• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
GmHGBur.gif

Switch is now stable ASF

Thanks for causing me to spend 10 minutes researching why chickens can do this

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone try out the zoom feature with the NES app games? Might be able to finally cut off those annoying button commands on the bottom of the screen!

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Can anyone try out the zoom feature with the NES app games? Might be able to finally cut off those annoying button commands on the bottom of the screen!
It doesn't work like that unfortunately. If I checked correctly you can't make the zoom hud dissapear while using it

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You actually can after locking with one press on the home button, at least with nes classics
oops, you're right. i thought it just gives you a static view.

Has anyone noticed or found anything that isn't listed in the patch notes?
in view all games, there's a a button at the bottom that takes you to the redownload section of eshop.
the UI for cloud backup in settings has changed a little

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why it took them so much time to integrate a sorting feautre. I don't know in which code the system is written but in every programming language this is one of the easiest things to do.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. I honestly hated how the switch would wake from sleep when disconnected from the dock/charging.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't know why but i thought maybe by sorting by time played the [shitty] activity log will also show games sorted by time played :(

Yeah good step in the right direction. Most played function helps a ton sorting the games I like the most so
also good to see which games you haven't touched and need to get to, if you have a lot of games

mntorankusu

Nov 13, 2017
Zoom function is actually a very nice feature if you want to remove in-game static UI elements off the screen if you have OLEDs.

Too bad i already burned my OLED with TV's own youtube app...
This doesn't work because the zoom UI doesn't go away while you're playing. It uselessly stays visible, taking up 10% of the screen and burning your oleds.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Activity log at the level of the 3ds still not in. Ninty why

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Transferring data for individual games between systems seems like another hint for new models
Or it could be made to accomodate people who already have several consoles with their accounts on. You already could transfer save data before, but not on a game per game basis.

(Not saying new Switch models aren't coming, it's just that this particular functionality doesn't strike me as confirming them)

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Or it could be made to accomodate people who already have several consoles with their accounts on. You already could transfer save data before, but not on a game per game basis.

(Not saying new Switch models aren't coming, it's just that this particular functionality doesn't strike me as confirming them)
It certainly makes owning multiple Switches more viable, which is something Nintendo might want to encourage with the new revisions coming.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
You can sort by playtime and other things, but still no proper Activity Log or folders. So close!

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Is it just me or did this update slightly increase the lag when transitioning to the home menu while playing a game and vice versa? It seems like these new features actually make the home menu slightly less snappy than before which worries me about what themes might do if Nintendo ever decides to add them. I hope it's just my switch acting up.

If you have zoom in, it's delayed to give you time to double tap.

Biggad

Jul 3, 2018
Anybody knows what the controller update does? Always holding out for some delay reduction for wired pro controllers

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really understand the point of the zoom option but maybe it has something to do with the VR ?
I haven't tried it yet as my Switch is not near me, but this is apparently huge for someone like me. There are some text heavy games where the text is very, very small (e.g. Goetia, and, while I have yet to play it, Vaporum). I really enjoyed Goetia but I had to resort to a magnifying loop for the text bits... (I play only handheld).

And if the Switch Lite will have a smaller screen, this will become even more important for more people.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so chicken necks = human eye muscles

If you're interested in that I'd recommend a few early blogs on vision and VR. They talk about how to cope with humans rapid eye movement. Particularly siccades (spelling).

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I haven't tried it yet as my Switch is not near me, but this is apparently huge for someone like me. There are some text heavy games where the text is very, very small (e.g. Goetia, and, while I have yet to play it, Vaporum). I really enjoyed Goetia but I had to resort to a magnifying loop for the text bits... (I play only handheld).

And if the Switch Lite will have a smaller screen, this will become even more important for more people.
Yeah, many games would become unplayable with a smaller screen and while this feature helps I've been trying it now and it'll be kinda uncomfortable if you have to use it all time to read text, you'd be missing the rest of the screen.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Did they solve the register problem on the Labo VR Kit? The cart cannot be registered for points on MyNintendo for now.
Also, I was expecting Labo VR support for the YouTube app.

Cool update regardless.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Did they solve the register problem on the Labo VR Kit? The cart cannot be registered for points on MyNintendo for now.
Also, I was expecting Labo VR support for the YouTube app.

Cool update regardless.

This post prompted me to check my Labo Variety kit which gave me 60 coins. Sorry I didn't answer your question though!

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, many games would become unplayable with a smaller screen and while this feature helps I've been trying it now and it'll be kinda uncomfortable if you have to use it all time to read text, you'd be missing the rest of the screen.
Well I can't comment on it as I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine it will be far more comfortable than using a magnifying glass in handheld mode, which is what I had to do in a few games.

So, playing Goetia, I would arrive to a text area, look for my magnifying glass (which by now got lost in the bed sheets...), hold the magnifying glass in one hand while holding the Switch in another (or putting the Switch down while using the magnifying glass), rinse and repeat. I'll start playing Vaporum in the coming days , so (from what I've heard about the text size) it will be a great test for this new feature :-)

The way I see it, it is primarily for text heavy games such as RPGs, point and clicks and strategy games where a lot of lore/information is presented in small print, and while reading you don't need to look elsewhere on the screen anyway. And when finished reading a section, just turn it off.

Last edited: