• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
So is this just a year from when you first played or a year from the game's launch like the weird way my nintendo does it?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait so it's tied to the individual system and not a general thing? So mine will 'reset' in September since that is when I got mine in 2017?

If so I'll be selfish a bit and say this is not an issue lol.

Yet. You've got half a year to sort it Nintendo! :)

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
WTF? This is is going to disappoint me more than it has any right to if this isn't just a bug.

Nintendo, if this is a bug, fix it ASAP and then extend the 20 games limit that show total play times while you're at it! :V

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's just going to roll the last played counter for 10 days and then the played hours will show again.

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I haven't played Breath of the Wild recently, so I think it's a glitch too since I didn't first play it 0 days ago. I think if it was just deleting the play activity it'd just remove it.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Also since it changed to "Played 0 days ago" instead of "Played 0 hours" that means it probably still has all those hours recorded, meaning that if they don't fix it with a patch it's likely it'll go back to showing the amount of hours you had on it after 10 days pass

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain this? I have at least 15 hours on Shantae, then one day a week ago my time got fucked up. I haven't even owned this system for more than 6 months so how did this happen?

DXSgqCkVoAAFpJ4.jpg:large

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is a reason why they took down the review feature from the web eShop. You have to have played a game for 2 hours in order to leave a review, and it would show your play time next to your name.

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
I'm 99% sure this is fixable, I hope with the online services and the app they add better game time recording because the 3ds one was perfect

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this is a reason why they took down the review feature from the web eShop. You have to have played a game for 2 hours in order to leave a review, and it would show your play time next to your name.

That would mean your playtime is getting wiped on the account level in the cloud, right? Since the web version of the eShop would have to know your Switch playtime.

hivycox

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When this goes mainstream it's going to sting. Nintendo has left us with literally zero meta-data on our account but these playtimes. No trophies, no activity list, nothing. Only the amount of time we played. And they even managed to fuck that up.
Mainstream gamer don't care about these things! This reset isn't gonna bother anyone outside gaming forums or journalists

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
If my stats are fucked I'll be beyond pissed

Like, won't even give a shit about playing my switch at that point, I love seeing all my hours recorded

I've got 55 in Zelda, 30 in Minecraft, etc

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, so dumb. I know it's a fairly meaningless stat, but I love checking my playtimes. I wish every game had it. The 3DS Log was so wonderful - wonder why they scrapped it.

Stormkyleis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
"First played 0 days ago" sounds like a bug or a mistranslation. That's just false.

If this is intentional it should be "first played more than a year ago" or something.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
That's Nintendo teaching you to let go, what happened already happened, it doesn't matter, start a new chapter in your life!

This is pretty fucked up considering the 3DS already had this perfectly... wtf?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
That would mean your playtime is getting wiped on the account level in the cloud, right? Since the web version of the eShop would have to know your Switch playtime.
Yep. Indeed, when I wake my Switch and go to my profile, it takes a while for everything to show up fully because it hasn't connected to the internet yet.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
WTF

FIX THIS SHIT NINTENDO

I knew it was worse than the Wii U's AL and especially the 3DSs...but come the fuck on.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
That's a very Nintendo thing to do. Playtimes are going to be integrated into the App I'm sure.
Huh? Why is this a "very" Nintendo thing to do? Nintendo are the ones that actually has dedicated activity apps for the 3 devices, Wii, 3DS and Wii U, prior to the Switch.

I hope Nintendo will bring it back.

Breaking News

Nintendo is 10 years behind everyone
At least think before you post.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
I got my switch at 11PM and played Breath of the Wild before midnight last year.

Iff0Io0.jpg

I don't really care that much though, this just reminds me I need to play Breath of the Wild again soon.
Thank you :)

Man my 320 Zelda hours are about to be dust.
It's strangely sad.
(I still have my actual memories of the game obvs but this was a nice reminder)

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
The Switch got so much right and won over Nintendo sceptics like me. But man, (especially with online features) they got an awful lot of simple stuff wrong

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone explain this? I have at least 15 hours on Shantae, then one day a week ago my time got fucked up. I haven't even owned this system for more than 6 months so how did this happen?

DXSgqCkVoAAFpJ4.jpg:large
Did you delete any save data? Might be wrong but remember hearing it works off your save data

ldm2468

Nov 1, 2017
I'm pretty confident that the playtime is not getting reset, but there is a bug with the "First played n days ago" message, and I think the first symptoms happened a few months ago.
On new year's day (2018-01-01), people stopped getting messages saying "First played n days ago" for games that they have first played in the previous year, for example on 12/31.
I think the message fails to account for the year, and because 1/1 < 12/31, the message had disappeared.
Now, the same bug manifests in reverse: the message shouldn't be displayed, but it does, because 3/3 >= 3/3.
After 10 days, the display will likely return to normal.

tldr, this is likely an easily fixed error and definitely not intended behavior, or one of Nintendo's "baffling decisions"
(sorry if this explanation has already been brought up)

Status
Not open for further replies.