• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 10, 2018
Spotmini-dance.gif

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Meh but we still can't make the all software screen the default?
That what I originally thought the feature allowed us to do with this update and that the Zoom would be how big the icons were and how many icons it would show on the screen like the 3DS (still the best OS in that regard).

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Save data transfer is transferring data from one Switch to another. It's not analogous to the cloud backup and once it's transferred, it's gone from the source Switch.
It's better than having no way to do this without an online sub unless you wipe your user data on a destination system.

I kept my wife's BotW save on my system for ages because moving it would have nuked her Splatoon 2 save data

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
That what I originally thought the feature allowed us to do with this update and that the Zoom would be how big the icons were and how many icons it would show on the screen like the 3DS (still the best OS in that regard).
I wish
I want to flaunt all my beautiful icons
The zoom is kinda neat though

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one gonna mention the VR mode that was just added? That seems pretty crazy. Is it just for OS stuff? Can I view the store in VR?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, some nice plump updates

Also that save data transfer between systems....HMMM?!?!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
They didn't even mention the best QoL change: pressing right on the "All Software" icon now loops back around to the first icon on the menu. I don't remember that being a thing before (and I hope it wasn't, because that would make me look bad).

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just reading the patch notes, but it seems like it's just a parental controls option to restrict VR usage globally.
It makes sense since we are getting Mario and Zelda compatibility, but I wonder if this is a sign that more game compatibility is coming soon.

After all, a VR mode was discovered in the Switch firmware update code back in 2017 and a VR test mode was discovered last year. That may mean that developers have had access to adding VR support for a while now.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
That save data transfer thing is interesting. Could make it viable to actually have multiple active Switches. My desire for a powerful TV-only Switch is rising again.

Sorting all software is something, I guess, but I really still could use folders.
No one gonna mention the VR mode that was just added? That seems pretty crazy. Is it just for OS stuff? Can I view the store in VR?
That's been there for a while. Labo VR already uses it. The new bit is just system-wide parental controls since more than just Labo VR (which has it's own toggle) is going to be using it soon.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Nice, the sorting ability is an excellent addition.

Out of curiosity, have any of the controller updates ever been verified to actually do anything to improve the end user's experience with them, or is it just strictly "stability"?

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So... if the playtimes are being recorded, why can't they give us an activity log like all previous consoles!?!?

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Save transfers finally, not gonna lose my Splatoon 2 data upon system transfers. Still can't believe they don't have themes yet, where are the themes Nintendo. I wanna stylize my Switch home screen.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Save transfers finally, not gonna lose my Splatoon 2 data upon system transfers. Still can't believe they don't have themes yet, where are the themes Nintendo. I wanna stylize my Switch home screen.
It's actually been possible to move save data around for a while (even before cloud saves) it just used to be all or nothing. The new thing is that now you can do it on a per game basis.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Simple QoL features that should've been implemented Day 1 and people are freaking out. Nintendo truly are the Apple of the console world. I'll take'em, but sheesh, Nintendo.