1. Muzy

Muzy
    Member OP

No other new features or the remaining NES games have been announced yet, but will update OP if they do!

2. NintenDuvo08

NintenDuvo08

I was hoping they would share more details on it , i hope this is not all it has to offer

3. Anteo

Anteo

Hey i guess i get to play monhun online for a bit!

4. so September 30th lol

5. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member

Questioning why make the tweet if everything they say is just repeating what we already know beside the small second half bit

6. Lyriell

Lyriell

Hope you enjoy your Urban Champ!

7. Was the fact that cloud saves are only limited to compatible games known? That's kind of horse shit.

8. Keyouta

Keyouta

Well, sorry to disappoint but this is probably everything. I mean it'll be launching in a month. My expectations weren't high either but I'm still disappointed.

It's cheap, yes. But I don't pay a subscription on my computer.

9. Jacky127

Jacky127
    Banned Member

damn more waiting

10. Ninjadom

Ninjadom

Friendly reminder that it’s coming.

11. Sagadego17

Sagadego17

aren't there ps4 games that can't cloud saved?

12. Boiled Goose

Boiled Goose

This is worrisome.

If it's not an OS level feature... Yikes

13. Derachi

Derachi

I’m going into the Nintendo Switch Online stuff with the mindset of “I am willing to pay $25 Canadian a year to play Super Mario Bros 3 on my Switch” and considering the rest as a fun bonus haha

14. Wispmetas

Wispmetas

They should just cancel this...it has been delayed so damn much, people have gotten used to not paying for it. I certainly have.

15. Spork4000

Spork4000

Why do I feel like their ashamed of this?

16. ramoisdead

ramoisdead

So dumb. No new features, still touting 20 NES games, and saying cloud saves are for COMPATIBLE games???

Delay the service, Nintendo. I could also go for pulling the plug.

17. wait, did the site always say that it would always be 20 NES games? I could have sworn they always left it up in the air that the 10 remaining games COULD be from another platform.

18. Diddy Kong

Diddy Kong

Lol maybe we'll get SNES games before 2020.

19. Ehoavash

Ehoavash

September 19 ...hep

20. pikachief

pikachief

Its been free so far for online play. They’ll probably keep repeating it so not as many people are shocked when its suddenly behind a paywall.

21. Joule

Joule

Unless I’m enticed by something I don’t see myself buying this until Ultimate

22. Ingueferroque

Ingueferroque

No

23. Denman

Denman

I hope they eventually do SNES games and maybe N64 games.

It took 18 months for NES games, so I'm not holding my breath.

24. Jahranimo

Jahranimo
    Community Resettler Member

Oof

25. Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Yea nah I'm not paying for a Splatoon tax.

26. HeySeuss

HeySeuss

People get all upset but a 25$ a year Netflix style nes library with leaderboards is worth it to me alone.

27. ckareset

ckareset

I cant believe they are using NES games. Come on now, throw us the SNES bone at least

28. NotLiquid

NotLiquid

It was known, and I'm pretty sure most people speculated it's only because of Pokémon

29. Viceratops

Viceratops

I’ve never heard of nor had the experience of not being able to cloud save with any game on PS4.

30. Derrick01

Derrick01

lol they can't even get their infrastructure to support universal cloud saves? Is it 2006? Am I young again?

31. dragonflys545

dragonflys545

Should have been September 2019

32. ohlawd

ohlawd

same

33. ramoisdead

ramoisdead

Same. The only reason why I boot up my Switch every so often is to play Splatoon 2 because it's a great game. However, I am not paying for this service if this is what they have to offer.

34. skittzo0413

skittzo0413

I guess in case they aren't actually able to share anything more before September people won't be very confused?

35. Sebastopa

Sebastopa

The "Growing library" part has me hopeful. I just hope they take the "NES games' part.

36. Jessie

Jessie

I hate that they're holding Virtual Console hostage. It's Year 2 and we still can't play Super Mario World. Crazy.

37. LQX

LQX

Compatible games? What the fuck? Every game should be able to be backed up to the cloud if that is the main selling point of this service.

38. ramoisdead

ramoisdead

Then they would have to raise the price for the service, doncha think? $20 nets you COMPATIBLE games.

Jeez man...

39. billysea

billysea

It's extremely likely it is what they are going to offer. So I found it funny that people were waiting to see when they would have another Direct or more announcements coming.

40. What are you even talking about? It just means devs probably have to do something to enable it
    Like taking screenshots
    Or video capture
    Both OS level features

41. Kolx

Kolx

Compatible games? really? lol

42. Lady Bow

Lady Bow

It was already bad enough they're holding save backups behind a paywall. Now this bullshit on top of it.

43. Sly Chimera

Sly Chimera

I would be fine with never ever playing an NES game ever again. Bring on some SNES and 64 games.

44. Zombine

Zombine

I’m sensing a backfire here. I don’t think this is going to launch how they expect it to, and they will scramble to make it look worthwhile. $20 is a blip on my radar, but I don’t think the attach rate will make this worth it for them.

45. OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard

The service is going to be incredibly successful, regardless of what this forum thinks of it.

46. Narrator:"it was all it had to offer."

47. Cyanity

Cyanity

The fact that you have to hack your switch to enable offline save backups is fucking ridiculous

48. Jessie

Jessie

Success doesn't mean that it will be good.

49. MrCafecito

MrCafecito

Guys, let's wait on the Cloud save thing. Remember they said Gold Points could be used in select digital purchases and it ended up being on every game.
    I think they say this just in case some game doesn't allow it

50. TripaSeca

TripaSeca

I bet Nintendo's takedown on ROM sites is related to how they will implement these games to online.
    I think these takedowns indicate they are going all in with their service.