• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Looks like a new Firmware update is now live for the Nintendo Switch is now live. It's Ver. 9.1.0. No controller update this time around.

Patch notes:

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following
  • Resolved an issue where the color animation was not displaying correctly when attaching a Joy-Con controller to the Nintendo Switch console.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
My life feels more stable because of this thanks Nintendo.

OP
OP
Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Patch notes:
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following
    • Resolved an issue where the color animation was not displaying correctly when attaching a Joy-Con controller to the Nintendo Switch console.
Excite.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
They fixed the colours of the animations that play when attaching Joy-Cons!!! Thank you Reggie

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Is stability industry jargon for disabling homebrew?

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Patch notes:
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following
Excite.

Let there be blue!

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Now if they could fix my left Joycon randomly disconnecting from the Switch during handheld play, that'd be great.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Glad they fixed the Joy-Con color animation. With no music, themes, or even badges to speak of, it was a real bummer to lose out on that little bit of character and charm the Switch OS possessed.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'm still waiting on themes. Why we got to wait until damn near the end of a system's life to get themes??

I don't think it will ever get themes or music or anything like that, the Switch interface is designed to be clean and simple so you spend as little time as possible in it and go straight to the games.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Someday we'll get a better activity log. Someday.

And folders, and themes. Jesus lord.

I don't think it will ever get themes or music or anything like that, the Switch interface is designed to be clean and simple so you spend as little time as possible in it and go straight to the games.

It already has themes. Black and white. Adding more colors or themes from games really isn't going to affect performance.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Now if they could fix my left Joycon randomly disconnecting from the Switch during handheld play, that'd be great.
Oh fuck, someone else besides me got that?

My condolences, because unlike drifting that can be mitigated with a contact cleaner, that is unsolvable shit that forced me to buy new ones. I think it's down to a connector getting busted or something. How bad is it? Mine got to the point where it disconnected at the slightest nudge and handheld mode became unplayable after a while.

Maybe there is a some advanced DIY guide somewhere, but I can't imagine it being anything other than a big hassle.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Oh damn, I thought the joycon color thing was intentional.
Glad they fixed it. Gonna try it with my mario red joycons :P