• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
The only way you can make this work is by swapping the Primary console for the Japan account between both Switch and Switch Lite in the eShop settings - however only one of you will be able to play the game at a time.
I see, thanks. So I'd have to deregister every time one of us wanted to play on their own device? Not very practical but at least it's something.

Shame I didn't have the foresight to play on the Japan account in the first place. Ah well. Might just start over when I've got some time.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I see, thanks. So I'd have to deregister every time one of us wanted to play on their own device? Not very practical but at least it's something.

Shame I didn't have the foresight to play on the Japan account in the first place. Ah well. Might just start over when I've got some time.
Yeah, if it was only between 2 accounts it would be fine because you would set 1 as the primary and just online check-in for the other when you load a game - the third account is what makes it a problem.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Hi. I have a quick question, does anyone here know if new and sealed US released Switch games comes with a tear strip (that thread in the plastic that makes it easier to break open the plastic) officially?

I got 3 US Switch games from Amazon today, all of them are sealed, but none of them have a tear strip in the plastic. They are all 3rd party games (all Capcom releases) if that makes any difference. Two of the games are a few years old, and i know that some older games can get resealed, but one of the games is only a few months old (Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection), and still it has no tear strip in the plastic, so that is mostly what made me wonder if US Switch games officially has a tear strip in the plastic seal or not.

Does anyone know? :)

EDIT: I remembered later on after writing my initial post that i have a bunch of US released Switch games that i bought from LRG (Limited Run Games) that i could compare to the games that i bought from Amazon :) I was first thinking mostly about more traditional (or what i shall call it it) retail releases, so i kinda forgot about the Switch games that i bought from LRG for a second :) But i have now checked the Switch games that i bought from LRG, and they dont have a tear strip in the plastic either, so i guess that US released Switch games doesnt come with a tear strp in the plastic. I am still curious if there are any expections though, for example, do first party US released Switch games have a tearstrip in the plastic for example? Does anyone know? :)

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hi. I have a quick question, does anyone here know if new and sealed US released Switch games comes with a tear strip (that thread in the plastic that makes it easier to break open the plastic) officially?

I was reminded of your question today! Europe here, but I got a new third-party game today from Amazon, and it didn't have the tear strip or Nintendo labeling. I'm pretty confident it's a new copy, and I saw in someone's Amazon review of the game that the plastic wrap was similarly blank. I don't have any other new third-party boxed games, so I don't know how common it is. The last new first-party games I got definitely all had the strip and Nintendo labeling.

Last edited:

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
I want to start an NSO family subscription, but some of the to be invited people already have an individual NSO sub. What happens to their remaining sub time?

Last edited:

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Ableist language
How the hell is it 2023 and Nintendo *still* doesn't have per profile passwords? Why do I need to gimp the shit out of the experience for everyone and require constant active management of the state of the parental controls just to avoid my 6 year old fucking my saves up? Ya'll, what in the everliving fuck? Did I miss something? Is this possible? Please tell me I'm an idiot and it's right in front of me somewhere?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Just noticed an annoying trend on the eShop…bundles being on sale but the individual titles aren't.

For instance, a Diablo 3 + Diablo 2 bundle is on sale, but neither game is individually. I already own Diablo 3, just let me buy Diablo 2 on its own on sale, FFS.

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I caved in and bought a SWITCH OLED today for Super Mario Wonders. Been so long since I owned a Nintendo console. I am looking for another game or 2 to add to my collection. What are the must play that I can't get anywhere else? Also any other games like Mario Wonders that I could play with my SO?
Thanks!
(Is there any moment in the year where Nintendo games are on sales?)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I caved in and bought a SWITCH OLED today for Super Mario Wonders. Been so long since I owned a Nintendo console. I am looking for another game or 2 to add to my collection. What are the must play that I can't get anywhere else? Also any other games like Mario Wonders that I could play with my SO?
Thanks!
(Is there any moment in the year where Nintendo games are on sales?)

Must plays: TLoZ Breath of the Wild / Tears of the Kingdom
Like SMBW to play with SO: Rayman Legends
If you're confident in the stability of your relationship: N++ (NPLUSPLUS)
More casual: Snipperclips

Nintendo's games are discounted a couple of times a year at most, never more than 33% off. If you're willing to look for used copies, you should be able to find better deals than that.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023
quick question chaps, is there a good set of third party joycons that fit the following bill (for standard, not oled)

1) comfier than standard joycons, doesn't need to be as massive as the hori split pad pro but somewhere in the middle ground would be nice

2) ideally, something that is rock solid, physically speaking, with the switch, and doesn't flex on the join connection. it's such a nitpick but it's one of my biggest complaints about the switch is how it feels like a screen sandwiched between two controllers and it's constantly wobbling and feeling flimsy in there.

i am probably looking at either maybe the hori split pad compact (currently have the pro but its just too fuckin big), or maybe one of those brandless third party ones that have a huge backing plate that connects the two together, for the whole rigidity thing but interested in any recommendations really

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Bought an OLED switch the other day with Mario Kart bundle. My Mario itch was getting too much so I caved.

Question, I'm sure it's already been asked before, but how do Nintendo games manage to hold their value so much?

I'm looking to buy Odyssey and the best I can find a physical copy for is just under £30 used. Pretty much every other game from 2017 (bar Nintendos) you can get for under £10 new. How has the price for these games managed to stay so high even in the second hand market?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Bought an OLED switch the other day with Mario Kart bundle. My Mario itch was getting too much so I caved.

Question, I'm sure it's already been asked before, but how do Nintendo games manage to hold their value so much?

I'm looking to buy Odyssey and the best I can find a physical copy for is just under £30 used. Pretty much every other game from 2017 (bar Nintendos) you can get for under £10 new. How has the price for these games managed to stay so high even in the second hand market?

They really have a handle on just never discounting their games all that much (unless it's a Fire Emblem Warriors game for some reason). I'm sure it helps that new switch buyers will still buy something like Smash Bros. or Mario Kart for full price no questions asked.

JSRF

Aug 23, 2023
I noticed last night that the right side of my launch Switch's screen is raised a little bit. If I run my finger across it I can feel a bit of a lip on the edge of the screen on the right side but not the left. It's probably the thickness of a sheet of paper.

Might this be battery swelling? I can't see any other signs of it elsewhere.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017

They stay at $60 retail and digital, forever, and get a modest discount like once a year or every other year. It bleeds over into the second hand market.

somethingisme

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't kept up with the Switch 2 rumors lately and was wondering: Do we have reason to think it might be 4K when docked?

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
quick question chaps, is there a good set of third party joycons that fit the following bill (for standard, not oled)

1) comfier than standard joycons, doesn't need to be as massive as the hori split pad pro but somewhere in the middle ground would be nice

2) ideally, something that is rock solid, physically speaking, with the switch, and doesn't flex on the join connection. it's such a nitpick but it's one of my biggest complaints about the switch is how it feels like a screen sandwiched between two controllers and it's constantly wobbling and feeling flimsy in there.

i am probably looking at either maybe the hori split pad compact (currently have the pro but its just too fuckin big), or maybe one of those brandless third party ones that have a huge backing plate that connects the two together, for the whole rigidity thing but interested in any recommendations really

I'm not sure if you found what you were looking for, but I just picked this up for my Switch OLED and really like it.

NexiGo Hall Effect Gripcon with HDMI & Kickstand (US Amazon link)

NexiGo Hall Effect Gripcon with HDMI & Kickstand (UK Amazon link)

I love that it has hall effect sticks, programmable back buttons and has a built-in dock.

It's really comfortable too.

Before this, I used the Coiorvis Joycons (which are basically Split-Pad Pros with wireless support). They're not bad, but I vastly prefer the NexiGo over them.

Last edited:

Naisho

Banned
Jul 27, 2023
Do we think a game like Granblue Fantasy Relink will be coming to the next gen Nintendo platform?

Jan 20, 2023
I'm not sure if you found what you were looking for, but I just picked this up for my Switch OLED and really like it.

I love that it has hall effect sticks, programmable back buttons and has a built-in dock.

Before this, I used the Coiorvis Joycons (which are basically Split-Pad Pros with wireless support). They're not bad, but I vastly prefer the NexiGo over them.
whoa, never seen a controller/dock combo before, that's pretty damn cool. Will look into that ty!

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
whoa, never seen a controller/dock combo before, that's pretty damn cool. Will look into that ty!

You're welcome.

Up until a couple of days ago, I didn't know this was a thing either.

Was looking at the Nitro Deck, but passed due to it scratching Switchs and the right stick placement and then stumbled onto the NexiGo.

It acting as a dock was the biggest reason I bought it, as I don't want to keep removing my Switch to play on my TV.

I gave it a test last night with Tears of the Kingdom and my 8bitdo Ultimate and I didn't have any lag. It worked great.

My only two complaints so far is there's a slight delay (like a second or two) when turning the Switch on and unlocking it, and the rumble isn't the greatest.

Overall, I'm impressed.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017

This is really interesting. Thanks for the heads up on it and the impressions.

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
Hey team. I've just had my projector, receiver and Switch dock fried by an electrical storm (HDMI ports not working)

The Switch itself is fine, but I need a replacement dock.

What is the current status of 3rd party docks? Are they reliable?
Outside of the above NexiGo Dock/Grip hybrid what are the brands to look out for?

Thanks in advance

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Hey team. I've just had my projector, receiver and Switch dock fried by an electrical storm (HDMI ports not working)

The Switch itself is fine, but I need a replacement dock.

What is the current status of 3rd party docks? Are they reliable?
Outside of the above NexiGo Dock/Grip hybrid what are the brands to look out for?

Thanks in advance

I believe Genki's docks have been pretty reliable. They have a new model that should be shipping soon.

Outside of that, I'd probably just recommend getting an official dock.

If you're in the US, Nintendo sells new and refurbished ones on their website for the following prices:

* Original (new) - $59
* Original (refurb) - $39
* OLED (new) - $69
* OLED (refurb) - $49

Nintendo refurbished products are practically new.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I also saw these controllers before I saw (and bought) the NexiGo grip, and they should be arriving soon, and I'll post some impressions when I get them.

Qrd Stellar T5

Posting my impression of these.

They're not bad, tbh. If you're looking for a pair of Joycons that are bigger, have hall-effect and work wirelessly with the Switch, you can't go wrong with these.

With that said, I personally won't be using them that much due to the fact that I absolutely love the NexiGo grip I linked earlier in the thread.

My wife has been playing Dreamlight Valley on the PS5, so I've been playing Tears of the Kingdom with the NexiGo and it's been fantastic. It's comfortable and I'm actually enjoying handheld mode. My only complaint with the NexiGo is that the rumble leaves a lot to be desired.