• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
It's been less than a month since the latest Firmware update, but guess it's already time for another update for the Switch.

Sadly, nothing too exciting...

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
  • Resolved an issue where certain games don't recognize a Nintendo Switch Online membership for a short time after purchase

Looks like there's also a controller update.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/p/897

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
CbOR2Ey.jpg

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, I also had an update to both the left and right joy-cons after the system update.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
What do the joycon updates do? Like why does Xbox or PlayStation never ask you to update your controller?

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
What was the most substantial new feature added in any of the updates because I honestly can't think of anything truly outstanding.

May 8, 2018
That was easy. Turned my switch on. Updated in less than 30 seconds. Updated controllers and Pro controller and bam. less than 2 minutes all said and done.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what. People joke but man if Nintendo and Sony teamed up that would be one hell of a combination. Let Sony handle the hardware and Nintendo focus on just making their games. It would be glorious. Never happen but man it would be amazing.

........ u know the tales of playstation right lol.^_^

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, one of my joycons still fails to update, even when paired to another Switch. Gets stuck on 1% and the update fails. Anyone else have this problem?

It only sucks cause everytime I go to the home page it'll ask me to try to update.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You know what. People joke but man if Nintendo and Sony teamed up that would be one hell of a combination. Let Sony handle the hardware and Nintendo focus on just making their games. It would be glorious. Never happen but man it would be amazing.
Two companies with almost completely opposite business strategies teaming up would be one hell of a combination alright.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Sony's hardware has never been anything special, they offer very little by being the 'hardware side' apart from being willing to lost billions to gain market share. Nintendo's consoles were more powerful than Sony's for the first two generations they competed. Sony's only true bleeding edge console ever was PS3 and it was a disaster to develop for. Their latest is just a laptop CPU PC in a large black box.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

Last time they tried to partner they found a way to screw each other but sure lets try again

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony's hardware has never been anything special, they offer very little by being the 'hardware side' apart from being willing to lost billions to gain market share. Nintendo's consoles were more powerful than Sony's for the first two generations they competed. Sony's only true bleeding edge console ever was PS3 and it was a disaster to develop for. Their latest is just a laptop CPU PC in a large black box.

..... the PSP was the future, years ahead of what Nintendo had out. It was dark magic.
Same for the Vita but only because the 3DS was so ancient compared to it.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
..... the PSP was the future, years ahead of what Nintendo had out. It was dark magic.
Same for the Vita but only because the 3DS was so ancient compared to it.
PSP was indeed Sony's other cutting edge hardware along with PS3 - but if we're talking handheld, Sony could not top the Switch. The Switch is more cutting edge than PSP was for time of release.

And ironically for this argument, the PSP was extremely hamstrung by Sony's hardware idiocy - using optical discs and memory sticks primarily because Sony was trying to push two more formats instead of actually providing the best hardware for the job of being a handheld console.

SadPaul

Oct 26, 2018
Wow, it's a good news, So where CFW can work on it? SX OS? ReiNX ? or Atmosphere? I got the the inforamtion form 3DS-Flashcard site, they recommend me SX OS.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You should probably read up on how PlayStation was started

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
There is sure big problem with the joy con, that Nintendo often need to update them, why i need to update them several times if there is no problem? To prevent 3rd party controllers? The Pro controller don't gets that many updates.