• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I currently own an original Nintendo Switch model (2017). I have been playing a lot in handheld mode for games like Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Dragon Quest XI S -- it really feels good to play that way. However, I'd like to mention that whenever friends come, we play on the TV, so the Nintendo Switch Lite isn't an option here unfortunately.

I read that the new version of the Switch has a very improved battery life, so I am very interested on that. Nonetheless, I am not sure if I should just wait for the possible "Pro" version announcement. That extended battery life would prove quite useful but if there is a better version on the horizon, I guess it would be better to wait, right? Best case scenario would be to get the new version and then sell it when a Pro version comes around -- in case it does.

TLDR: Is the extended battery life Nintendo Switch worth it if I already own an original Nintendo Switch that I use to play on the TV when friends come but that I use as a handheld the rest of the time?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I currently own an original Nintendo Switch model (2017). I have been playing a lot in handheld mode for games like Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Dragon Quest XI S -- it really feels good to play that way. However, I'd like to mention that whenever friends come, we play on the TV, so the Nintendo Switch Lite isn't an option here unfortunately.

I read that the new version of the Switch has a very improved battery life, so I am very interested on that. Nonetheless, I am not sure if I should just wait for the possible "Pro" version announcement. That extended battery life would prove quite useful but if there is a better version on the horizon, I guess it would be better to wait, right? Best case scenario would be to get the new version and then sell it when a Pro version comes around -- in case it does.

TLDR: Is the extended battery life Nintendo Switch worth it if I already own an original Nintendo Switch that I use to play on the TV when friends come but that I use as a handheld the rest of the time?

I would just get a battery pack. There are some that clip directly onto the Switch.

Brokenrobot

Jul 12, 2018
Gotta say as someone who is lukewarm on Nintendo's first party stuff (except Animal Crossing) I am loving their third party push right now. If you told me last gen that I would be playing civ, the Witcher, planescape, and frigging deadly premonition on a Nintendo console I would have called you a crazy person. This is what it must have been like back in the snes days.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
I want to buy an ethernet adapter for my Nintendo Switch because of latency issues in Overwatch. If anyone using share his impressions with it?
Is it really overheating or just warming up to the touch?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So my worst nightmare happened. Spent a bunch of money importing the new Dragon Quest Switch bundle, opened it up and it has two stuck pixels.

I'm guessing I can't pay for my Nintendo (UK) to do a screen replacement, so what are my options?

Not sure sending it back to Japan is worth the time, effort and cost...

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo recommendations for an SD card for Switch. Something I can purchase off Amazon or pick up at Best Buy or Target.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
I want to buy an ethernet adapter for my Nintendo Switch because of latency issues in Overwatch. If anyone using share his impressions with it?
Is it really overheating or just warming up to the touch?

I keep my Switch docked 24x7 with the Ethernet adapter (which I purchased directly from Nintendo's US online store). The Switch does not "overheat". It is merely warm. It's harmless.

I originally bought the Ethernet adapter for the Wii U because Xenoblade Chronicles X constantly disconnected from the online server when I played it over WiFi. After getting the Ethernet adapter it never lost the connection again. When I bought the Switch, it "inherited" the adapter from the Wii U. I have had zero problems with it.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I'm having trouble deciding if I should buy a:

- Pro Controller
- 8BitDo SF30 Pro+
- 8Bitdo adaptar to use a PS4 controller

I'm more inclined for the Pro Controller, but it is the most expensive option, and if it isn't THAT better than the alternatives...!

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having trouble deciding if I should buy a:

- Pro Controller
- 8BitDo SF30 Pro+
- 8Bitdo adaptar to use a PS4 controller

I'm more inclined for the Pro Controller, but it is the most expensive option, and if it isn't THAT better than the alternatives...!
Pro Controller is IMO leaps better than PS4 at least. Don't have SF30, but if you want to decide between those two I'd choose Pro any day.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like im about to run out of space on my SDcard in my Switch. Has anyone here had to upgrade to a larger SDcard and deal with transferring the data from the old one to the new one? Reading the guide on Nintendo's website now and man lol. All I care about is the save game data, I can always just redownload the actual games. Can I use the Cloud Save Data thing to do this if I sign up for the Online service?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
So it looks like im about to run out of space on my SDcard in my Switch. Has anyone here had to upgrade to a larger SDcard and deal with transferring the data from the old one to the new one? Reading the guide on Nintendo's website now and man lol. All I care about is the save game data, I can always just redownload the actual games. Can I use the Cloud Save Data thing to do this if I sign up for the Online service?
Game saves are in internal storage.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

Switching and upgrading to a larger microSD card is easy. Basically drag and drop, and that's it. Nothing else to it. Unless, you don't have a PC and something to connect the microSD card to it...

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I'm gonna get the expansion pass for BotW and do another play through, which I haven't done since launch. Just wondering if hard mode was worthwhile?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
So... bought a Switch Lite and made it my primary and then downloaded a number of games and installed games via Cards... does the Time Played not carry over? Seems to on some games but not all. Some where I had well over 100 hours played now say "Started 10 min ago" or something like that. Will it update to the correct time played after 10 days?

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
So... bought a Switch Lite and made it my primary and then downloaded a number of games and installed games via Cards... does the Time Played not carry over? Seems to on some games but not all. Some where I had well over 100 hours played now say "Started 10 min ago" or something like that. Will it update to the correct time played after 10 days?

Not 100% on this, but I think it can take a little while before things fully sync up, likely dependent on how many records you had transferred over.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
My stuff never linked up correctly.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure how it works at all.

I did a System Transfer when I got the New Switch from my old one and my Play History hours carried over, but if I go into view all all sort by Most Played it only organizes by the games I've played the most on the new system.

My Switch Lite which I only logged in to my account on shows all the games I've played and all their hours even if they're not downloaded to the system. I'm not yet sure if it combines the hours played on each system together.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how it works at all.

I did a System Transfer when I got the New Switch from my old one and my Play History hours carried over, but if I go into view all all sort by Most Played it only organizes by the games I've played the most on the new system.

My Switch Lite which I only logged in to my account on shows all the games I've played and all their hours even if they're not downloaded to the system. I'm not yet sure if it combines the hours played on each system together.

Just so frustrating how Nintendo half asses everything it seems. I have 3 Xbox Ones and they just sync and work, stats and all.

VulcanRaven

alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Just did a system transfer from OG switch to my new switch lite. Love it so far!

should I get a screen protector though?

never had one on my original model because it was always in a carrying case. Haven't found a good switch lite case yet but I am working on that

even with case, is it still worth it?

I used to had putting them on older handhelds because I could never get it aligned perfect and you'd get bubbles and dust under it

But I heard they make "glass" ones for switch that don't scratch as easy and apply just fine. Thoughts?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Just did a system transfer from OG switch to my new switch lite. Love it so far!

should I get a screen protector though?

never had one on my original model because it was always in a carrying case. Haven't found a good switch lite case yet but I am working on that

even with case, is it still worth it?

I used to had putting them on older handhelds because I could never get it aligned perfect and you'd get bubbles and dust under it

But I heard they make "glass" ones for switch that don't scratch as easy and apply just fine. Thoughts?
Tempered glass screen protectors are always the way to go, very easy to apply and more protective.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I just got a Switch Lite. I never really used my OG switch, on account of not really caring for Docked play and the fact that most of the games on the system I already owned on other consoles (Wii U and PC), but I am seriously digging the Lite. I picked up the Amnesia collection and Planescape just to give them a swing on the system and thought they were pretty impressive!

I generally don't like to play things on systems other than PC if I can help it, but I might start using this lite for things like VNs, older ports, and things that don't really have extra features like cheevos or stuff.

The original switch was shocking as a handheld experience, but it wasn't until playing Amnesia on the Lite that I was like "whoa, this is *full fledged real gaming* on a handheld." Yes, the Vita is cool, and I love Indies as much as everyone else, but I was really wowed by seeing Amnesia on a portable.

Are there any other unsung 3D games on the system that may similarly wow me? I already did BOTW on Wii U and Odyssey on my OG switch, and I own Smash already. I'm looking for recs that aren't just the obvious Indies I've already played on PC.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I just got a Switch Lite. I never really used my OG switch, on account of not really caring for Docked play and the fact that most of the games on the system I already owned on other consoles (Wii U and PC), but I am seriously digging the Lite. I picked up the Amnesia collection and Planescape just to give them a swing on the system and thought they were pretty impressive!

I generally don't like to play things on systems other than PC if I can help it, but I might start using this lite for things like VNs, older ports, and things that don't really have extra features like cheevos or stuff.

The original switch was shocking as a handheld experience, but it wasn't until playing Amnesia on the Lite that I was like "whoa, this is *full fledged real gaming* on a handheld." Yes, the Vita is cool, and I love Indies as much as everyone else, but I was really wowed by seeing Amnesia on a portable.

Are there any other unsung 3D games on the system that may similarly wow me? I already did BOTW on Wii U and Odyssey on my OG switch, and I own Smash already. I'm looking for recs that aren't just the obvious Indies I've already played on PC.

Thanks!
You mean like Dragon Quest XI? That one impressed me a lot.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
So I wanna get a switch lite but I'm super worried about he drifting thing. Never had drifting issues in any of my joycons though, so I kinda got paranoid over this because of what I've been seing on youtube, reddit and gamefaqs.

Any of you here have experienced the drift on a lite?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
So I wanna get a switch lite but I'm super worried about he drifting thing. Never had drifting issues in any of my joycons though, so I kinda got paranoid over this because of what I've been seing on youtube, reddit and gamefaqs.

Any of you here have experienced the drift on a lite?
I have three OG switch systems, one new switch (the better battery life one), and a lite, and none of those five systems have had any drift at all.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Which of these two SD cards should i get as my 128GB is nearly full

Is the extra 112gig worth the price?

Also how hard is it to transfer your games from your old SD Card to your new one? Will it fuck up my saves?

Your saves are on your console. You'll have to redownload all your games if you get a new SD Card. No transferring.

CoachKevin

Oct 25, 2017
I am in the market for a new Micro SD card, either a 256 or 400/512GB one. What is the go to for performance/value these days?

Are the Sandisk Extremes overkill?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 14, 2017
My splatoon pro controller is experiencing the drift on the right analog stick. It appears that the same pieces were used on the pro controller

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Switch and I am looking at getting a Switch Lite for my Wife and Daughter, what are some good co-op games that we would would be able to play across the two systems? I have Minecraft and Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing is definitely on my radar for March but what else is there?

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Switch and I am looking at getting a Switch Lite for my Wife and Daughter, what are some good co-op games that we would would be able to play across the two systems? I have Minecraft and Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing is definitely on my radar for March but what else is there?

Im being asked the same( friends not family) they are angling for Marvel UA.

Which I don't own myself. I think it's quite in-depth and requires levelling/skill spreading though.

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone know how I can purchase digital game codes for a different region? I want to send a gift to someone in Korea, but I think download codes from Amazon would be region restricted. I could ask them to create a NA account but want to keep the process simple as possible.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Looking at picking up one of these for my 5 year daughter and me. Haven't had a Nintendo since N64 and currently have an XOX.

What games do you recommend besides Mario Kart and Odyssey?

Is the Pro controller worth it for adults? I'm used to using my Xbox Elite.

What size SD card? I haven't decided if we use physical or digital though I imagine there's better prices on physical games? Is there a good resale market?

I know last question is personal preferred but red/blue or all gray system? I feel like gray is bland and boring but then again the bright red/blue could be distracting when playing in handheld mode?

Any other advice in advance or new owner?

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
With Pokemon coming out soon I'm thinking of getting Nintendo Switch Online. I have a couple of questions about the family plan, if anyone can answer them.

1) Is it region free? Like if I buy it on a EU nintendo account can I add a NA or JP nintendo account to the family?
2) Can I add users on different consoles?

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at picking up one of these for my 5 year daughter and me. Haven't had a Nintendo since N64 and currently have an XOX.

What games do you recommend besides Mario Kart and Odyssey?

Is the Pro controller worth it for adults? I'm used to using my Xbox Elite.

What size SD card? I haven't decided if we use physical or digital though I imagine there's better prices on physical games? Is there a good resale market?

I know last question is personal preferred but red/blue or all gray system? I feel like gray is bland and boring but then again the bright red/blue could be distracting when playing in handheld mode?

Any other advice in advance or new owner?

Thanks!
Depends what sorts of games you like mate? And do you only want co op games with your daughter etc? Personally I loved mario rabbids - and Luigis mansion is great co op wise.

Yes get the Pro - I use it whenever it's docked. Great controller

Personally I'd say at least 128 if you're going digital, but I'm getting a 256 soon to replace my 128 as almost full. Depends how many games you're going to get etc

I went for neon - don't find it distracting at all. I've since bought the yellows and also the other red/blue combo. I don't like different colours on so rock all yellow, blue or red.

Enjoy!