• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Another year, another set of updates. New Firmware update is finally live for the Nintendo Switch, pretty much guaranteed to be Ver. 7.0.0. Download is rather slow, not sure if big or just my connection being slow.

Will add full patch notes as soon as available.

Here it is:

• Select from six new New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe icons for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page > Profile on the top left of the HOME menu
  • Added additional language support to the HOME Menu for Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese
    • To change the language, head to the System Settings > System > Language
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/p/897

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page > Profile on the top left of the HOME menu
  • Added additional language support to the HOME Menu for Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese
tenor.gif

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You release Smash Bros with 70+ characters and instead of basing that game for icons you use Mario Party? Huh. HUUUUUH.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif
They could have at least added a few more icons from different games.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they really did just add NSMBU Deluxe icons?!?! They gotta have more than two people on the firmware team.

Jokes aside, maybe there's something else under the hood dataminers will find.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Ah yes more Mario icons
Where the fuck is my Mythra avatar Nintendo. I can have it in Smash but not on the system?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The reason why this is a major upgrade is because again it reencrypts the whole firmware and tries to fix the bug that allowed homebrew with the previous update. Let's see if it works this time.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I don't know why everyone keeps expecting them to add themes and other things for the Home Screen. The home screen was designed to be as small as possible in data so it loads as fast as it does. I'd love themes sure, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading it right now. Seems like a rather large update for only a few icons and language options?

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I guess this update is a big deal for asian markets, i've heard they started advertising the console in Taiwan recently.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The fact that they still can't give us Xenoblade 2 icons after all of this time sucks.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Language options are nice, but no smash icons, still no folders and no themes. Seriously?

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Still no Xenoblade 2 icons?!? Nintendo needs to implement a "Request icon" function. They're absolutely clueless LOL