• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
yqNWIAl.png

Current collection post trading my physical collection in (and some other nonsense) and going full digital. I want to prioritise picking up MHGU, Spyro trilogy (assuming the port's good), Astral Chain (assuming the game's good) and a bunch of indies (I want to know what people's essential indies are; I picked up the HM collection because I had a suspicion it would be pulled from the AU eShop and I was right).

I'm happy enough with 1P games (unless people are really insistent I pick something up based on what's listed here) and I can probably pick up other third parties like Mario + Rabbids later (same deal).
Nice collection!
Hollow Knight would be my essential indie pick, if you haven't played it already.
If you're partial to Metroidvania and sci-fi, I would also recommend Axiom Verge.
If you like action-adventure, then Hyper Light Drifter as well.

The indie scene is incredible right now, and these sorts of games are perfect for Switch.
(I played Axiom Verge on Vita and Hyper Light Drifter on PS4, but may double-dip on Switch because they're so good.)

Space Lion

Banned
May 24, 2019
Got a switch the other day. These are my impressions. Yeah, it's a two year old system. If my post feels impertinent feel free to ignore.

So basically, during the psp/ds generation I became a real big fan of handheld gaming. That was where all the Japanese games went. I loved how I could play a game while also watching tv with my college roommate or girlfriend. As technology evolved and we started to be able to hook laptops up to hdtvs, and iPads and iPhones became a thing, around 2010 or so I was convinced that the future of gaming was a hybrid between console and portable. Something like an iPad tablet that you could play on the go, and when you got home you could hook up to your tv. I basically waited for any publisher to take that idea because I was literally convinced the concept was a sure winner as it could appeal to HD kiddies as well as Japanese players whom prefer handheld systems.

Basically, I started this as a preface because the Switch is essentially my dream system.

Out of the three publishers I thought Nintendo having the most likelihood and success with such a product.

When Wii U was announced I was kind of excited because it was a touching stone on the concept I envisioned happening some day. But the disappointing thing about Wii U was that it didn't go all the way. It basically flirted with the idea.

Switch took the concept and ran with it. I'm surprised it doesn't use more wires. The dock technology actually impresses me and I'm curious who or how they came up with it. I'm pretty impressed that it's the first console I've ever seen that turns my tv on for me when powering it up. Over the past few days I've transitioned it from handheld mode to console mode and back and it still never ceases to impress me how seamless it is.

I'm always so surprised how small the actual system is whenever I look at it. Has there ever been a smaller console? Even with the dock it looks thinner than a regular Wii.

The system clearly lacks power. Mario Odyssey had some pop in on some levels with distant objects, for example. Yet, I really don't care. The system is so fluid and feels so good that I would opt to play any multi-platform release on it if I could. (Related, is Doom Switch good? or is the Switch too underpowered?).

The Switch also happens to be jam packed with features. The NES app being free with subscription is pretty damn cool of an idea and shows how much good will Nintendo is willing to earn after announcing there will be no virtual console on the Switch prompting hypothetical that users will have to rebuy their library for a third time.

Only problem I have so far is the joycon. On console mode I play in puppy mode for now as I don't have a pro controller yet. The right joycon will randomly turn off despite a full charge and I'll have to recalibrate my joycons by pressing L+R. This happens regularly and I have no idea what causes it. Also charging the joycons was confusing, at least initially. I didn't realize they also had to be on the dock to charge because the Switch said to just attach itself to the switch to charge them. on a positive note, I love the technology of the joycons. Being able to slide them out and convert the system to your choosing is pretty fucking cool. I also happen to love the default Switch puppy controller. Aside from the d-pad I think it's the best stock controller they've ever made. Features like hd rumble and the sounds really add to the experience. These days I forget games have rumble but when it first came out it was a massive deal to me. HD Rumble is the first time I recall a developer using rumble with creativity in years.

I think the benefits of the system outweigh the negatives. I think we're at a point where Nintendo using underpowered hardware doesn't even fucking matter. My wishlist and playlist for Switch is fucking massive now and it's only been out for two years.

Finally, as the final piece of hardware Iwata contributed to I'm more than glad for the systems success as this little system is the end of an era - the Iwata era - for Nintendo. The concept and idea of Switch oozes Iwata era creativity. It's an ultimate combination of everything that was great about his era: creative and just damn well made. This time they perfected the recipe and made what could potentially go down with one of the greatest systems of all time. What a wonderful nightcap for Iwata's legacy.

TLDR: wanted a console/handheld hybrid for years and Nintendo delivered on everything I dreamed it was. Beat Mario Odyssey's main story today and in love with the system.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Is there a topic to talk about modding the console ? I don't really know where to get a jig to mod the console for homebrew...

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where else to put this, so I figured this thread might be as good as any.

This may be nothing, but check out what the BoI devs said at 11:47

It may sound like a slip of the tongue, but his reaction of pausing then saying "oops...ignore that" makes me think that he felt that he made more of a mistake by saying what he said than just a mistake.

I think most of us are expecting a Switch 2 anyway.. but still...

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Got a switch the other day. These are my impressions. Yeah, it's a two year old system. If my post feels impertinent feel free to ignore.

So basically, during the psp/ds generation I became a real big fan of handheld gaming. That was where all the Japanese games went. I loved how I could play a game while also watching tv with my college roommate or girlfriend. As technology evolved and we started to be able to hook laptops up to hdtvs, and iPads and iPhones became a thing, around 2010 or so I was convinced that the future of gaming was a hybrid between console and portable. Something like an iPad tablet that you could play on the go, and when you got home you could hook up to your tv. I basically waited for any publisher to take that idea because I was literally convinced the concept was a sure winner as it could appeal to HD kiddies as well as Japanese players whom prefer handheld systems.

Basically, I started this as a preface because the Switch is essentially my dream system.

Out of the three publishers I thought Nintendo having the most likelihood and success with such a product.

When Wii U was announced I was kind of excited because it was a touching stone on the concept I envisioned happening some day. But the disappointing thing about Wii U was that it didn't go all the way. It basically flirted with the idea.

Switch took the concept and ran with it. I'm surprised it doesn't use more wires. The dock technology actually impresses me and I'm curious who or how they came up with it. I'm pretty impressed that it's the first console I've ever seen that turns my tv on for me when powering it up. Over the past few days I've transitioned it from handheld mode to console mode and back and it still never ceases to impress me how seamless it is.

I'm always so surprised how small the actual system is whenever I look at it. Has there ever been a smaller console? Even with the dock it looks thinner than a regular Wii.

The system clearly lacks power. Mario Odyssey had some pop in on some levels with distant objects, for example. Yet, I really don't care. The system is so fluid and feels so good that I would opt to play any multi-platform release on it if I could. (Related, is Doom Switch good? or is the Switch too underpowered?).

The Switch also happens to be jam packed with features. The NES app being free with subscription is pretty damn cool of an idea and shows how much good will Nintendo is willing to earn after announcing there will be no virtual console on the Switch prompting hypothetical that users will have to rebuy their library for a third time.

Only problem I have so far is the joycon. On console mode I play in puppy mode for now as I don't have a pro controller yet. The right joycon will randomly turn off despite a full charge and I'll have to recalibrate my joycons by pressing L+R. This happens regularly and I have no idea what causes it. Also charging the joycons was confusing, at least initially. I didn't realize they also had to be on the dock to charge because the Switch said to just attach itself to the switch to charge them. on a positive note, I love the technology of the joycons. Being able to slide them out and convert the system to your choosing is pretty fucking cool. I also happen to love the default Switch puppy controller. Aside from the d-pad I think it's the best stock controller they've ever made. Features like hd rumble and the sounds really add to the experience. These days I forget games have rumble but when it first came out it was a massive deal to me. HD Rumble is the first time I recall a developer using rumble with creativity in years.

I think the benefits of the system outweigh the negatives. I think we're at a point where Nintendo using underpowered hardware doesn't even fucking matter. My wishlist and playlist for Switch is fucking massive now and it's only been out for two years.

Finally, as the final piece of hardware Iwata contributed to I'm more than glad for the systems success as this little system is the end of an era - the Iwata era - for Nintendo. The concept and idea of Switch oozes Iwata era creativity. It's an ultimate combination of everything that was great about his era: creative and just damn well made. This time they perfected the recipe and made what could potentially go down with one of the greatest systems of all time. What a wonderful nightcap for Iwata's legacy.

TLDR: wanted a console/handheld hybrid for years and Nintendo delivered on everything I dreamed it was. Beat Mario Odyssey's main story today and in love with the system.
Yup yup. I can relate to basically everything in this post, including the appreciation/frustration at the Wii U ALMOST being it.

Every single day I wished I could just take that Gamepad with me. And then, boom.

Nov 3, 2017
Okay, just bought a new Switch to inhale the full fragrance that is the Fire Emblem. Also playing a lot of oldschool games.

Got controller issues, though. Can you use the Joy Cons (in the Joy Con Grip) as one controller in NES and SNES Mode? It doesn't seem to work for us. Which controllers CAN you use in that mode?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I'm curious how many Switch only gamers we have here...?

I'm getting close to going that route...I just don't have the time and the Switch fits my at home life so much better than either other console. I'm in love with it. I know I'd be missing out on games but I do already now and honestly, Nintendo's first/second party is the one I care about the most.

Have such a backlog on this system alone...I'd be plenty busy lol.

Just curious if any other Switch lovers are in this boat or tinkered with the idea....

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area

I'm getting close to going that route...I just don't have the time and the Switch fits my at home life so much better than either other console. I'm in love with it. I know I'd be missing out on games but I do already now and honestly, Nintendo's first/second party is the one I care about the most.

Just curious if any other Switch lovers are in this boat or tinkered with the idea....
I'm basically switch only. I don't own any Sony or MS consoles anymore. I have some 3ds units and I occasionally play on my Linux box.

I'm going to get set up with Stadia for borderlands 3 though. May be some more games on that later for must haves that I won't be able to play on Linux or switch.

Schiaffino

Oct 27, 2017

After getting a kid I got rid of my ps4, I only play Switch now. And with 3rd party games like Witcher, Diablo, Divinity 2, Rocket League, Ori here and/or coming in addition to indies and Nintendo games, I feel no need to get another system even if I would have had more time to play.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
After getting a kid I got rid of my ps4, I only play Switch now. And with 3rd party games like Witcher, Diablo, Divinity 2, Rocket League, Ori here and/or coming in addition to indies and Nintendo games, I feel no need to get another system even if I would have had more time to play.

Yeah I'm holding out for Borderlands 3 and Shadowkeep on my 1X but after that, there really isn't anything that interests me on the horizon that isn't on Switch.

All my current preorders are Switch games too...

I'm so curious as to what Nintendo does to follow up the Switch...man a beefier Switch that could play a majority of not all of future 3rd party games would be heaven.

Last edited:

tonyh24613

Oct 25, 2017
So I ran into the same trouble I got once long time ago yesterday. That all my friends were showed being "offline", instead of "up x days ago" things. Last time this happened I can't solve it and it fixed itself after about a day. But this time I found a solution on the net, just switch the DNS to google DNS then restart the console. Want to leave the solution here. Since with this trouble you can't play online with friends, but randoms are fine. Your friends also can't see you online. really weird issue.

Feb 10, 2018
I have some questions with the sharing of digital games on several devices.

I intend on buying a Switch lite on the 20th of September for my girlfriend, because she enjoys playing the Switch a lot

However, I bought ALL of my games in digital mode (because I like having all my games in one device and not having to change cartridges)

If I buy her a Switch Lite and if I update my subscription to "family", will she be able to play the games I bought on her switch ?
Will we be able to both play at the same time ?

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
I have some questions with the sharing of digital games on several devices.

I intend on buying a Switch lite on the 20th of September for my girlfriend, because she enjoys playing the Switch a lot

However, I bought ALL of my games in digital mode (because I like having all my games in one device and not having to change cartridges)

If I buy her a Switch Lite and if I update my subscription to "family", will she be able to play the games I bought on her switch ?
Will we be able to both play at the same time ?

Yes you will, but there are a couple of caveats. If you register the lite as your Nintendo accounts primary console your girlfriend will be able to play all your digital games using her account.
On your Switch you'll only be able to play your digital games whilst you have an active internet connection (I think this is only required when starting a game though and it won't check again for 3 hours) and you'll only be able to play your digital games using your own Nintendo account.

Feb 10, 2018
Yes you will, but there are a couple of caveats. If you register the lite as your Nintendo accounts primary console your girlfriend will be able to play all your digital games using her account.
On your Switch you'll only be able to play your digital games whilst you have an active internet connection (I think this is only required when starting a game though and it won't check again for 3 hours) and you'll only be able to play your digital games using your own Nintendo account.

Thanks a lot! The switches usually always stay online at home so that shouldn't be a problem!

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
So, i would like to have my daughters switch alternate with different TVs at home, and i wonder if 3rd party docks or usb to hdmi adapters are safe and don't break consoles anymore.
It is a bit ridiculous that it is easier to connect my ps4 to any tv since it uses a regular power cord and a regular hdmi cable than the switch and the not so traveling friendly dock.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So, i would like to have my daughters switch alternate with different TVs at home, and i wonder if 3rd party docks or usb to hdmi adapters are safe and don't break consoles anymore.
It is a bit ridiculous that it is easier to connect my ps4 to any tv since it uses a regular power cord and a regular hdmi cable than the switch and the not so traveling friendly dock.
I am also looking into this and reviews etc. on Amazon seem to indicate most are safe and work. Theere are outliers but I guess just check the reviews. Did you buy one in the meantime?

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I am also looking into this and reviews etc. on Amazon seem to indicate most are safe and work. Theere are outliers but I guess just check the reviews. Did you buy one in the meantime?
Not yet, still checking reviews and forums. Or maybe will wait for black Friday and try to find an official one discounted. However I'd like to buy a smaller one that i could use when traveling or vacation.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are a many variants of 3rd party usb-c adapter/switch dock solutions that are safe, powered by the Nintendo charger that comes with the system itself.
Quality may vary between sellers of course. Say on Amazon, while they all pretty much source their products from the same spec designs under a different "brand".

That said, I've used one of these adapters frequently for just over a year, without any issues whatsoever.

Oct 26, 2017
On topic again of game sharing:

If I have three devices for three different people in my circle, only one of those people can play under their own account (once set as primary) but the rest will have to use my account?

I'm trying to figure a way to make this work where all three can use their own accounts. Maybe accounts isn't the right word. User?

Currently, my daughter is on my console. I'm getting a Lite so i can play on that. I have a buddy getting a Lite on the 20th as well and want him to have access to my stuff as well

Can I set up as:

Buddy: primary
My new Lite: secondary. Online check not a problem
My OG Switch: secondary. My daughter continues to play using her user account ?

Ehud

Jun 20, 2019
I've got a stupid question.

I'm looking at buying some games (VA-11 Hall-A, 2064 Read Only Memories, and maybe some others) that are released on both PC and Switch. Which version should I get? I don't really play games outside nor do I have a commute, so being able to go handheld doesn't really matter. Is there any benefit to go Switch with these types of games or indie in general?

I'm just being indecisive on whether to buy them on PC or Switch.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Hello, just wanted to ask a question. I've had my Switch since launch but I've bought the newer version for the better battery and was just wondering, I have both systems on hand and so if I was to do a system transfer, will the play activity transfer and will it continue from where I left off on the previous system? I've heard of people doing a transfer and the play activity transfering over but not increasing the playtime on the new system until they had exceeded the displayed time and only then would the time played continue. Thanks.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, just wanted to ask a question. I've had my Switch since launch but I've bought the newer version for the better battery and was just wondering, I have both systems on hand and so if I was to do a system transfer, will the play activity transfer and will it continue from where I left off on the previous system? I've heard of people doing a transfer and the play activity transfering over but not increasing the playtime on the new system until they had exceeded the displayed time and only then would the time played continue. Thanks.
I just did a complete user transfer from my OG Switch to a new one I bought two days ago. My play activity was retained and continues where it left off.

(I'm still downloading portions of my 360Gb digital Switch library *sigh* -- having to re-download digital games themselves is the only pain point so far in "moving Switches" as it were).

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I just did a complete user transfer from my OG Switch to a new one I bought two days ago. My play activity was retained and continues where it left off.

(I'm still downloading portions of my 360Gb digital Switch library *sigh* -- having to re-download digital games themselves is the only pain point so far in "moving Switches" as it were).
Thank you for the reply, it's such a silly thing but it's something that I'm a little precious about lol, I'm always looking at how long I've spent playing my games. If I did happen to lose my play activity I'd live, the improved battery life is worth it after all but I would be a little upset.

I think the messed up play activities are from people replacing their old switch and logging in with their account and not doing a system transfer? I was actually thinking of waiting until next Friday as a lot of people will be getting Switch Lite's and you'd have more people doing transfers to go off on but I might do it now instead of holding it off!

Sucks about having to download all your games, luckily most of mine are physical!

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I impulsively bought a switch after watching a preview for links awakening, but now that I have it I realized that I'm really not interested in any other games on the system. I have pretty bad buyers remorse.

I've played Mario Odyssey, and Zelda Botw on a family members Switch and while they were fun at first I got bored of them quickly. I'm not interested in Smash, Mario Cart, or any other game I've seen.

Is there anything else on the horizon that might make me want to keep this system?

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I impulsively bought a switch after watching a preview for links awakening, but now that I have it I realized that I'm really not interested in any other games on the system. I have pretty bad buyers remorse.

I've played Mario Odyssey, and Zelda Botw on a family members Switch and while they were fun at first I got bored of them quickly. I'm not interested in Smash, Mario Cart, or any other game I've seen.

Is there anything else on the horizon that might make me want to keep this system?

There are like 2,500 games on the Switch. What types of games are you looking for? Which games have you seen?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I plan on purchasing my son a Switch Lite and was wondering how I should navigate Nintendo Switch Online, but not so much for the game sharing but the online gaming aspect.

I currently have a Switch with an individual membership to Nintendo Switch Online expiring a year from now. I also have a 12-month code from purchasing the physical edition of Tetris 99 that I haven't used yet. I created a child account on my family plan and had planned to link it up to a profile my son is using on my current Switch. I want to use the 12-month code on his profile since I have an unused code and don't need to purchase the Switch Online family membership until next year. Can I do that?

Or would I have to create a new Nintendo account for him, redeem the 12-month code on that account, and then a year from now when the individual membership expires, add him to my family account and purchase the family membership?

Dec 11, 2017

I just sold my Xbox One X recently after realising I just don't have the time to commit to it. I have a family, a job, and a decent commute – so I'm finding the Switch has become the console for me. The games have been flowing in since launch, and I have a massive backlog built up.

It's also the first Nintendo console I've ever had where I'm not put off by purchasing third-party titles. Even with technical limitations in comparison to PS4/XB1, I greatly prefer the instant-on Switch setup, and obviously the portability, which I take advantage of during long commutes. I need to investigate a proper grip, as I'm finding the launch Switch a bit creaky and uncomfortable when playing in public.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I just posted this in the Smash Ultimate OT and I figured I'd post it here for those who don't frequent that thread.

Amazon JP has the Official Gamecube adapter and controller up for order with an in stock date of January 2, 2020 and January 1, 2020, respectively. This is it, ya'll! I really hope this means these items will be readily available starting next year, in all markets, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I put my order in earlier and I'd suggest anyone interested jump on this ASAP.

Switch GC Adapter

GC Controller

navi-usagi

Dec 17, 2017
Getting a Switch Lite next week, is there a notable list of games that perform poorly in portable mode? I happen to have access to a regular Switch as well (not mine), but because I'll always have access to the Lite, I would prefer to get games that don't chug.

Some games in particular that I was looking at were Astral Chain, Final Fantasy XII, Dark Souls Remastered, Mario Maker 2, Bayonetta 2, and Kirby Star Allies.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Any recommendations for a good travel case? I already have this one:

ecc6fcf2-3664-4e45-9ff9-57e50a015b43.png

I would like to get a small one that will just hold the Switch. Should I just get the smaller RDS one or is there a recommended one?

81ud0JoRioL._AC_.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
So I want to get a 400gb SD card. I don't have a pc to transfer stuff. If I remove my current SD and add the new one can I just redownload stuff? How about saves?

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Hori has licensed Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon for their D-Pad Controller, what are these punks waiting for with licensing SNES and NES branding themes for them? Those official SNES wireless controllers are sold out, people want that aesthetic on a joy-con. I mean they licensed the NES Controller image for a 3DS case. Come on.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
So I want to get a 400gb SD card. I don't have a pc to transfer stuff. If I remove my current SD and add the new one can I just redownload stuff? How about saves?
Yeah, you can re-download your games if you'd rather go that route. It just takes more time/bandwidth. And saves are a non-issue as those are saved on the Switch itself, never on the SD card.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
Any recommendations for a good travel case? I already have this one:

ecc6fcf2-3664-4e45-9ff9-57e50a015b43.png

I would like to get a small one that will just hold the Switch. Should I just get the smaller RDS one or is there a recommended one?

81ud0JoRioL._AC_.jpg

they say the small one leaves some kind of weird marks on the back of your switch. if you take a look at the reviews of this item on amazon you will see.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Right. It's a Switch Lite release time and my girlfriend really wants a Switch. Figured this will be a nice present.
ERA, what do I need to buy besides console and some games? I have a transportation bag and SDXC card in mind but not sure which one to get. Anything else?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Just left my local wal mart. They have them in stock, and they were about to put them on the shelves a couple days ago; according to the store manager. While the register will ring up the sale, and it will go through, they were given an official memo to NOT sell the system until Friday, the 20th. Same goes with the Zelda game. :( He was pretty nice and honest about it.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
What a year for Nintendo in terms of published games - number is meta.

83 - Tetris 99
80 - Boxboy + Boxgirl
79 - Yoshi's Crafted World
70 - Nintendo Labo #4 VR Kit
86 - Cadence of Hyrule
88 - Super Mario Maker 2
85 - Dragon Quest Builders 2
73 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
89 - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
87 - Astral Chain
70 - Daemon x Machina
88 - Link's Awakening

XX - Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - DE
XX - Luigis Mansion 3
XX - Pokemon Sword & Shield

That's pretty amazing, outside of the two games by Square where Nintendo had publishing duties in the west they're all exclusives. It's very possible that we might see nine 85+ rated games published by Nintendo at year ends. That's mighty impressive.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else ever have the problem where the Switch unit stops detecting the physical connection to the Joycons? It's happening on the right side of mine. No matter what, it thinks the right Joycon is detached. It'll still charge, but it won't see it as attached. This means it can't be played in handheld mode. It can be played undocked, but the cons have to be detached, because if it detects the left one as attached and the right one as detached, it automatically kicks over to the "press L & R" screen.

Also, I know it's the unit, not the Joycons, because I have two sets, and it won't detect either.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
So I'mma new owner of a 2019 model of regular Switch now. Really would have wanted to get a Lite but stuff like Mario Odyssey having rumble based moons ect. just irk me too much now matter how minor it is. Odyssey being the first game I got too, I'll try to limit my purchases on the system and try to complete a game before buying a new one since my backlog on PS4 and PC is the stuff of legends.

Is there any good list on games that do not include the whole thing on the cartridge? Been pondering on going as much physical as possible but I'd rather not nab one of those where a digital copy would basically be the sensible option.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a Lite for my birthday.

Regarding primary accounts, do primary accounts work like the PS4, where I could play games from the primary account on a secondary account as long as my switch is marked as the primary console? And my friend can still play the games on his account fine that he's bought, without needing to activate it?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Anyone else ever have the problem where the Switch unit stops detecting the physical connection to the Joycons? It's happening on the right side of mine. No matter what, it thinks the right Joycon is detached. It'll still charge, but it won't see it as attached. This means it can't be played in handheld mode. It can be played undocked, but the cons have to be detached, because if it detects the left one as attached and the right one as detached, it automatically kicks over to the "press L & R" screen.

Also, I know it's the unit, not the Joycons, because I have two sets, and it won't detect either.

I've had this happen before (annoyingly while playing Smash online) several times and resetting the JoyCon connection usually does the job (whether it's the buttons on the side of the JoyCons or going to the main menu and outright deleting the old connection settings and reconnecting them).

swsp

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like to add an extra set of Joy-Cons to my new Switch, but I'm still holding out for the Orange/Purple pair. Hurry up, October 4!

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out yesterday that there's a new v2 Switch model out with much better battery life.

I was considering going for the Lite ( I own OG Switch) but now I'm think the V2 will be a better choice.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Don't want to make a separate thread so I thought I'd ask here:

Any thoughts on the new Hori Split Pad Pro?