• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Simple QoL features that should've been implemented Day 1 and people are freaking out. Nintendo truly are the Apple of the console world. I'll take'em, but sheesh, Nintendo.
Still has less features than the fucking OG DS

Yeah, all this shit should have been in on launch day. Truly baffled how nobody has really called this out in a Q&A with Nintendo yet since we're two years into launch and we JUST NOW got sorting. Yet still no folders or themes, or fucking background music.

Seriously, the lively nature of the Wii U eShop due to the BGM along with all the categories was why I loved that store so much, but the Switch's eShop manages to be worse than the DSI store. I don't how how Indies even do well on the system when their games are buried forever a week after launch unless they discount it. People say Nintendo did this on purpose and if so then they're boring because music and the clean design was what made the 3DS/Wii U menus/eShop so great.

At the VERY LEAST all of my ACA games can now be sorted properly but still, this is just stupid. Tried the zoom feature since it does have the potential to help with reading tiny text or zooming in for better resolution but the fucking border never goes away no matter how long I play with it zoomed in. Anyone know how to hide it so I can play zoomed in? It DOES go away when I bring up the sleep mode and volume menu so they clearly have some way of hiding it.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Can't access eShop after 8.0.0 update, error 2155-8007. Internet connection is fine. Anyone?

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
My Switch has been sitting and collecting dust for at least 3 months. It probably will stay that way until either pokemon or Zelda come out, whichever is first.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
That sort option for games is an okay start, but I'd still prefer to have folders. They still need a way to have the controller turn off after a period of inactivity and not just the Switch itself.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
So... if the playtimes are being recorded, why can't they give us an activity log like all previous consoles!?!?
LOL you are looking for features on the switch olololololol. You'll get a few new avatars and like it. With the next update nintendo will be taking away features only the white theme will be available.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, software sort and save data transfer. Baby steps, but very welcome new features.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
So uh... sorting by playtime, I have 5 games that are below Cuphead. Oof.

Also, I've played Vroom in the Night Sky for longer than it took me to beat Gorogoa.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The transfer save data could be useful for Pokémon, assuming that Game Freak allows it, as I can trade between from one version to another without having to do some weird three way trade.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Save transfer was a long time coming. Makes sense with the rumors of a new model coming at some point too

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I wish we could remove or separate demos in the redownload section of the eShop. It makes me not want to try demos.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
6d692-falcon_headlock.gif

edit: oh nvm, sorting options! that's nice
What game dis from?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I know folders have become a meme at this point but like, honestly, what is stopping them? The changes to the software sorting show that they realize people want to organize their games. It's sooo weird.

Is custom sorting allowed, or it's just the options that they give you? Out right now and haven't updated.

Last edited:

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Is it just me or did this update slightly increase the lag when transitioning to the home menu while playing a game and vice versa? It seems like these new features actually make the home menu slightly less snappy than before which worries me about what themes might do if Nintendo ever decides to add them. I hope it's just my switch acting up.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I still need Folders and a way to reorder games on the home screen Nintendo, but I'm glad Zoom is a feature now.

It's nice for accessibility reasons and for screen shots

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
So, every time there an Nintendo Switch Online app update there should also be a major system update in about a week, right?

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I guess I should be glad they're taking their time making the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 avatars as good as they can be.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw data transfer and for a second I thought they were going to let us backup our saves without paying a fee. But nah, still holding the saves hostage behind the paywall. Good game, Nintendo, you remain the absolute worst.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Still no Xenoblade 2 icons...
However it seems quite a good update, I am going to download it now

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if the cat-and-mouse game with the homebrew scene is going to start again. Not that it matters in the end.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Every time you want to boot your Switch into custom firmware, you will first need to boot your Switch into RCM mode (Recovery mode).

Usually, when you want to boot into RCM mode (Recovery mode), you will need to insert something into the right Joy-Con rail and push a button combination while booting the system. It can be annoying and a bit cumbersome.

AutoRCM is when you deliberately brick your Switch in a controlled, easily reversible way so that every time you turn the Switch on it goes straight into RCM mode (Recovery mode), without the button combination and without inserting anything into the Joy-Con rail. It is a way to make booting into custom firmware a little easier.

(It should be noted that, thanks to RCM mode, it's extremely hard to permanently brick the system. Even if the brick reports from GBATemp are true, it should be recoverable if you backed up your console. This is also why deliberately bricking the Switch in a controlled way is a viable option.)

Last edited:

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
Zoom function is actually a very nice feature if you want to remove in-game static UI elements off the screen if you have OLEDs.

Too bad i already burned my OLED with TV's own youtube app...

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I mean, it clearly isn't nothing but actually something. Sony has been just as bad with their updates of late.

Is it really? How often are you sitting there staring at the home screen as intensely as the game itself?
It's distracting because it's extremely noticeable and it bothers me