• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm. My left analogue stick is having issues when moving to the right. Link keeps either walking slowly when the stick is fully right or stopping altogether. A quick jiggle resolves it for a minute. No issue in the other directions.

Any quick fixes or shall I just whip it back to the shop for a replacement?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly loving my grey one so far. Feels great, works nice, I still can't believe I have a current gen console (I've never had a current gen console save for a PC), and a Nintendo one at that.

It cost me enough that I can't buy BOTW anytime soon but who cares lol

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm. My left analogue stick is having issues when moving to the right. Link keeps either walking slowly when the stick is fully right or stopping altogether. A quick jiggle resolves it for a minute. No issue in the other directions.

Take it back. Will probably only get worse. Also this is one of the reasons why I decided to just stick with the regular model. Nintendo clearly didn't fix their sticks.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
What could have been had the Lite had less bezels:

w6PPkiv.png

Look how big the screen is while still maintaining a small form factor. The next Switch iteration needs to ditch bezels.
That actually looks ugly to be honest.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Finally got my hands on a Switch Lite today at Best Buy; the cable powering it and securing it to the display was rather short so I couldn't get a really good hands-on experience but it's certainly tiny and cute and fuck me I wish it was playable on a TV because I want one.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bought a switch lite on sale, tips to transfer data and share my account between the lite and the regular switch (the last one will stay at home)

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Finally got my hands on a Switch Lite today at Best Buy; the cable powering it and securing it to the display was rather short so I couldn't get a really good hands-on experience but it's certainly tiny and cute and fuck me I wish it was playable on a TV because I want one.

Yep, I know this particular version of the Switch Lite was designed almost entirely without the existing user in mind and was going for a more expanded audience rather than encouraging a repeat purchase, but damn me if I wouldn't be all over a Lite if I could still dock it and output to a larger display.

Hoping there's a revision in the future for folks like us. The design is super cute, way more comfy to actually hold and I feel like the yellow and green both look absolutely incredible. Lack of docking capability completely ruins it for me, though.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Seems like the same problem I had with my two DS4 controllers.

Blowing into the analog seems to help, even if just for a bit. Never completely solved the problem, though I didn't try compressed air.

It's so fucking annoying, I'd try to replace it.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
Bought a switch lite on sale, tips to transfer data and share my account between the lite and the regular switch (the last one will stay at home)

Unregister the old switch as the primary device, and register the lite as the primary.

That way you can use the lite while offline to play your downloaded games. The non primary switch can play them only when connected to the internet.

If you have Nintendo switch online, you can download your cloud save data on a game by game basis. If you make progress on one system you just need to redownload the save data on the other system. It will upload new saves automatically but you will have to download the new save on a different system manually.

Honestly for me it all works better than I expected it to.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Not really switch lite related per say but what kind of headphones do you all use for the switch? I'm looking for a pair for my honeymoon and I like the beats studio 3 we got for free with my wife's MacBook but I don't want to steal hers cause she'll be using them. My main requirements are that they come with a carrying case and if they're wireless they have a 3.5 mm aux cable I can hook into the phones and switch
HyperX Cloud Alpha comes with a case and it is a very nice headset.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unregister the old switch as the primary device, and register the lite as the primary.

That way you can use the lite while offline to play your downloaded games. The non primary switch can play them only when connected to the internet.

If you have Nintendo switch online, you can download your cloud save data on a game by game basis. If you make progress on one system you just need to redownload the save data on the other system. It will upload new saves automatically but you will have to download the new save on a different system manually.

Honestly for me it all works better than I expected it to.

Cool thanls, I dont think highly on Nintendo's online output, sp is good to hear that it works

Oct 27, 2017
This analogue stick issue is weird. It's noticeable in Links, but not an issue at all in Breath of the Wild. It's still there on occasion, but doesn't impact on the game.

I've recalibrated the stick, but not really fixed it.

So thinking I might take it back, but I'll lose my saves won't I? I don't have cloud saves as I'm not paying for the online.

Edit: I dunno. Just played half an hour of Links and it was fine. I'll give it another few days and see, Game have a 30 day refund/exchange policy so I have until the end of this month to decide.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20471

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought a month ago a new Switch (the one with the upgraded battery) but I'm considering buying a lite too because I use it exclusively in portable mode. Please Era, stop me ç_ç

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a month ago a new Switch (the one with the upgraded battery) but I'm considering buying a lite too because I use it exclusively in portable mode. Please Era, stop me ç_ç
Honestly don't. You have one with better battery and with the joy-con drift stuff still being an issue, it's safer sticking with the modular version.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for knocking some sense into me, dude.
No problem! I think it's dope for the most part, but if you can afford the regular one, it's the one you should stick with. Kinda breaks my heart to say that since I love the idea of a smaller, handheld only version. But you're losing so much and taking a big risk (because of the drift factor) to save $100.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
*sighs*

No quibbles with the d-pad, no drifting issues to speak of, and have been happily playing Link's Awakening since it came out.

Decided to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the eShop, when I noticed this noticeable warm yellow blemish on the loading screen, inside the bottom half of the number '8' near-ish the top left corner, above the diagonal 'Mario Kart 8' logo.

And now I see it all the time ... 😔

5zIFRhp.jpg

ReXsIpX.jpg

TLK5VxA.jpg

Even more noticeable when using the 'white' theme.

I guess I am asking if this is 'bad enough' to be exchanged?

I'm none the wiser with regards to what I have to do to keep my saves if I was to exchange my Switch Lite.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People switc.... swapping between multiple units, does playtime sync or start afresh on the Lite?
That's a good question, I'd like to know as well as I currently have a Lite but would totally buy a "Pro" to leave permanently docked to my OLED TV.
This was one of my concerns when I got my Lite. I swap between both systems daily. I play on the tv when I get home and then switch to the Lite at bedtime. So far, my hours for all games I played have been tracking correctly between systems. They do not reset. It is just one list of games in my activity log and both systems add to the same overall tally.

Deleted member 50761

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
This was one of my concerns when I got my Lite. I swap between both systems daily. I play on the tv when I get home and then switch to the Lite at bedtime. So far, my hours for all games I played have been tracking correctly between systems. They do not reset. It is just one list of games in my activity log and both systems add to the same overall tally.
So your save data is on both consoles?

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
*sighs*

No quibbles with the d-pad, no drifting issues to speak of, and have been happily playing Link's Awakening since it came out.

Decided to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the eShop, when I noticed this noticeable warm yellow blemish on the loading screen, inside the bottom half of the number '8' near-ish the top left corner, above the diagonal 'Mario Kart 8' logo.

And now I see it all the time ... 😔

5zIFRhp.jpg

ReXsIpX.jpg

TLK5VxA.jpg

Even more noticeable when using the 'white' theme.

I guess I am asking if this is 'bad enough' to be exchanged?

I'm none the wiser with regards to what I have to do to keep my saves if I was to exchange my Switch Lite.

I know where it is on the 8 just because you told us, because it's pretty small. And I'm having a super hard time finding it on the other shots lol

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Diablo on the Lite just absolutely sucks the life out of the battery. Even more so than the OG Switch.

The battery holds up better with Mario + Rabbids, by comparison.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So your save data is on both consoles?
I use cloud saves. When I'm done playing on the tv, I close the game and it takes about 10-15 seconds for the save to automatically upload. I take my cartridge out, put it in the Lite and download the cloud save which takes like ten seconds and then I'm playing on the Lite. It's nice how easy it is Nintendo made it to upload and download cloud saves and not bury it in some big settings menu. It's very intuitive and quick.

Deleted member 50761

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I use cloud saves. When I'm done playing on the tv, I close the game and it takes about 10-15 seconds for the save to automatically upload. I take my cartridge out, put it in the Lite and download the cloud save which takes like ten seconds and then I'm playing on the Lite. It's nice how easy it is Nintendo made it to upload and download cloud saves and not bury it in some big settings menu. It's very intuitive and quick.
Ah that's cool, I have Online so also use cloud saves.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
It eventually syncs, but takes several hours or longer for some weird reason. I remember being bummed because I thought I had lost all play times. Then the next day, they were all back.
This might actually be the thing that pushes me over the edge!
Seems it works exactly as I hoped, nice. Thanks for the info :)

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only thing that annoys me is I can't run YouTube or Hulu at the same time on both devices. Hopefully, a future patch fixes that. No reason for that.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
It eventually syncs, but takes several hours or longer for some weird reason. I remember being bummed because I thought I had lost all play times. Then the next day, they were all back.

How easy is it to upload your saves and transfer them? Do you have to manually do it each time you swap?

edit: post above yours actually answers it.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got to hold one of these when I was browsing at Target today. Love how light it felt but it honestly seemed like my left hand may get sore after a while because of the smaller size. But it sure is sexy (it was the yellow SKU).

Jan 1, 2018
Madrid
EH90mg_XUAABcb_.jpg

I think these are the first real pictures of the Pokémon Limited Edition... I had it pre-ordered on Amazon but now I'm thinking on cancelling and getting the yellow one.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
I'm honestly loving my grey one so far. Feels great, works nice, I still can't believe I have a current gen console (I've never had a current gen console save for a PC), and a Nintendo one at that.

It cost me enough that I can't buy BOTW anytime soon but who cares lol

Enjoy the system 😁 it's honestly one of the best I've ever owned. I think the games library is going to explode in a big way next year.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Are there any in-hand images of that Switch flip case yet? I have one ordered from Japan. It's supposed to release November 1st but I was hoping to see something release early.