• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 6 days, 7 hours, 50 minutes, 15 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Nintendo Switch |OT| Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER! MAYBE!

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Whats the cheapest Dock that doesnt brick my 2nd Revision Switch? I need one for my GFs place but I dont want to spend so much money since I wont use it so often there

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of battery life are people generally getting for both the switch undocked or switch lite? I'm just wondering because i've got a flight next weekend which is about 5 hours both ways and I was thinking of getting either a switch or switch lite but reading around people are noting the battery life from like 3-7 hours and was just wondering which I was gonna go with.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
What is a good buy that can not be bought physically? I leave for a two week trip to visit my family. I am looking at don't starve as its 6$ but I never got far with it on PC.

Games I actually play:

Dark Souls
Darkest Dungeon
Crypt of the Necrodancer

I own (enjoyed):
MHXX (played 60 hours, liked it but the styles off putting)

No I don't want BoTW (borrowed), game is for me total pass after trying it for 60 hours. I don't really care for first party games either lol..

Anyways any suggestions?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
What is a good buy that can not be bought physically? I leave for a two week trip to visit my family. I am looking at don't starve as its 6$ but I never got far with it on PC.

Games I actually play:

Dark Souls
Darkest Dungeon
Crypt of the Necrodancer

I own (enjoyed):
MHXX (played 60 hours, liked it but the styles off putting)

No I don't want BoTW (borrowed), game is for me total pass after trying it for 60 hours. I don't really care for first party games either lol..

Anyways any suggestions?
From those games, I think you'd dig Tangledeep, which is a roguelike/mystery dungeon/RPG. It's currently 50% off on the eShop ($9.99), and is getting a huge expansion pack in the next month or so. It has:
  • (Optional) Permadeath, as well as tons of difficulty modifiers to make it as easy or hard as you like.
    • Playing with permadeath, it also has a good amount of progression carryover between characters: you can bank money and high tier equipment to use on other characters, as well as catch/train/breed powerful monsters.
  • A very deep mix-and-match job system, similar to games like FF5/FFT/Bravely/Octopath, which IMO makes the player almost look forward to deaths in order to experiment with wildly different builds.
  • Lovely SNES-inspired pixel art & OST.
  • Infinite potential gameplay, with hugely customizable gear, as well as NG+ and even NG++ (called 'Savage World') which is the ultimate challenge.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It is not unlikely, but complaints on the internet will always give a false impression of these likelihoods. People with no problems won‘t go to forums to complain, so they are not visible. I only occasionally have a little drift on my left one that stays for seconds at most and disappears, but I have seen this with different controllers from other console generations too, my tiny drift is not specific to the joycons.

Haven‘t even bought a second pair yet, only considering one now for RFA. As no Switch owner around me has reported drift I assume it’s likelihood is mildly exaggerated. It’s not as bad as with the N64 analog sticks which inevitably became unusable.

I would not let this keep me away from buying a Switch. The versatility of the joycons is actually awesome. If this is a budget question however it should not be a problem if you have to send them in or buy a second pair at some point (also makes sense for multiplayer though). As someone who is careful about purchases I would stay away from the Lite though, not only due to the possibility of drift.
I dunno, I think the fact that Nintendo has acknowledged it as a problem and are (in the US at least) repairing drifting joycons even out of warranty points to it being pretty prevalent. I'm sending my second pair of joycons in after they fixed my console pair. I wouldn't necessarily let that scare me off of getting the system, but it's a legit concern and I haven't seen any kind of indication that they are redesigning the joycons to fix anything.

For the person who has problems with diagonals on the Lite dpad, the only solution I've seen is to return it.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
USB C is a true garbage standard. Previously you could grab any USB cable you wanted but now you have to consider so many stuff o.O
USB C is just the connector type, not a standard. Compliance has always been a factor. But I’d say there’s just many many more manufacturers now than “before”, that may or may not build cables fit for your purpose.

Mizzou Gaming

Oct 27, 2017
Will this Arctic 7 headset work with a docked Nintendo Switch? I know it will work with an undocked Switch using the included cable but I am not sure about using them when my Switch is docked.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
Hey everyone!

Pardon the question but is there a specific threat/post to share Friend Codes?

More specifically for Pokemon Sword and Shield for them raidin'

Thank you!

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
I have a Switch Lite and was pretty happy with it. I prefer the smaller form factor over the OG Switch, which is too big and heavy for portable gaming IMO.
BUT I've been experiencing missed inputs for the left analog stick and it is driving me crazy. It didn't bother me that much in the beginning, but now I'm playing Fast rmx and sometimes the ship just won't steer which makes the game incredibly frustrating. I did a test in Bomb Chicken and it happens more frequently that I thought, 5 times within one minute:

(After 3, 10, 28, 47 and 54 seconds)
It seems like only the left direction is affected.

So I'll send the unit to Nintendo for repair. I guess my saves are gone then if I'm not willing to pay basic features like cloud saves? I've been playing video games for 25 years and the only systems that shipped with faulty controllers were both the OG Switch and Switch Lite.
Customer satisfaction -1.