• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Now that I got a screen protector for this thing, I really want to get a nice slim case but I can't seem to find one. I am looking for something like this but for the Switch Lite. Anyone got any suggestions?
At least in Europe, there's an official slim case by Hori (the Japanese MyNintendo Store has it in three different colors, to match the consoles)

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really want someone who has one to hookup a USB-C to HDMI dongle and connect it to a TV> Nintendo said no TV out with their dock, I could be completely mistaken, but I thought a USB-C standard was to do video out. If for some freaky reason, it actually displays video using an adapter, I will trade in my Switch and get this. I want the portability of this but be able to dock when I'm home. That would be the best case for me. If it doesn't do any video out, would that be a modified USB-C in this thing to purposely not follow standards (If that is a standard for USB-C to begin with).

That's not how standards work. There's no requirement that every device with a USB-C port support video out. The standard simply defines a way for devices that do want to provide video out over USB-C/3.x to do so in a compatible way.

The vast majority (>99.9%) of USB-C compliant devices do not provide video out.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
That's not how standards work. There's no requirement that every device with a USB-C port support video out. The standard simply defines a way for devices that do want to provide video out over USB-C/3.x to do so in a compatible way.

The vast majority (>99.9%) of USB-C compliant devices do not provide video out.
Ah, ok. So that's a choice they'd make. I'm still curious because of their wording. I think they said it's not compatible with TV out with the Nintendo Switch dock. Still would love to see a test, just to 100% confirm it for me.

Thanks for the clarification.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to put a pre-order in for yellow on ShopTo, though I'm just wondering if by delaying payment it means the payment isn't taken from my account or pending until dispatch? I need to get a bit of money together first but I want to get a pre-order in now in case there are shortages.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I'm tempted to put a pre-order in for yellow on ShopTo, though I'm just wondering if by delaying payment it means the payment isn't taken from my account or pending until dispatch? I need to get a bit of money together first but I want to get a pre-order in now in case there are shortages.
That's correct.

I opted to pay now, but you can just allow it to charge you upon dispatch if you prefer (you can still pay fully anytime you want, though)

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered the turquoise Switch Lite and now after watching all these videos I think I'm starting to like the yellow more. Only problem is that I've used the $15 twice prime discount and can't get it back :(

Oh well, I guess I'll just get a yellow case for it.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
That's correct.

I opted to pay now, but you can just allow it to charge you upon dispatch if you prefer (you can still pay fully anytime you want, though)

Okay great, thanks.

Still thinking about whether or not I definitely want to get it. £187 seems like a lot all things considered, and it's not like I find my current Switch uncomfortable (in fact it's very comfortable).

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Okay great, thanks.

Still thinking about whether or not I definitely want to get it. £187 seems like a lot all things considered, and it's not like I find my current Switch uncomfortable (in fact it's very comfortable).
Don't go for it then!

To me it sounds like you just want the new shiny thing, sleep on it multiple times and really consider if it's for you.

Can always buy it after launch, u appreciate the £187 price might not be there at launch but it's better to be sure.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Don't go for it then!

To me it sounds like you just want the new shiny thing, sleep on it multiple times and really consider if it's for you.

Can always buy it after launch, u appreciate the £187 price might not be there at launch but it's better to be sure.

Yeah it's more a case of wanting a new Switch I think. I may sell my launch unit for a revised standard one, so I at least have a fresh console that can do the same things.

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
This question has probably been answered but how does Nintendo plan to handle save files transferring from the original switch to the lite.
My son and I have been using the same switch with different profiles thus far and I am thinking of just getting a lite for myself since I never use it docked anyway.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This question has probably been answered but how does Nintendo plan to handle save files transferring from the original switch to the lite.
My son and I have been using the same switch with different profiles thus far and I am thinking of just getting a lite for myself since I never use it docked anyway.

You can transfer your entire profile and save files to the new switch, if you want. You can also transfer individual saves.

ekurisona

Jan 10, 2018
sl1.original.jpg

sl4.original.jpg

sl7.original.jpg

sl2.original.jpg

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
You were already answered but I'd just like to point out that profile/game save transfers will wipe the save from the source Switch. That doesn't sound like a big deal for you since you don't play docked, however.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, ok. So that's a choice they'd make. I'm still curious because of their wording. I think they said it's not compatible with TV out with the Nintendo Switch dock. Still would love to see a test, just to 100% confirm it for me.

Thanks for the clarification.

From the people making the stealth dock. Most of us are expecting the necessary chip to be excluded to cut costs, since it's not officially supported anyway.

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
You were already answered but I'd just like to point out that profile/game save transfers will wipe the save from the source Switch. That doesn't sound like a big deal for you since you don't play docked, however.
So I assume if I ever decided to go back to the original console or my son decides he wants the lite it will just keep switching back and forth and deleting from the previous switch?

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
So I assume if I ever decided to go back to the original console or my son decides he wants the lite it will just keep switching back and forth and deleting from the previous switch?
Correct, there's no limit like there was on 3DS transfers, so it's just a minor inconvenience. Additionally, if you have an NSO subscription, all save data for games that support cloud saves can be kept on both consoles automatically.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Funny, I was planning to do this with the new regular Switch but I just found the joy of combining Joy Cons so I bought the Switch with neon colours and got myself the Mario and Splatoon ones. I just feel like a skin would limit myself to just one colour (and there's also the peril of screwing up when applying it).

Can't wait for the purple/orange combo.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
When BOTW 2 drops I will get one to augment my launch day Switch. Don't play it enough at the moment to justify a 2nd model.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for what might be a stupid question, but can you use the same Nintendo account on more than one Switch?

So if I did decide to buy a Lite which I would use mainly for travelling, or if I'd prefer to play a game in handheld mode, I could still get the gold coins for the account I already have set up?

And also when buying a game digitally, can that then be downloaded onto both consoles if I wanted?

Thanks!

May 30, 2018
just sitting here with my switch lite grip case and switch lite tempered glass screen protector 20 days out from my switch lite preorder like a very normal person

BH4BPGd.jpg

Verder

Oct 28, 2017
Funny, I was planning to do this with the new regular Switch but I just found the joy of combining Joy Cons so I bought the Switch with neon colours and got myself the Mario and Splatoon ones. I just feel like a skin would limit myself to just one colour (and there's also the peril of screwing up when applying it).

Can't wait for the purple/orange combo.

Trueeeee
And the cool thing about the lite is I feel we will receive more colors of it before we even receive a regular switch color swap.

Oct 27, 2017

From the people making the stealth dock. Most of us are expecting the necessary chip to be excluded to cut costs, since it's not officially supported anyway.
I wonder how much that actually saves them. Has to be tiny.

No TV out is a baffling decision since they could make bank selling an extra $100-$130 Lite dock that fits all models and maybe bundle with a controller for lite owners.

Brichfield

Oct 25, 2017
Soo thinking about picking this thing up as a portable animal crossing player. There's no way in hell that'll support cloud saves to go back and forth between a reg. switch and a lite right?

I remember New Leaf didn't let you back up your save so hoping it won't be the same here. 🙏

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's Amazon pre-order saying release date unknown? Hoping it'll come on the same day as release!

Soo thinking about picking this thing up as a portable animal crossing player. There's no way in hell that'll support cloud saves to go back and forth between a reg. switch and a lite right?

I remember New Leaf didn't let you back up your save so hoping it won't be the same here. 🙏

Nintendo already stated that Animal Crossing will not support cloud saves :(

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
French journalist from Gameblog has witnessed a mild case of left joystick drift during his short time with the Switch Lite....

Oh boy...

(Video in French. Around 4:33. Short instances of joystick drift, a couple of times. EDIT: He adds that it's a debug unit. But still...)

This is worrying me a bit, as I was planning on getting a Lite model, by the time Animal Crossing ships.

People will call me a party pooper but I would really advise not to buy this thing at launch and wait until it is clear that the sticks are not the same as the regular switch.

Mandikiri

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Boston, MA.
Apologies for what might be a stupid question, but can you use the same Nintendo account on more than one Switch?

So if I did decide to buy a Lite which I would use mainly for travelling, or if I'd prefer to play a game in handheld mode, I could still get the gold coins for the account I already have set up?

And also when buying a game digitally, can that then be downloaded onto both consoles if I wanted?

Thanks!

I actually would love to know the answer for this as well. I think I may have remembered reading you can put your profile, but one of the system will have to re-connect online every 3 hours or so. I could be wrong on this, hopefully someone could give you a better answer.

Lumines

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!

Yes to all of those. A friend of mine uses my account and has access to my entire library. I had to create a second user on my console though if I wanted to play at the same time, or play a game with them online. I just keep the primary one for purchases now.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Yes to all of those. A friend of mine uses my account and has access to my entire library. I had to create a second user on my console though if I wanted to play at the same time, or play a game with them online. I just keep the primary one for purchases now.

Thanks for the reply.

This makes buying a Lite a lot more tempting..

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Yeah I'm doing this with a friend, I just have to use my phone hotspot to access my games, his console is set as my primary, my console is set as his primary. We both share the games we buy.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

What about pre-ordering from the official Nintendo U.K. store? They guarantee that they won't charge the money until dispatch.
The Pokemon Switch Lite is up for pre-order there too.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
I actually would love to know the answer for this as well. I think I may have remembered reading you can put your profile, but one of the system will have to re-connect online every 3 hours or so. I could be wrong on this, hopefully someone could give you a better answer.

You have one primary Switch. Any games you buy digitally can be played by any other accounts on the primary Switch.

Any other Switches are secondary. You can download all your games onto secondary Switches, but only the account that purchased them can play them, and importantly, you need a permanent internet connection.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like the Pokemon color scheme the best, but wish the Pokemon weren't actually etched in the back. Oh well.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Feb 10, 2018
I preordered this on Amazon.co.jp
Doesn't release until the beginning of November which is a shame but it'll be worth it I hope. This is exactly the kind of cover case I want.

It what I want to, but $34 or £28 seems very expensive for, it looks like a rubber or plastic case like smartphones have but with material covering it, should be $20/£15 max

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I'd pay 30-40 for that. I love that you play the Switch in the case. No need for an additional grip case.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Hm, I'm having second thoughts about the display size. I watched a few videos on my phone (S8+), which displays 16:9 videos with 5.5 inch diagonally. And while 2D games seem fine, stuff like Zelda: Breath of the Wild seems a bit small tbh (and not just the text).