• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
They've really recovered since the shitty Wii U colored cubes dubstep ad.

Which is funny, because the Wii's initial advertising was really good ("Wii would like to play").

I can't say "Wii would like to play" ever made me want to buy a Wii as a kid, but it definitely stuck in my head. Most Wii U advertisements completely bounced off of me.

Switch advertisements, on the other hand, are concentrated fun. Catchy songs, quirky immersion, and lots of action and familiar environments instead of just a blatant "I'm posing unnaturally for a video game advertisement" position from the actors often paired with a blank void that the ad you posted is a pretty on the nose example of.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I hope the inclusion of FIFA will result in higher sales for that game. It is actually really good and i hope it sells enough on the switch to justify switch versions of madden and NBA

Good commercial. There are young kids that will get a switch with Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW and Mario Kart as their first console this Christmas... Kid me would flip out

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This ad is garbage, the only way Bowser could be in that car would be by sitting in the trunk with no seatbelt. Totally inappropriate for a family friendly company to promote such dangerous driving practices.

It's another great ad. While not memorable like some past campaigns, the Switch ads so far have done a great job of showing all the different things the system can do and seem to differentiate the system well from the other consoles on the market

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Pokken had it's chance. Xeno should take its spot

(Pokken did the the best game-to-life scene though)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
How much do I have to pay for a system that has Bowser cheer me on from the back of my car.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
I was kinda hoping for Bowser to be in his outfit from Odyssey. Regardless, that was a solid advertisement. It helps that the Switch is an inherently appealing product (It isn't hard to sell). In contrast, The Wii U looked like a Fisher Price toy.

Oct 25, 2017
They've really recovered since the shitty Wii U colored cubes dubstep ad.

Which is funny, because the Wii's initial advertising was really good ("Wii would like to play").

The worst part is that it looks pretty expensive/well made...it's just kind of terrible.
Dont' think Wii U ever got a good slogan. "How U will play next" doesn't really work