• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
"Unable to take a capture now."
Well you'll just have to take my word for it I guess... but as of today's eShop update there are now 202 games on the Switch eShop!

We've reached this milestone after 7 months, meaning the Switch has averaged almost a new game per day, every day since the console launched.

Anybody still starving?

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty happy with the 1-2 games per week near launch. Felt like I had plenty to play. Recently it feels like I've had too much...but I guess that's a good problem to have

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
I love this chart.

PPKQWt0.jpg

shepcommandr

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Between retail and eShop only releases, I have 73 of those games. I'm pretty happy with the line up so far. Hamsters ACA ports have been great, solid indie line up (even if a bunch are older or on other platforms), and good 1st party. Think people will still complain about 3rd party stuff until more than just Bethesda, and occasionally Ubisoft show up with something.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a nice blend of smaller, or older releases with gargantuan first party new installations, so happy with mine so far.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I went from "this system will flop hard and there's barely any decent games coming" to "okay I need this console ASAP" in a couple months. There's so many games I want on it already. Delicious crow.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I feel like a pleb, seeing as I only have...
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Sonic Mania
  • Super Mario Odyssey (already paid for)
...in addition to me planning on buying Xenoblade 2. I guess I can always expand my line-up next year.

Nitsua

Oct 25, 2017
Sacae
I'm happy the Switch is taking off as it is now. This first year & next year will be great for Switch owners with the games that will arrive.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to check out splasher today people! Should be out soon i hope.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
All I have is Zelda, Golf Story, and Yono. Excited to add Mario to that tomorrow and Xenoblade in december. 2018 lineup looking strong also

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have a dedicated system in 'News' to highlight stuff, but that could definitely do with more indie title releases.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Nintendo still has one more tent pole title after Odyssey this year, though I do wonder about it's critical success.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The only games I own for my Switch are Splatoon 2 and Golf Story, and I've played Splatoon 2 exactly once since I got the console and didn't care for it. In other words, I'm pretty desperate for something to play.

At least tomorrow is Mario day!

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Its impressive how great and steady this first year regarding releases on the switch is.

Koizumi was right in a recent interview that front loading the console in the first 1 or 2 years is very important for the life cycle of a console.

So many games i and i only own like 5. Need to go back at it.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
But e-shop only games and Indies don't count man. /s
Neither do games that exist on other platforms!

Serious argument I had w someone recently. They said cross platform games don't 'count' for switch, but do for PS4/Xbox. Never was able to drag the logic out of them on that.

But anyway, happy that he switch is getting so many games. I'm still wary even tho there's no reason to be, but only cuz the Wii u fell off a very real cliff and I got burned badly.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Its impressive how great and steady this first year regarding releases on the switch is.

Koizumi was right in a recent interview that front loading the console in the first 1 or 2 years is very important for the life cycle of a console.

So many games i and i only own like 5. Need to go back at it.

Definitely. And it's the consistency too that is really helping, IMO: it seems like there's always something just around the corner, so even if what is coming out just now isn't to your tastes, then the next thing could very well be. At the same time, too, it gives the releases time to breathe, have their time in the spotlight, and make an impact without being crowded out by what's next. Like right now, Odyssey is the big "must get", but it'll soon be Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and meanwhile there are still things like Splatoon 2 and BoTW if either of those first two aren't to your tastes. Between this and the Directs, they've really done a masterful job of keeping the excitement consistent. I really do wonder what the library will look like by the end of the system, but it's really off to a solid start.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think the big thing the Switch is missing right now is a must-have RPG. I guess we'll have to wait until SMTV for that, which is kind of a shame.

But I suppose almost every console is really slow out of the gate as far as good RPGs go, so Switch is hardly unique in that regard.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
I am still starving for the virtual console. C'mon Nintendo, let us buy N64 and SNES games for the 8th time!

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
They have a dedicated system in 'News' to highlight stuff, but that could definitely do with more indie title releases.
Oddly News contains links to eShop categories ('games to play with family,' 'retro inspired adventures') which you can't access directly in the eShop itself.
Once those particular News stories disappear (the News channel has a limit of 300 entires) then these categories will be completely inaccessible.
I think the fact they exist definitely points to an eventual overhaul full of groupings and sub-sections.

I think the News channel must be working well enough as is though, as there aren't many dev complaints in regards to sales figures...

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I never though it would be such an amazing console.
I got mine on May, alongside with BOTW, but I was expecting it to be another Gamecube: full of amazing Nintendo games, but that's it. I accepted that and was pretty ok with the fact that I wasn't going to have too much titles for it.

5 months later, I have 10 games for the Switch and there are at least another 10 games that i would like to have.

The fact that I dont need to be at home to play it, completed changed my gaming life. Switch is my companion, unless i'm going to some place that I'll have to interact with other people, I take it with me everywhere I go.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
BoTW, Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2 have been more than enough for me.

Congrats to Nintendo for such a successful launch. :) I am looking forward to Pokemon and Animal Crossing at some point!

Deleted member 7079

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's so much stuff for year 1 that I've had to skip on games. Barely touched Pokken, put Sonic Mania on hold, have not bought Stardew/Golf/Fire Emblem Warriors. A bunch of new games are going to drop before I'm even halfway done with Mario.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the big thing the Switch is missing right now is a must-have RPG. I guess we'll have to wait until SMTV for that, which is kind of a shame.

But I suppose almost every console is really slow out of the gate as far as good RPGs go, so Switch is hardly unique in that regard.
Agreed, don't forget Octopath and, technically, Pokémon too.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was an amazing first year, a far cry from the previous first years in Nintendo's console history. You got hit games coming out almost every month or two.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

There's Xenoblade 2 coming in December as far as RPGs coming in the immediate future. You can also factor in Pokémon, even though we don't know when that's coming out.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch built up its library super fast. Even the PS4 (which has a butt ton of games) took a bit to built up its library.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There's Xenoblade 2 coming in December as far as RPGs coming in the immediate future. You can also factor in Pokémon, even though we don't know when that's coming out.

Yeah. Xenoblade X killed any desire I would have for a new Xeno game. I realize Chronicles 2 is kind of pretending X never happened, but what I've seen of the game hasn't been promising. And I just don't think I've got it in me to put up with Pokémon dialogue anymore, as sad as it is. I traded Sun in before I did the third island trial.

My most awaited non-SMTV Switch RPG right now is Octopath Traveler, which is saying something. More RPGs will come, that's absolutely certain given how well the system is doing, but the road map right this second isn't particularly exciting as far as potential classics go.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Things really are looking bright for the Switch. A great library, an undeniably attractive gimmick that pulls people in, and good sales numbers too. I'm hopeful for next year and beyond!

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, great first year for Switch! Loving it! Tomorrow is Mario, baby!
I am still starving for the virtual console. C'mon Nintendo, let us buy N64 and SNES games for the 8th time!
Yeah, I feel you. I want VC pretty badly at this point. It's all Switch is really missing for me. I'll never complain about getting new stuff, but being able to revisit the past on modern hardware is great too (especially when Nintendo stuff tends to age like fine wine). I've grown doubtful that Nintendo actually even wants to offer it on Switch, but I hope I'm wrong, and that they eventually do. Switch could potentially have the best VC ever, especially if portable GameCube games were a thing.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I find it odd that's still not up yet.

Still holding out hope for some Netflix-like program on the Switch for old releases. Would gladly give Nintendo $10-15 a month for unlimited access to older console libraries.