• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2017
MOD EDIT 2: Nintendo have responded to this.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-switch-time-played-counter-reset-bug

"Some Nintendo Switch owners' play activity information is displaying incorrectly. We are aware of the issue and we expect to have more information to share in the near future," a Nintendo spokesperson told USgamer.

MOD EDIT: Here's a possible explanation for it on Reddit.

Looks like Nintendo's code is only looking for the day and month you last played the game and figuring out the time since then. It's ignoring the year.

It doesn't know you started March 3rd 2017, just March 3rd so 0 days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...es_for_up_to/dv2k66r/?st=jea8xeke&sh=c6eda67b

------

It's almost 1am here in Australia which means that it is the Switch's 1 year anniversary. Bizarrely, my and other
people's play activity for launch titles such as BotW are being reset to "First played 0 days ago"

MssqZFB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Account progress reset! Happy one year!

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
That seems weird, what if I played BotW last week? Plus we know they were using the total playtime on reviews on their website. Hope it's just a glitch z

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Lol someone must have forgotten to put the year in the calculation of playtime.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think this was an intentional design feature. Probably a bug. All sorts of funky things can happen with internal timers.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Reset the.... WHAT?????
Guess I have to screencap the profile before the clock hits 12 then.
Really? Nintendo?

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I miss the 3DS Activity Log. I hope they implement that on Switch.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Christ. I still don't understand why they didn't just copy the 3DS Activity Log. That thing was so great.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
What is so difficult about implementing a rudimentary stats app? I've never understood why this is so hard.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's because the Switch is a doomed system and nobody would have played it past the first year anyway. Nintendoomed indeed.

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.