• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Great price too. Is the battery life better and what are the console specs?

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why I ever doubted Nintendo's ability to fuck up a sure thing, but they accomplished it. If it really has the exact same internals I don't understand what possible reason they would have for eliminating the dock port. You don't have to include the dock in the package.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The system looks very good, and good value for its price as well. I don't like the colors, but they'll launch more in the future for sure. This is the first step to turn the Switch into a one-per-user device rather than a one-per-family device that $300+ consoles usually are. This will be the big launch of Nintendo's strategy to sell Switch systems to kids and the casual/not-hardcore players. It's right in time for Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and I expect more stuff like Girls Mode/Style Savvy/New Style Boutique or Tomodachi Life in 2020. The core gamer has been reached; it's now time to broaden the audience.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm baffled that people are defending the lack of TV output by arguing that Nintendo needs a reason to keep selling the original model. Why would you expect such a feature when you could just buy two consoles instead?! It's such a pro-corporate and anti-consumer thing to argue. Wanting to have TV out on a smaller model is not some kind of unreasonable, outlandish desire.
are people defending it or just stating facts

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Decent price and looks alright but some weird choices too, like dropping the detachable Joycons.

Switch was a great on the go, local multiplayer console and the Switch Lite not having that is a bit of a downer. The colours are a bit boring too, no white or red version ?

Hopefully the Pro version is real and keeps all the features of the original Switch.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Can the people who always say "A Switch TV only version would be against what the console is about" finally shut up now?

So yeah I don't need a mobile only version, I want a home only version.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The form factor is still a bit strange for something that's supposed to be more portable though, no way I'm going to put this in a pocket without getting any scratches. That is slightly disappointing.

I wonder if it will sell as much as people think, I'm not good at guessing, anyone dares to make an estimate for its' first month?
The price is really good. I reckon it'll sell super well especially with right software.

Toilet Duck

Alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2019
As someone who has never played the Switch docked, this looks amazing!
If the performance and internal specs is the same as a regular Switch, I'll definitely be picking one up!

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Umm no, it's not. They will both continue to be sold. When the PS4 Pro released it was not the de facto PS4. When the Xbox One X released it was not the de facto Xbox One.

The Lite is now the configuration/features that software will be developed for- not local multiplayer with the joycons. That's over.

The original configuration/features will be a novelty in the big picture of what the Switch is going forward.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
£170 in the UK

That's gonna be selling like hot cakes.

Looks nice, I got rid of my Switch due to not using it but for that price it would make a great traveling device.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
It's the Vita 2! But seriously, too many cuts for me to be worth it as I don't play portable much.

Wonder what games won't be supported

Nov 27, 2017
California
Mustard yellow is a terrible color but the Deku is great.

Looks alright, might get one if there's a bundle with Pokémon or special edition console or atomic purple color

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So it's probably a bit early for people to know the answer to this question. But if I bought this, would I be able to on the fly play a game on my main/original Switch at home while docked, then with cloud saves and my Nintendo account connected to the LITE be able to take that on the go and pick up on whatever I was playing? Because if that's something I can do I'll absolutely buy one of these to have a smaller portable Switch for when I'm not at home.

If I can't do that though, I don't really have much reason to buy one.

Pokémon Version available November 8th (Link)

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
cool pokemon version

image0.png

Throwing in a link for the sake of a threadmark.

Oct 27, 2017
IMO there's no reason to exclude TV play. They could sell a smaller dock or a cable separately and make bank.

While this is great as a lower price, anyone getting this as a gift will be getting a switch that can't switch. What else does the name mean if it can't switch between TV/portable or joy cons?

Also announcing this 2 + months ahead seems kinda early.

Is there any reason to believe they couldn't patch in TV play if they wanted to? I imagine they think it will hurt the sales of the $300 model if it can also switch.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Interesting, the colours are bit ugly imo, but hey at least it's more portable now and.. "Since Nintendo Switch Lite is a dedicated handheld device, it won't connect to a TV" .... you lost me.

The pro it is then.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
This is a device for families that do not want to spend $300 on a Nintendo device for their young kids to drop all over the floor. It is not targeted at the traditional gamer as they would just pick up the regular Switch.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Nintendo is going to own the holidays, but I'll wait for the Switch Pro next year or whenever. That's my wishlist from Nintendo.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually curious if this will be able to run handheld mode at higher fidelity than the original switch

It's kind of hilarious that the Switch Lite is pretty much a PSP / Vita.

and its amazing!

I mean hell its not like Sony is making another one. At least someone is

That said I am still waiting for all the features that Vita had to be added to the switch OS

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I think it's funny it's still called Switch when it can't actually.....switch. I know why it's still called that as it would make no marketing sense to change it but still...funny.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Those weren't named Switch. Guess the Not-Switch is good for the kids they're targeting.

X box isn't shaped like a Cross or X (anymore) so a Switch that doesn't switch is no big deal. Some of you people really try to come up with the most convoluted negative points, don't you?

You guys want them to go back to naming things like they did with Wii U?!

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
Price point in Canada is still too high at 260$ but it's a good start Nintendo.

Last edited:

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Looks great in concept but I've already expressed my #1 concern: the analog drifting issue.

Whereas with the detachable Joy-cons one could buy replacements on the cheap on Amazon, or ship them back to Nintendo to get them fixed/replaced while keeping the Screen/Console at home, you would now be looking at an unplayable console that drifts and all you can do is take the whole thing apart, potentially damaging the unit, or shipping the whole thing back to Nintendo which has other implications, such as having to get a replacement without your saves, not to mention you wouldn't have a console to play on for a while.

Just use Electronic contact cleaner.
Drifting is obviously an issue but it can easily be fixed by a 8€ can you can find in any DIY store.
No need to buy a new joy con

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Lame.

My most desired feature is a smaller console, as the existing one is too big for a handheld, but they just threw out it's best selling point: being a console/ handheld hybrid.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Does it have rumble at all? Not that I really care. The cuts made are good and features unneeded by most people I'd say.

It's cute, I may get one for the gf. I already have a Switch so this is a bit of a downgrade. Interested to see how the pro model plays out. Also interesting that the price in Canada is $260 and not $10 less.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Lite is now the configuration/features that software will be developed for- not local multiplayer with the joycons. That's over.

The original configuration/features will be a novelty in the big picture of what the Switch is going forward.
Until the Switch Pro releases that will have joycons and HD rumble and more features than the original Switch? Um ok, I guess?