bother with a Nintendo port.

- Games released in 2019:

Exclusives

NSMBU+Luigi Deluxe
Travis Strikes Again No More Heroes
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Yoshi's Crafted Island
Fire Emblem : Three Houses
Daemon X Machina
Bayonetta 3
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 4
Marvel Ultimate Allaince 3
2d Zelda
Animal Crossing Switch
Luigis Mansion 3
Town
Super Mario Maker Switch
Paper Mario Color Splash
Labo Collection
Pokémon
Metroid Prime 4

Multiplats

Tales of Vesperia: definitive collection
Mortal Kombat 11
Crash Team Racing
Dragon Quest XI
Saints Row the Third
Persona Collection
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X/X2
Final Fantasy XII
Firewatch
Kentucky Route Zero
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Lego Movie 2 game
Siberia 3
No More Heroes 3
Rise and Fall Civ 6 expansion
Yokai watch 4
DragonQuest builders 2
Doom eternal
Shin Megami Tensei V
Trials Rising
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Ace Attorney Trilogy

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guesses on top of what's already been announced:

Mario Maker 2.0 - Fall 2019 title.

Metroid Prime 4 slips into 2020, but Bayonetta 3 is a go for 2019.

Monster Hunter S for Switch from MHXX team, December 2019 for Japan.

Persona 5 Special announced. Resident Evil Revelations 3 for Switch announced.

Maaaybe on GTAV.

Older Call of Duty titles announced.

Overwatch Switch a go.

Riiiiiiiiidge Racer.

Nintendo Online "Premium" service coming, allows access to SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, DS, GB/A, titles for $60/year.

Metal Gear Solid Collection + MGSV coming.

Madden NFL + Mass Effect Trilogy + Star Wars Battlefront Fortnite knock-off (multiplat including iPhone X+ and Android) for Switch from EA.

New Switch Model (14nm revision, smaller, better battery, lighter, better screen) in 2019. Pro model in 2020.

Last edited:

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
In crazy shit that will never happen type speculation... how crazy would it be if Microsoft brought xCloud to the platform? If they're bringing it to smart devices, kind feels like... why not? I'm guessing Nintendo would have scruples about it themselves but hey I'm just dreaming aloud
I would love any type of streaming solution for the platform. It's the direction the entire industry is moving in and not something Nintendo can miss out on. If they do get any type of streaming service it would come from Nvidia rather than Microsoft though.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my running list of ports/remasters I would love to see on the Switch, disregarding likelihood:

-Mario Galaxy HD Collection
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (bonus if it includes the original as well)
-TP/WW HD
-Skyward Sword HD (never was that big on it but it'd still be interesting to see)
-OoT/MM 3DS remakes
-Fallout 3 and NV
-Fire Emblem Tellius games
-Super Mario Maker (sequel maybe?)
-some sort of Dragon Quest collection consisting of a bunch of the DS/3DS versions
-Bravely Default HD collection (come on, why hasn't this one been announced yet?)
-some sort of Castlevania collection consisting of the GBA/DS entries.

Probably some more I'm forgetting. Hopefully I can scratch out almost half of this list in the end. But we'll see.

Jan 2, 2018

Not bad! But he went to far with his Waluigi prediction.
And the details are of course bonkers, but most of the games he mentioned make sense.

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
  • Yoshi's Crafted Word is mediocre, far too easy and short, lacking in content and depth, and has Unreal Engine 4 performance issues
  • Metroid Prime 4 is shown, heavily leverages 4-player co-op inspired by Federation Force, includes competitive multiplayer, releases TBA 2020
  • Bayonetta 3 nowhere to be seen, TBA 2020
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 rushed to market, further distances from the eery roots of the original, lacks content, launches with Hotel Rooms season pass
  • Pikmin 4 formally addressed, and cancelled
  • Daemon x Machina is buggy, massive performance issues, poor controls
  • Smash 4 Fighter Pass schedule extended by 8 months, Steve from Minecraft only other 2019 character
  • Retro remains silent all year
  • Pokemon Gen 8 revealed, visually similar to Let's Go, pushed into Q2 2020
  • Fire Emblem's cast mostly composed of underrage looking dragon lolis

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
  • Yoshi's Crafted Word is mediocre, far too easy and short, lacking in content and depth, and has Unreal Engine 4 performance issues
  • Metroid Prime 4 is shown, heavily leverages 4-player co-op inspired by Federation Force, includes competitive multiplayer, releases TBA 2020
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 rushed to market, further distances from the eery roots of the original, lacks content, launches with Hotel Rooms season pass
  • Smash 4 Fighter Pass schedule extended by 8 months, Steve from Minecraft only other 2019 character

Nintendo officially becomes EA in 2019

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I can kinda see the bolded happening.
Okay maybe only a quarter of FE lolis.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
As much as I want 2D Zelda, I feel that would be overkill in 2019. 2D Zelda is sort of in this Limbo as the handheld branch of things, and having that in place with the Handheld Trifecta in the sane year is far too much. Maybe in early 2020, but not this year. A remaster though, sure why not.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
I know it's not a popular opinion but I want more ports of PS3/360 era games. Bioshock Collection, Fallout 3 & NV, Call of Duty Collection, Assassin's Creed collection, Vanquish, Binary Domain, Sleeping Dogs, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Prince of Persia 2008, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age: Origins, GTA 4, The Darkness 1&2, etc. I'd rather play that generation's games running at native-res (720 on tablet and 1080p on tv) at smooth frame-rates than ports of current gen games that are blurry and laggy.
But haven't you played all of those before? Most other people certainly have.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I expect to see Animal Crossing in the summer (July)
Pokemon in Novemeber
FE in March/May
Lots of DLC and nice Indies. Everything else I dont know and will be happy to see. SMTV wont be next year tho my far out prediction is Atlus porting Nocturne to the Switch as an HD remaster and Persona 5 Crimson which leads into SMTV in 2020.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
As much as I want 2D Zelda, I feel that would be overkill in 2019. 2D Zelda is sort of in this Limbo as the handheld branch of things, and having that in place with the Handheld Trifecta in the sane year is far too much. Maybe in early 2020, but not this year. A remaster though, sure why not.
Thwy have to release games somtime

They combined 3ds and wii u so that means more games per year