• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I don't play online games, I'm just interested in the pseudo VC and Nintendo Online subscriber promotions, so yes, there is a lot I don't know.
Then don't buy in yet, because the value in those features isn't likely to be there on day 1 anyway, regardless of what they do or don't announce in the direct.

It's as Camjo said, the main focus and main value of NSO has always been being able to play multiplayer games online. That's the main dish, the rest are sides. It's why they've always referred to the period from system launch up to now as a free trial. In their corporate mind, Nintendo isn't suddenly charging people for what they already had, but finally ending what's been a very long and successful promotional period. Those expecting some magical new details beyond what we already know are, in my opinion, just willingly diving into a bunch of wishful thinking.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
There is absolutely no way Nintendo will expand at a rate of 3-5 a month of free games. They will probably let the 20 games sit until Christmas and we will probably be lucky if they start adding more next year
Yeah, you can be sure they won't add anything to it in 2019, maybe one or 2 NES games.

/s

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So in order to reach parity with the US NES Classic, they need to add:

Castlevania
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Galaga
Kirby's Adventure
Mega Man 2
Pac-Man
Super C
Super Mario Bros 2
Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong Jr
Final Fantasy
Kid Icarus
Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics

There is absolutely no way Nintendo will expand at a rate of 3-5 a month of free games. They will probably let the 20 games sit until Christmas and we will probably be lucky if they start adding more next year

They have literally already announced all of the games being added through the end of 2018.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

October adds Solomon's Key, NES Open Tournament Golf, and Super Dodgeball

November adds Metroid, Mighty Bomb Jack, and Twinbee

December adds Wario's Woods, Ninja Gaiden, and Adventures of Lolo

Last edited: