• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just give me folders and demolish the whole eshop and rebuild it. One of the worst online stores I've ever seen

Oct 25, 2017
I consider the following the most important missing features:
  • Cloud Saves
  • Bluetooth Headphones Support
  • Streaming Apps
  • Party/In-game Chat
Everything else is secondary in my mind.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Folders, themes, BT headphone support needs to be there.
Also, for godsake do something about the eshop, it's way too barebones considering the number of games.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It is an issue when every other current Gaming device outside of Nintendo has this feature and the switch doesn't has it. I remember the mass complaints about the PS4 not having alot of OS/UI options that the Xbox had and Sony didn't, but they had to listen to it's user base and add this support. Just because it's not there, doesn't mean that it isn't an issue.

I do own a 4k TV and would like to see Nintendo support 4K mode for the Switch in docked mode. Thus I stated that it is not a complaint, but hopefully a feature to add in the future. Remote Play is on PS4 and PS3 via the PS Vita, which I used to use quite a bit on my travels. Whats wrong with having such a cool feature for the Switch as well?

Only a tiny amount of people have an unlimited data plan.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"There's like... a ton of issues with the Switch."
"Like what."
"I can't stream Wii U games to the Switch."

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I consider the following the most important missing features:
  • Cloud Saves
  • Bluetooth Headphones Support
  • Streaming Apps
  • Party/In-game Chat
Everything else is secondary in my mind.

Agreed on all points, particularly Cloud Saves. This is such a glaring omission that I'm still surprised that after 10 months all Switch owners are always at risk of losing all the progress on their games. Are we really going to have to wait for the Switch to be cracked wide open before we can use a feature that should have been on the console when it first went on sale?

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
Could possibly keep the Wifi alive and rerouting when you get/lose the wired connection. Might screw with router business, idk. It's really annoying though.
You are still going to have a transition between the active network and the standby network. Not sure why you would try to transition between docked and handheld in the middle of an online game anyways.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
You are still going to have a transition between the active network and the standby network. Not sure why you would try to transition between docked and handheld in the middle of an online game anyways.

It's not too rare for me, starting in handheld in Splatoon and then wanting to dock for more accurate controls. Not end of the world to have to rejoin the game, merely an annoyance that doesn't rhyme with the otherwise seamless transition between TV and handheld.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
It's not too rare for me, starting in handheld in Splatoon and then wanting to dock for more accurate controls. Not end of the world to have to rejoin the game, merely an annoyance that doesn't rhyme with the otherwise seamless transition between TV and handheld.
OK, I was thinking mainly of going from docked to handheld, not the the way around. I can see that. Unfortunately, there isn't a solution that allows jumping between wired and wireless without a slight hiccup.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Not an actual issue, but I've just bought a 200GB microSDXC card for my Switch as I've finally filled most of the internal storage. Now I'm wondering what's the best thing to do with my current data (digital games, additional data, updates, saves and screenshots): should I keep it in the internal storage or move it to the card?
I'm concerned about important save files like Zelda BotW, which I really don't want to lose no matter what. I don't have that many screenshots and I don't mind deleting them if that's better for some reason.