• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gave in and bought a generic-ish grip off of Amazon, I'll let you all know how it is (didn't want a Satisfye on account of wanting something that's better for face buttons first and foremost).

Enjoy the system 😁 it's honestly one of the best I've ever owned. I think the games library is going to explode in a big way next year.
Hey, thanks so much c:

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I gave into temptation and picked up the turquoise today. It looks and feels amazing. The Switch Lite will pretty much replace my OG Switch going forward. I'm loving it so far.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The Pokemon version is releasing soon and I'm still on the fence whether to keep my preorder or cancel it... ugh.

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone using a protective shell on their switch lite? Not looking for a grip as such as I want to keep what I carry as minimal as possible but finding the lite a little slippery at times.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Pokemon version is out. I wonder if the dpad lottery is any better with this version or if it's the exact same thing.

I bought it for the kids for Xmas but now I feel like I need to open it to test the dpad out.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon version is out. I wonder if the dpad lottery is any better with this version or if it's the exact same thing.

I bought it for the kids for Xmas but now I feel like I need to open it to test the dpad out.

You might as well check it. The package does not have any sticker seals so they (your kids or the retailer) wouldn't even know that it was opened. Also, you can set up the Switch by downloading firmware update(s) and creating/setting up their profile so it's ready to play come Christmas day.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Link's Awakening is also an Xmas present. Would I be able to tell about the dpad easily just from Street Fighter collection?

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My Pokemon edition arrived yesterday and I love it, I wanted to get it just to test it but yeah I'm keeping it lol.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got my Pokemon edition yesterday too and I'm keeping this one and selling my other Lite. This one finally is a *perfect* unit. Good volume from speakers, nice clicky dpad that registers inputs perfectly, other buttons nice and clicky, screen is warm and bright, etc. Looks really nice too. Only question is how long the design on the back holds up. Most of the finish on the back of my OG Switch has been eaten away by sweat. I kinda wish they were actually engraved instead of a coating, don't see that holding up more than a year.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am extremely close to picking up a Lite. I moved recently and am finding that, in my new location, I am taking my Switch out with me and doing a lot of gaming on the go.

Trying to decide between green and gray 😬 and hoping there will be some kind of BF discount, even though that seems unlikely. Should I just bite now? Also WHICH COLOR FAM

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I am extremely close to picking up a Lite. I moved recently and am finding that, in my new location, I am taking my Switch out with me and doing a lot of gaming on the go.

Trying to decide between green and gray 😬 and hoping there will be some kind of BF discount, even though that seems unlikely. Should I just bite now? Also WHICH COLOR FAM

Between the two I'd say Turquoise just because it has some personality, but if I were buying one I'd probably go with the Yellow color. That's typically the one I see on display in stores for play and the thing is just gorgeous.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what the next "special edition" Lite will be.

I'm waiting for a good special edition Lite before I pick one up, I'm hoping for a Metroid Prime 4 one, or a cool Zelda one.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
My Pokémon Switch Lite was delivered Friday and I've been loving it so far. Having a dedicated dpad has already been a huge boon to games I had avoided like Blaster Master Zero, Shovel Knight & Curse of the Moon.

I've had launch Switch since day one and have been using the Satisfye grip with it since that shipped through Indiegogo. So far the Lite is very comfortable with Hori's TPU clear case. I think I'm going to order Satisfye's Lite grip just to see how I like it.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Just popping in to say I fucking love my yellow Switch Lite. I'm playing FFXII on it right now and the size & form of the Lite is ideal for me. Hoping for an Animal Crossing Lite for my wife next year. 😄

Feb 10, 2018
ah okay.

they just went live on Play-asia, so was wondering.

also this alternative popped up on amazon

im deciding which one to go for

Well if its good enough for santa... Lol

51hYtEiTnvL._AC_SY400_.jpg

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

*Sigh* that was fast. I picked up a turq on the way home from work

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Saw a Switch Lite on display in person at the store the other night. From the moment I picked it up, I had to have it. Grabbed the Pokemon version since it's my favorite of the available colorways. Not a big fan of the rear, but the etching is subtle and I'll never really see it anyway.

I already own a regular Switch, but it's not my favorite thing to play as a handheld. The Lite feels a lot better in my hands. Its display is definitely warmer than my launch day Switch. The colors may also be slightly less vivid, though that's something that's probably more noticeable after prolonged use of the original Switch or when directly comparing the two.

One thing I noticed is a scanline or screendoor effect on the display. After searching, it seems others on reddit are experiencing the same issue. It seems to occur when the system is awoken from Sleep Mode, but not after a cold boot. It also corrects itself after a few minutes so it's not a huge deal. Other than that, the display actually seems pretty uniform. There's an audible click when pointing the left analog stick up, but I'm not too concerned about that yet.

I'm going to use the Lite exclusively for a while, except for docked play, without ever picking up my regular Switch. After I get used to it, I'm going to go back to the original Switch and see how I feel.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I screwed up 2/3 of my tempered glass screen protectors, the one currently on has a hair in the upper right quadrant and some dust particles. It isn't noticeable when I'm playing, but when it's off it's ugly. I'll leave it be, but it annoys me how bad I am putting them on.

Other than that, the Pokémon Lite is gorgeous with the colored buttons and grey color going on. Tetris is so much better to play on the Lite, Luigi's Mansion is great since, to me, the HD rumble doesn't feel pronounced that I feel like I'm missing out. Haven't tried Stretchers on it yet, but split joy-cons are a fun way to play the game.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Man I want that flip cover but if it's not going to come out until next year, I guess I'll get the plastic hori case for now.

quick question: if the Lite is your secondary switch, do you need to put your password in every time you redownload something, or is that just some setting I can't find?

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I' near sighted so a normal screen is looking small to me. For example, I used 17" laptops and habe the same real estate as someone with perfect sight (I realize the same effect when wearing lenses, but I don't handle them well)
What's your feedback on the Lite. Is the screen big enough? I still stick to my OG Switch for that reason despite placing 99% handheld.

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
I' near sighted so a normal screen is looking small to me. For example, I used 17" laptops and habe the same real estate as someone with perfect sight (I realize the same effect when wearing lenses, but I don't handle them well)
What's your feedback on the Lite. Is the screen big enough? I still stick to my OG Switch for that reason despite placing 99% handheld.
Can't speak to the near sightedness as I have perfect eyesight but I do wish the screen was a tad bigger. However the size is the winning factor for me as it way more manageable and portable. If you're happy with the size of a regular switch my recommendation is to stick with the OG.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I've been thinking of getting a lite and I love the yellow, but I've looking at some review about the Pokemon edition claiming that it seems to have a better screen. Also I've been wondering if since it's a slightly newer model it will be any better when it comes to drifting issues.

Do you have any insights into this?