• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
French journalist from Gameblog has witnessed a mild case of left joystick drift during his short time with the Switch Lite....

Oh boy...

(Video in French. Around 4:33. Short instances of joystick drift, a couple of times. EDIT: He adds that it's a debug unit. But still...)

This is worrying me a bit, as I was planning on getting a Lite model, by the time Animal Crossing ships.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Do the cloud saves automatically upload when you're done playing or do you have to do it manually to make sure it syncs before you start playing on the other system (and risk one overwriting the other)?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want someone who has one to hookup a USB-C to HDMI dongle and connect it to a TV> Nintendo said no TV out with their dock, I could be completely mistaken, but I thought a USB-C standard was to do video out. If for some freaky reason, it actually displays video using an adapter, I will trade in my Switch and get this. I want the portability of this but be able to dock when I'm home. That would be the best case for me. If it doesn't do any video out, would that be a modified USB-C in this thing to purposely not follow standards (If that is a standard for USB-C to begin with).
the Switch's video out is pretty nonstandard. there's a hardware passthrough that's necessary. if Nintendo removed that, there's no video out

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
French journalist from Gameblog has witnessed a mild case of left joystick drift during his short time with the Switch Lite....

Oh boy...

(Video in French. Around 4:33. Short instances of joystick drift, very few times, but still...)

This is worrying me a bit, as I was planning on getting a Lite model, by the time Animal Crossing ships.

Contact Cleaner at the ready!

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

Oh boy...

(Video in French. Around 4:33. Short instances of joystick drift, a couple of times. EDIT: He adds that it's a debug unit. But still...)

Lmao, Minecraft gonna be fun. I love falling into lava because my left joystick is fucked.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Oh boy...

AAAAAAAnd my desire to buy one just plummeted. Let's see how the retail units fare over time.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt that this is the same joystick drift that we have seen with the regular Switch, because that mostly occured after quite some time when the sensors got dirt on them. Imo it's more likely that this is a calibration issue or something like that, which could be fixed by simply doing a new calibration.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd really love one of these, but I wish cloud saves and game sharing didn't seem like such a pain in the ass.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I doubt that this is the same joystick drift that we have seen with the regular Switch, because that mostly occured after quite some time when the sensors got dirt on them. Imo it's more likely that this is a calibration issue or something like that, which could be fixed by simply doing a new calibration.
Garrus.png

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
So no HD rumble = no vibration at all, right? I'm a little disappointed for one reason, and one reason alone: FFVIII trigger attacks. The vibration you feel on nailing one is so satisfying, and I worry it won't be so on the Lite compared to on my OG.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019

Oh boy...

if this ends up being a major issue it should be solved by the time animal crossing comes out. unlike the joycons, this would be a problem nintendo would not be able to ignore.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So no HD rumble = no vibration at all, right? I'm a little disappointed for one reason, and one reason alone: FFVIII trigger attacks. The vibration you feel on nailing one is so satisfying, and I worry it won't be so on the Lite compared to on my OG.
I mean, that's the good thing about it, if you choose to also keep the OG. You always have the option to play it there, or play with Joy-Con on the Lite.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem isn't simply that not all games have Cloud Saves, it's the fact that some of the most popular titles on the system don't support them.

It seems Link's Awakening is now one of them. (Edit: apparently it does) Personally, I'm more concerned with a game like Animal Crossing where one plays every days for months.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The problem isn't simply that not all games have Cloud Saves, it's the fact that some of the most popular titles on the system don't support them.

It seems Link's Awakening is now one of them. Personally, I'm more concerned with a game like Animal Crossing where one plays every days for months.

Link's Awakening does support cloud saves. The EU listing didn't say that because it hadn't been updated but the NA and JP listings say it does support cloud saves.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

It seems Link's Awakening is now one of them. (Edit: apparently it does) Personally, I'm more concerned with a game like Animal Crossing where one plays every days for months.

But as stated earlier, you can transfer the save over, it just won't keep the save on two different devices. Not ideal, but still doable if you really want to switch.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Here's my impressions of the Switch Lite, over on USgamer.

Lots of pictures too, like so:

The one thing I wanted to know and couldn't find picture about is how does it fit in a pocket, and now, I know it, thanks for the additional pictures. 😁

Does it still feel to heavy to be in a pocket, or is it okay according to you?

I will still need to hold it in my hand to see if it fits my need for a portable only Switch, but I'm really interested to switch from my old one to the Lite model. ^^

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone makes a good folio case for this thing. All the ones available for the OG Switch kinda suck in one way or another.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I was looking into the Switch Lite today, I was reading about the normal Switch and Joycon drift?

People were saying that if the Switch Lite has this issue also that it will be hard to fix as the Joycon's cannot be swapped out.

What is the news on this being fixed or an issue on the Lite?

I am thinking of getting a Lite but Christmas time if there are any deals on.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We'll know by Christmas but it's safe to guess that Nintendo have fixed the problem for consoles going forward and have a "fix for free" policy for owners of consoles released prior to then. Owners of the new Switch model that released earlier this month have confirmed that the joycons are using different sticks
Wait, it's confirmed that the sticks are different?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Welp, I might just save a couple hundred dollars then lolz.

You can very easily transfer save from any game to any Switch system at any time. The link to the process has been posted several times in this thread and is even quoted on this page.

It takes like less than a minute to lookup "Switch save transfer" on Nintendo's support website

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope that Nintendo solves the joy-con issue, the quality control of its products has been very disappointing.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing I wanted to know and couldn't find picture about is how does it fit in a pocket, and now, I know it, thanks for the additional pictures. 😁

Does it still feel to heavy to be in a pocket, or is it okay according to you?

I will still need to hold it in my hand to see if it fits my need for a portable only Switch, but I'm really interested to switch from my old one to the Lite model. ^^

It fit in my pocket, but I wouldn't for two reasons. One, it's a big and unwieldy in there. Two, the analog sticks don't compress, so they're sticking out the whole time.

That said, perhaps with a thin case, I could see myself throwing it in a pocket.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
'Doesn't dock'. But has anyone previewing it tried a third party dock? I'm curious as to if Nintendo just doesn't really want you to do is because it doesn't fit nicely into the official dock, or because the hardware actually locks out the function.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
'Doesn't dock'. But has anyone previewing it tried a third party dock? I'm curious as to if Nintendo just doesn't really want you to do is because it doesn't fit nicely into the official dock, or because the hardware actually locks out the function.
Nintendo said the port doesn't even send audio or video out anymore, so no dock is going to magically make it happen.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I got a screen protector for this thing, I really want to get a nice slim case but I can't seem to find one. I am looking for something like this but for the Switch Lite. Anyone got any suggestions?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still undecided. I'm leaning toward the Lite as I want the d-pad and would only personally use it in handheld mode, but my four year old loves multiplayer (plays MP Smash/Kart at other relatives' homes).