• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update (6.1.0)

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
It's been less than a month since the latest Firmware update, but guess it's already time for another update for the Switch.

Sadly, nothing too exciting...

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
  • Resolved an issue where certain games don’t recognize a Nintendo Switch Online membership for a short time after purchase
Looks like there's also a controller update.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/p/897

May 8, 2018
That was easy. Turned my switch on. Updated in less than 30 seconds. Updated controllers and Pro controller and bam. less than 2 minutes all said and done.

May 8, 2018
A new partnership to solve the space issue with using carts, Sony bringing UMD2 to the Switch.
You know what. People joke but man if Nintendo and Sony teamed up that would be one hell of a combination. Let Sony handle the hardware and Nintendo focus on just making their games. It would be glorious. Never happen but man it would be amazing.

Oct 28, 2017
You know what. People joke but man if Nintendo and Sony teamed up that would be one hell of a combination. Let Sony handle the hardware and Nintendo focus on just making their games. It would be glorious. Never happen but man it would be amazing.
........ u know the tales of playstation right lol.^_^

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, one of my joycons still fails to update, even when paired to another Switch. Gets stuck on 1% and the update fails. Anyone else have this problem?

It only sucks cause everytime I go to the home page it'll ask me to try to update.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Two companies with almost completely opposite business strategies teaming up would be one hell of a combination alright.

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Sony's hardware has never been anything special, they offer very little by being the 'hardware side' apart from being willing to lost billions to gain market share. Nintendo's consoles were more powerful than Sony's for the first two generations they competed. Sony's only true bleeding edge console ever was PS3 and it was a disaster to develop for. Their latest is just a laptop CPU PC in a large black box.

Oct 25, 2017
Last time they tried to partner they found a way to screw each other but sure lets try again

Oct 28, 2017
Sony's hardware has never been anything special, they offer very little by being the 'hardware side' apart from being willing to lost billions to gain market share. Nintendo's consoles were more powerful than Sony's for the first two generations they competed. Sony's only true bleeding edge console ever was PS3 and it was a disaster to develop for. Their latest is just a laptop CPU PC in a large black box.
..... the PSP was the future, years ahead of what Nintendo had out. It was dark magic.
Same for the Vita but only because the 3DS was so ancient compared to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
..... the PSP was the future, years ahead of what Nintendo had out. It was dark magic.
Same for the Vita but only because the 3DS was so ancient compared to it.
PSP was indeed Sony's other cutting edge hardware along with PS3 - but if we're talking handheld, Sony could not top the Switch. The Switch is more cutting edge than PSP was for time of release.

And ironically for this argument, the PSP was extremely hamstrung by Sony's hardware idiocy - using optical discs and memory sticks primarily because Sony was trying to push two more formats instead of actually providing the best hardware for the job of being a handheld console.

Oct 26, 2018
Wow, it's a good news, So where CFW can work on it? SX OS? ReiNX ? or Atmosphere? I got the the inforamtion form 3DS-Flashcard site, they recommend me SX OS.

Oct 26, 2017
You should probably read up on how PlayStation was started

Oct 26, 2017
There is sure big problem with the joy con, that Nintendo often need to update them, why i need to update them several times if there is no problem? To prevent 3rd party controllers? The Pro controller don't gets that many updates.