• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters
May 30, 2018
Looking for this I've just discovered the Bluetooth audio adapter... what!?
I had no idea this existed, thanks for making me poorer in the near future :)

wait a few weeks, there's an even better, stupidly thin one coming: http://www.gulikit.com/article_read_215.html

fK6QI8k.png

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know about the speed of the transfer since I never tested but I can't see it taking too long... It might depend on the size of the save file, but most save files are small so it might be real fast. And you can select which save file you want to send, no need to do a whole system transfer or anything like that.
Dude, thanks for pointing this out. It Really does fix my problem. I can't imagine it taking long either and as long as I only have to do it for a couple of games here and there it is what ever.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
wait a few weeks, there's an even better, stupidly thin one coming: http://www.gulikit.com/article_read_215.html

fK6QI8k.png
Got my fingers crossed that this turns out well, it looks and sounds amazing.
Thanks a lot for the info!
I feel the need to point out there's no USB passthrough with this one, so you can't use it while charging unlike the Genki. Other than that they seem functionally identical.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
Anyone else who already owns a switch, hardly plays it handheld mode but still wants to get a switch lite?

I do, what's wrong with me?

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I am really looking forward to the lite. I am planning on keeping my OG switch at home and docked, and use the lite while I travel. I do hope they are considering an easier option regarding the save data, would love to be able to switch between the lite and OG on the fly. It sounds like there is already a solution, but would prefer a simpler option especially for the games I typically prefer playing docked like Splatoon and Fire Emblem. Guess we will have to wait and see what Bowser meant by his comments earlier regarding the save data.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Hands on videos make it look like a sturdy and well sized handheld. Cool for people looking for a portable Switch.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone found out what the process will be if you own a previous regular Switch that you want to keep and continue to use alongside this? Can you just log in on the other system and swap micro SD cards? Maybe someone with multiple Switches will know. I wonder if Nintendo has any plans to make this smoother.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Has anyone found out what the process will be if you own a previous regular Switch that you want to keep and continue to use alongside this? Can you just log in on the other system and swap micro SD cards? Maybe someone with multiple Switches will know. I wonder if Nintendo has any plans to make this smoother.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
I've seen dozens of super slick comparison photos of the two Switches, but this is the first image that really sells the size difference to me. It looks substantially more small than I previously imagined.

I'm still a little bit torn on it, I'm going to have to wait and see about the Joycon quality. I'll also have to get and apply another screen protector, ugh.

Still, it's extremely tempting. I really like the Lite's promise of portability. I have an hour subway commute to and from work each day, but I still feel sheepish busting out my big old Switch on the train. This looks much more discreet and handy.

fK6QI8k.png

I know that page says it's compatible for Switch Lite, but I find it a little suspect. If the USB port is just for charging and no longer shuttling data, I don't know how these could work. I also haven't seen any photos of the very bottom to see if the holes for those pegs are in a safe place. If I'm gonna do the Lite, it's pretty crucial that I can get Bluetooth to work on it. I don't want to carry an extra pair of wired headphones just for the Switch, and it's really made me shy away from dialogue and story heavy games on the system.

May 30, 2018
I know that page says it's compatible for Switch Lite, but I find it a little suspect. If the USB port is just for charging and no longer shuttling data, I don't know how these could work. I also haven't seen any photos of the very bottom to see if the holes for those pegs are in a safe place. If I'm gonna do the Lite, it's pretty crucial that I can get Bluetooth to work on it. I don't want to carry an extra pair of wired headphones just for the Switch, and it's really made me shy away from dialogue and story heavy games on the system.

understandable concern. that said, this accessory from Hori, officially licensed by Nintendo, is made for users of the Switch Lite (and regular) to stand/dock and use USB devices like licensed USB controllers, the Gamecube adapter, etc with their Lite:

i think it's very safe to assume the usb port still works as USB + charging, just no video/display port signal is output.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I really, really like the idea of a complimentary, portable-only Switch. I really like this.

But man, Nintendo's save system just sucks. I'll be flipping between the two systems several times a week.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Yeah, I just reviewed one that Bionik put out. Hoping to see if it fits on the Lite too!

I could feel a whole new world open up before me...
Another one added to the list, thanks for posting :)

Somehow I feel like the perspective of the photo is giving the wrong impression here, it generally really didn't appear to be so much smaller than the OG.
Yeah multiple videos show the Lite is the size of the OG minus 1 Joycon. This makes it look the size of the OG minus both Joycon which isn't the case. Weird perspective makes this pretty misleading.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
The page won't fully load for me but it looks (from the pictures) like that one doesn't allow USB-C pass-through to charge the Switch while the adapter is connected?

Which might not be as critical as it was with the original Switch. I have the Genki, which works great, has pass-through, but I don't like it beeing under the switch. I use the U adapter from Gulikit to have the Genki on the back of the switch.

I've seen dozens of super slick comparison photos of the two Switches, but this is the first image that really sells the size difference to me. It looks substantially more small than I previously imagined.

I know that page says it's compatible for Switch Lite, but I find it a little suspect. If the USB port is just for charging and no longer shuttling data, I don't know how these could work.

The perspective is in favour of the lite.

The USB port will also usable to connect Controllers, I would be surprised if it's only for charging.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Ah, cool. And how frequently does those online checks must be done?

Not sure since I never tried it, but this is what I got from the support site.

Doesn't mention the online check at all but I am certain you have to. There is no way Nintendo would allow you to play on other systems otherwi

EDIT: The site says :
  • If you lose your Internet connection while playing downloadable content on a non-primary console, your game will pause after a certain amount of time; however, once you connect online again, you will be able to resume from the point you left off.
So it seems like they don't want you to know how long lol.

I use this ALOT, so:

- You have to do an Online Check every time you boot up a new game, which is simple when out and about with a phone which can Hot Spot. The check takes like 10 seconds once connected to Wi-Fi.

- The Online Check when playing a single game is 3 Hours. So for example if you play on the journey to work and it's lunch time 4 hours later, you need to connect to Wi-Fi to continue playing the game. If not, it will just say there's no internet and won't let you progress further, but thankfully it don't close the game unless you tell it to.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I use this ALOT, so:

- You have to do an Online Check every time you boot up a new game, which is simple when out and about with a phone which can Hot Spot. The check takes like 10 seconds once connected to Wi-Fi.

- The Online Check when playing a single game is 3 Hours. So for example if you play on the journey to work and it's lunch time 4 hours later, you need to connect to Wi-Fi to continue playing the game. If not, it will just say there's no internet and won't let you progress further, but thankfully it don't close the game unless you tell it to.
Thanks. I wouldn't mind doing a check every 3 or so hours on my docked switch since it will have internet access 24/7.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks. I wouldn't mind doing a check every 3 or so hours on my docked switch since it will have internet access 24/7.

Yeah, only downside is no other profile can play games on it, but it's not too much of a problem. My friend can play all my games and I have to check in every 3 hours on mine which is fine as long as I remember to connect to internet and pick a game to play on my journey to/from work.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question. There's currently 2 Switch consoles at my house, and I'm thinking about selling mine. Can I backup my profile and saves into the other Switch until I buy a Lite and transfer them back?

snipah

Oct 28, 2017
Briefly thought about selling my OG Switch for the lite, because my wife also own a Switch right now, which I could use for playing on TV, but still hesitating at the moment. Can anyone tell me, if it works that I could continue playing a game on my wife's Swich, that I started on my Lite? We are subscribed to the online service. Is it just like putting down the switch after saving the game, moving on to the other switch, load the save-game and continue playing? Or do I explicitely have to save to/ load from the cloud? I want this to be nice and easy (and want to be able to play Ori on TV) :)

NVM: Just read that not every game has cloud saves! Decision made... OG stays :)

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Briefly thought about selling my OG Switch for the lite, because my wife also own a Switch right now, which I could use for playing on TV, but still hesitating at the moment. Can anyone tell me, if it works that I could continue playing a game on my wife's Swich, that I started on my Lite? We are subscribed to the online service. Is it just like putting down the switch after saving the game, moving on to the other switch, load the save-game and continue playing? Or do I explicitely have to save to/ load from the cloud? I want this to be nice and easy (and want to be able to play Ori on TV) :)
You will have to sync cloud saves every time you move between systems, and you will have to figure out how you want to configure your digital download situation, but what you want to do is possible.

Tbh, you can try it out now before spending a cent on a Lite.

I have a question. There's currently 2 Switch consoles at my house, and I'm thinking about selling mine. Can I backup my profile and saves into the other Switch until I buy a Lite and transfer them back?

Yes; this should work. If you already have a profile on the other Switch, you can move over the saves you want or sync them using cloud saves. If you don't, you can migrate your full user profile over and everything will transfer. (Including primary digital ownership, I believe?)

I don't remember how backing up saved screenshots and videos works though.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
I really want someone who has one to hookup a USB-C to HDMI dongle and connect it to a TV> Nintendo said no TV out with their dock, I could be completely mistaken, but I thought a USB-C standard was to do video out. If for some freaky reason, it actually displays video using an adapter, I will trade in my Switch and get this. I want the portability of this but be able to dock when I'm home. That would be the best case for me. If it doesn't do any video out, would that be a modified USB-C in this thing to purposely not follow standards (If that is a standard for USB-C to begin with).