• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BonneMort

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Curious to know if someone has had the same problem I just did with Nintendo Eshop.

I'm using the brazilian eshop, fyi. I bought Mario Kart and they didn't send me the download code via e-mail, even though my credit card already sent me a message approving the purchase.

Mind you that the brazilian eshop doesn't give you the option of automatically downloading from the Switch, so I need the code to download the game.

The brazilian account doesn't show me my transaction history as well, making it difficult for me to see if something went wrong with the purchase.

I already contacted Nintendo Support, but it's been 3 hours and no response.

Should I wait more? Is it normal for them to take a while to send the download code? Should I call my credit card and cancel the purchase?

Dodoow

Oct 30, 2017
Hi All,

Since the battery enhanced switch version is coming out soon. My current switch will be replaced.
But now I just have one question which I can't seem to find an direct answer for.

When I'll buy the new switch and will transfer everything, is the time played still counting directly after the transfer?

So let's say you've played a game on the old switch for 10 hours will it continue counting or will it restart? So that your profile shows 10 hours played untill you played it on the new switch for 15 hours and show 15 hours which in reality is in total 25 hours.

Please let me know if you have answer!
Thanks!

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Hi All,

Since the battery enhanced switch version is coming out soon. My current switch will be replaced.
But now I just have one question which I can't seem to find an direct answer for.

When I'll buy the new switch and will transfer everything, is the time played still counting directly after the transfer?

So let's say you've played a game on the old switch for 10 hours will it continue counting or will it restart? So that your profile shows 10 hours played untill you played it on the new switch for 15 hours and show 15 hours which in reality is in total 25 hours.

Please let me know if you have answer!
Thanks!
Yes.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I went on a crazy pre-ordering streak this month due to some pricing errors and good pre-order deals in Europe. There's still a few games I'd like to buy but enough with spending cash this month on games heh..

Pre-ordered:
Aug 30 - Astral Chain - 46$
Sep 13 - Daemon x Machina - 45$
Sep 20 - Link's Awakening - 46$
Sep 20 - Ni No Kuni - 45$
Sep 27 - Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definite Edition - 45$
Oct 31 - Luigis Mansion 3 - 5$
Nov 02 - Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair - 27$
Nov 02 - Witcher 3: Complete Edition - 47$

306$ for 8 games is cool I think. This is the third time I buy Witcher 3.. hopefully the hybrid nature of the game helps me beat it this time :P

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... I bought a Switch. Been FAR too long since I played any games at all. It brought a 35€ voucher and I bought Bayonetta 1 and 2.

I'm thinking on getting monster hunter and I'll still have 5€ of change. Opinions?

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
First-time post here, and considering a Switch. Is there a version of Panel De Pon aka Tetris Attack aka Puzzle League for the system? I used to have a Panel De Pon import for the GameCube but it's buried in storage somewhere, and I think I lost my GC Classic Controllers :(
I have a really strong craving to play that game for some local multiplayer.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Whats the highest download speed the Switch provides? I have a 300mbps fiber connection and its taking more than 2 hours to download 10GB =\

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the highest download speed the Switch provides? I have a 300mbps fiber connection and its taking more than 2 hours to download 10GB =\
Try this

So... I bought a Switch. Been FAR too long since I played any games at all. It brought a 35€ voucher and I bought Bayonetta 1 and 2.

I'm thinking on getting monster hunter and I'll still have 5€ of change. Opinions?
Try the demo first. I ended up skipping it.

Nope, none so far.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Also chance the DNS settings to Google preferred.

My auto dns settings yielded 20.0Mbs on the 2.4GHz connection, and 31.2Mb/s with the DNS Prim: 8.8.8.8 and DNS Secondary: 8.8.4.4. Using Auto DNS with my 5GHz connection was 23Mb/s and 1.9Mb/s upload, with manual Google DNS I listed, now I'm at 47.2Mb/s down and 4.8MB/s up.

That's with the 1500MTU change.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Also chance the DNS settings to Google preferred.

My auto dns settings yielded 20.0Mbs on the 2.4GHz connection, and 31.2Mb/s with the DNS Prim: 8.8.8.8 and DNS Secondary: 8.8.4.4. Using Auto DNS with my 5GHz connection was 23Mb/s and 1.9Mb/s upload, with manual Google DNS I listed, now I'm at 47.2Mb/s down and 4.8MB/s up.

That's with the 1500MTU change.
I'll do that right now thank you. How do you test the download/upload speed on Switch though?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm sure this has been addressed before but I can't find the nintendo account sharing thread:

I could've sworn people said that you could buy a multiplayer game like Mario Kart and play it on two consoles (using a different account on the primary switch and the main account on the secondary switch). Maybe I was mistaken. But the documentation seems to indicate that the secondary console always has to be connected to the internet for periodic checks, and that if the secondary switch starts playing the same game it will pause the primary switch's game.

Also, if you get a switch lite and have two switches, it seems like you almost have to make the Lite your primary so it doesn't need an internet connection to play downloadable games every single time. Is that right?

Morfeo

Oct 25, 2017
Took me over two years but I finally and quite randomly joined the Switch club last week. Got an amazing deal on a console including Zelda, Ultra Street Fighter, Splatoon 2 and Mario x Rabbids, and just picked up Mario Kart, Smash and Odyssey as well. So hyped! Only played some Street Fighter and Zelda for now, and holy shit Zelda is blowing my mind. Feels like I can spend forever only on the plateau lol.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yo Switch Fam (sorry I am old masquerading as hip and youthful) I just ordered a Switch. Had some extra funds burning a hole in my wallet and thought I'd treat myself. My question is this - I previously had a Wii and a 3DS. Bought some games digitally on both but not many. I assume I had to make a Nintendo account to do so? (as I said I am old so I forget) - I did just dig out my 3DS and fire it up and sure enough it uses an email address I would use for a Nintendo Account, reset my forgotten password, all good. Now can I use that on Switch? Was that the same account on Wii if there was such a thing? Just wondering about Nintendo Accounts really. I know that nothing I've bought for Wii or 3DS would come over so I assume there isn't a unified Nintendo Account? Each system would have it's own one right? Anyway not urgent as the Switch isn't coming for a few days. Planning on getting the new Fire Emblem as the Switch is coming with a 30 quid eshop voucher. That or try out BOTW. One of the two. Irrelevant to this post however :D

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Unaha-Closp - I believe that they're mostly done unifying all the different types of Nintendo user accounts they had in the past. See if you can login to https://accounts.nintendo.com/ and then link your NNID and you should be good.
Thanks. Couldn't use my email address and the new password I generated on my 3DS but could sign in with my NNID and that password and it's saying I can create a Nintendo Account so I assume this is the one I would then use when I get my Switch?

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
Thanks. Couldn't use my email address and the new password I generated on my 3DS but could sign in with my NNID and that password and it's saying I can create a Nintendo Account so I assume this is the one I would then use when I get my Switch?
Sounds right to me. I haven't initialized a new switch since March of 2017, but it's all liked to accounts.nintendo.com.

I have like 4 different types of passwords for Nintendo in my password manager, but I think we're just down to the account and a linked NNID at this point.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Sounds right to me. I haven't initialized a new switch since March of 2017, but it's all liked to accounts.nintendo.com.

I have like 4 different types of passwords for Nintendo in my password manager, but I think we're just down to the account and a linked NNID at this point.
Cool. I'll make a Nintendo Account then and should be ready to go when the Switch arrives. Thanks for your help.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend wants to buy a Switch. Is this the best time to buy one or is there a revision coming soon? Thanx!

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having an issue. I just bought Kingston MicroSD card 128 GB and my switch just gives me error "Unable to recognize Micro SD" every time I put it in. I tried blowing in the MicroSD slot ( also with compressed air). I formatted it like it was said on Nintendo support page but it didn't help. I inserted it into my friends Switch and it worked immediately. I put it back into my switch and it gives me the same error as before. I tried inserting two different cards into my switch and they worked fine. Is my switch faulty or something? I already had a really bad experience with customer support regarding the Pro Controller in the store where I bought my switch, so I would do everything just to avoid that experience again.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm having an issue. I just bought Kingston MicroSD card 128 GB and my switch just gives me error "Unable to recognize Micro SD" every time I put it in. I tried blowing in the MicroSD slot ( also with compressed air). I formatted it like it was said on Nintendo support page but it didn't help. I inserted it into my friends Switch and it worked immediately. I put it back into my switch and it gives me the same error as before. I tried inserting two different cards into my switch and they worked fine. Is my switch faulty or something? I already had a really bad experience with customer support regarding the Pro Controller in the store where I bought my switch, so I would do everything just to avoid that experience again.

Are you sure it's a genuine card? Lots of fakes around, depending on where you bought it. Although it working in your friend's switch probably means that's not the case.

I assume you have been updating the firmware on your switch?

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure it's a genuine card? Lots of fakes around, depending on where you bought it. Although it working in your friend's switch probably means that's not the case.

I assume you have been updating the firmware on your switch?
Im sure its genuine card - I bought it from popular and liked store in my country. And yes, I keep my system up to date.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I think my Switch died and was wondering if anyone had any experience with my particular issue.

Was playing Fire Emblem docked and the game suddenly turned off. No error message or anything. Picked up the Switch out of the dock and it was off. The AC adapter seems to work (seemed to be able to charge my pro controller directly). The dock seems to still work, too.

When I place the Switch into the dock, the green light still lights up upon sitting in the dock. I'm also able to switch to the HDMI1 channel on my TV, which I can usually only do if the power is on for whatever is plugged into that port (in this case, the Switch). When I lift the seemingly dead Switch out of the dock, I can't turn to that channel. It's almost like the Switch is still on, but isn't outputting any picture or sound at all. I've tried holding the power button for 12-15 seconds, since I've read sometimes the Switch can freeze with a darkened screen, but it didn't do anything. This is pretty much the only recommended solution I could find on Nintendo's official site.

Anyone have any ideas? For now I'm going to plug the AC adapter directly to the Switch and see if it was maybe an issue with the dock not charging correctly, but I have a bad feeling it's just dead.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Shit, my switch fell off and broke the back plate in one of the corners so now it's only held back by the screws on the rest of corners.

Had anybody here replaced their switch's back plate before? Is it complicated? Where did you buy it?

Edit: just found this tutorial from spawnwave, seems very easy.

Last edited:

rac

Oct 25, 2017
just got a switch yesterday
any good deals on an sd card, screen protector?
do you all use cases?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone help me with a link to start a system repair for Switch? My brand new "New" Switch has either got dead pixels galore or there is a bunch of dust behind the display and its driving me crazy. I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a repair process on Nintendo's website, the links are just taking me in circles and doing their best job possible of keeping me from starting a claim.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Can someone help me with a link to start a system repair for Switch? My brand new "New" Switch has either got dead pixels galore or there is a bunch of dust behind the display and its driving me crazy. I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a repair process on Nintendo's website, the links are just taking me in circles and doing their best job possible of keeping me from starting a claim.
Might it be better just to return it, as it's new?

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I went on a crazy pre-ordering streak this month due to some pricing errors and good pre-order deals in Europe. There's still a few games I'd like to buy but enough with spending cash this month on games heh..

Pre-ordered:
Aug 30 - Astral Chain - 46$
Sep 13 - Daemon x Machina - 45$
Sep 20 - Link's Awakening - 46$
Sep 20 - Ni No Kuni - 45$
Sep 27 - Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definite Edition - 45$
Oct 31 - Luigis Mansion 3 - 5$
Nov 02 - Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair - 27$
Nov 02 - Witcher 3: Complete Edition - 47$

306$ for 8 games is cool I think. This is the third time I buy Witcher 3.. hopefully the hybrid nature of the game helps me beat it this time :P
LM3 for $5 is phenomenal. I'm jealous.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hello all. I have a new Switch, and I'm wanting to use a 256 GB micro SD card from the old Switch and use it on the new Switch. Is there a way to keep the games I already have downloaded on the card without getting rid of everything already on it?

EDIT: Found the answer, and yep, will have to re-download everything, but at the same time, I don't have to actually download EVERYTHING as there's plenty of stuff I won't be playing right away.

Last edited:

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I bought a new Switch about a month ago because my original one got lost. I transferred over everything I had saved to the cloud, removed the other Switch online, and made this new one my primary. However, it seems that all of the games that I played on my old Switch are no longer accumulating play time on my profile. Smash Bros. is sitting at 150, which is where it was before I got my new Switch, and hasn't moved up a bit since. Looking at my Parental Controls app, I have about 20+ hours put in this week alone.

It's honestly not that big of a deal, but it's a bit annoying. If it matters any, there is another Switch that is also using my profile/saves/game. Mine is set as the primary, though.

Everything is updated to the latest version, too. Any ideas what the problem may be?

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Is there any possibility for 3rd party dock solutions for the switch lite?

And has it been confirmed if it will do cloud saves on the fly i.e play FE on the lite on the train and continue on a docked switch at home.

Thanks!

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello all. I have a new Switch, and I'm wanting to use a 256 GB micro SD card from the old Switch and use it on the new Switch. Is there a way to keep the games I already have downloaded on the card without getting rid of everything already on it?

EDIT: Found the answer, and yep, will have to re-download everything, but at the same time, I don't have to actually download EVERYTHING as there's plenty of stuff I won't be playing right away.

I just did this w the GameStop deal and I can confirm you do have to reformat the SD and redownload. Love this thing so far it's both lighter and less flimsy. My launch model also warped around the vents a bit and they joycons feel better. I might just call support and get my neon joycons replaced since they drift anyway.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
so is there any problem with using a third party dock to connect the switch to the tv? damn original thing is expensive.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
My left Joycon ran into a problem so bad it makes me wish I was dealing with drifting instead.

I don't know what the fuck is going on, but the fucking thing keeps disconnecting in handheld mode. Inconsistently at the slightest fucking nudge. Jesus I'm about to blow a gasket. This shit cropped up a a couple of weeks ago and has progressed to the point where it's borderline unplayable (fuck after . a recent session I can drop "borderline") as it now disconnects from pressing d-buttons. and some moments it works fine and then goes crazy.

What the hell is going on?! I've tried disconnecting and pairing again a thousand times, updating the controllers but nothing works! It works just fine in any other mode but goes insane when attached in handheld.

Please for the love of God tell me it's the goddamn Joycon and not the rail. I can't send Nintendo shit, I don't live in a country where they operate. Buying a new Joycon I can fathom but if it's the fucking rail then I'm screwed. At least I THINK that it feels more wobbly in the grip, so I hope it's the goddamn Joycon.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My left Joycon ran into a problem so bad it makes me wish I was dealing with drifting instead.

I don't know what the fuck is going on, but the fucking thing keeps disconnecting in handheld mode. Inconsistently at the slightest fucking nudge. Jesus I'm about to blow a gasket. This shit cropped up a a couple of weeks ago and has progressed to the point where it's borderline unplayable (fuck after . a recent session I can drop "borderline") as it now disconnects from pressing d-buttons.

What the hell is going on?! I've tried disconnecting and pairing again a thousand times, updating the controllers but nothing works! It works just fine in any other mode but goes insane when attached in handheld.

Please for the love of God tell me it's the goddamn Joycon and not the rail. I can't Nintendo shit, I don't live in a country where they operate. Buying a new Joycon I can fathom but if it's the fucking rail then I'm screwed. At least I THINK that it feels more wobbly in the grip, so I hope it's the goddamn Joycon.
sounds like the joy-con for sure imo

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
i'm saying the joy con is failing it self.
I think you're right. The very possibility of it being the rail, however slight, is terrifying for me though.

I went back and played some more after typing the posts above and it seems as if it has piped down for the time being ( at least long enough to do anything. In this case, enough to play through an SMM2 course). The last bout of disconnections was so bad I lost my composure.