• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I am capable of understanding the size of things, comparing them to other things and looking at what the Switch firmware reveals about the Lite, partial support for which has been present since 5.0. So, yeah.

The numbers don't make sense for the system to have a radically different cooling system. The system is smaller in a 'screen is smaller' way and a 'the enormous joycons and associated rails are removed' way, but it's not dramatically thinner.

So you just make guesses...cool.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
I know this device is more the younger kids and people who wanted a smaller form factor and price point, $200 to play games like Breath of the Wild, DOOM, Skyrim, Mario Odyssey, and some of the other good third party ports portably is a very compelling argument for gamers who were on the fence about the Switch. You simply aren't getting this level of gaming performance and library out of a tablet or cell phone for gaming purposes. The MSRP for the base model PS4 Slim/Xbox One S is still $50-$100 more than this. There's a ton of value in a SKU like this as those console simply aren't portable.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
They should've kept the joycons and tv-mode, that's the whole point of the switch, but I can see how this is made for a younger audience that will mostly play Pokemon on it.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory platform warring; numerous accumulated infractions for similar behavior.
Little Nincels continue being an embarrassment

Y'all wanted a portable only switch and now you got one but now you want it to be exactly the same as the original switch that launched back in 2017?

I have to laugh!

dY6N6Wk.gif

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Gamepro keeps a $200 trade in value through tomorrow I'm real tempted to trade it in and replace it with a lite in 2 months. Not really playing anything on it right now anyway and I 100% want the lite over an OG but can't justify dropping $200 to have both.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I know others have said it, but this really is going to be a sick Pokemon machine for a lot of kids come the holidays.

I cannot imagine having something like this at 12 years old

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I hope they fixed their analogue sticks because getting stick drift on this would suck seeing as how you can't detach the controllers. It would mean sending in your whole unit just to get that fixed.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I was so wrong, I was so sure that they would preserve the docking capability.

The "Swont" is real I guess

"Swont" Lmao haha, but really... I get the desire to release a cheaper, dedicated handheld device, but I wonder what the reasoning was in removing docking compatibility? The only thing I can think of would be to minimize costs. I guess this is really aimed at dorm students without a TV, and parents who need to keep children occupied on car trips and plane flights.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Little Nincels continue being an embarrassment

Y'all wanted a portable only switch and now you got one but now you want it to be exactly the same as the original switch that launched back in 2017?

I have to laugh!
I'm not someone who's complaining but... "Nincels"? Really? Do you drop "Sonypony" in other threads too?

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, part of why I like my Switch so much is the handheld or docked choice so taking away that feature makes this kinda unappealing to me personally.

I'm sure it will sell well though.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
This is the thread where we will complain about something that was not intended for us I see. Hopefully, the pro comes out this year as well.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will be more comfortable to hold than the regular Switch by just being a bit smaller/lighter, it's still flat on the back.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They should've kept the joycons and tv-mode, that's the whole point of the switch, but I can see how this is made for a younger audience that will mostly play Pokemon on it.
But they already have that. It's the Switch lol. This is their dedicated handheld line. A market Nintendo has owned for more than 30 years. They were not giving up on it.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I would be interested since I would only ever use the device in handheld mode, but all the talk of res / performance drops in handheld mode are a turnoff.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Nintendo should stop incorporating the feature "gimmick" into the product name then later on removing that feature..

3DS that doesn't have 3D
Switch that doesn't switch

I like the yellow one.. might be time to get one this Christmas ready for AC.

Oct 28, 2017
Ice White bundle for Smash Ultimate
Forest Green Bundle for Animal Crossing

Paying $200 for the "privilege" of having the Wii U 2. You're a crazy bastard, Stop. I like it.

Im not even joking. I would pay to have the Wii U GamePad compatible with the switch however, if the Dpad on the Lite is formidable and thw weight feels good, it might also be the perfect controller.

univbee

Oct 25, 2017
Would I be correct that this wouldn't give you cross-save or cross-buy with a normal switch? You would need a single "dedicated" switch and if you wanted a digital title on both you'd have to pay twice, and couldn't readily play on your main switch and continue on your Switch Lite on-the-go (or vice versa)?

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think some of you guys complaining about not being dockable and not having removable joycons (etc) are sort of missing the point of the product.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
If I didn't have a Switch already and had no interest in console/hybrid gaming, I'd get this in a heartbeat. Otherwise, kinda destroys the point of the system.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
The two indents are really weird, yes. Maybe for protection case.
I already have a switch and the lite is perfect for my GF. But she wants to be able to play Pokemon on TV if she wants, and there is no easy solution to do it.
The save system is really a problem every time you need it.

Probably just for placing it on existing stands for tabletop play.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that has CTR on Switch, you won't be able to play 4 player split-screen on this. You can only play it in docked mode.