• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Any of you have experience with this bluetooth adapter for the Switch? Amazon link

I wanna use my bluetooth earbuds with the Switch. I think this adapter might also work with my TV (?), which is a plus, if possible.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
What are the best screen protectors for the Switch?

I know people prefer their glass screen protectors, so I'll probably be in the minority, but I've always hated how visible glass screen protectors are. I've been a big fan of the Hori screen protectors because of how they do the application method which makes it really simple to apply and it looks pretty much invisible on the system.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Just upgraded my sd card. is there anyway to transfer over my stuff? what's the best way to go about this?

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I got hit by the dreaded Joy-Con Drift. I hadn't noticed it in a while 'cause I almost exclusively use the Pro controller. I bought an extra set of Joy-Cons last night since they're $20 off at a few places, just so I have something while I send my originals in for repair

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
What's the best carry case for a new owner in the UK? Preferably plain black looking.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I know people prefer their glass screen protectors, so I'll probably be in the minority, but I've always hated how visible glass screen protectors are. I've been a big fan of the Hori screen protectors because of how they do the application method which makes it really simple to apply and it looks pretty much invisible on the system.

Don't the non-glass ones add graininess to the display? My switch with a glass screen protector looks stock when looking at the screen.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New Switch owner here.

Is there really much benefit to having separate profiles for each member of the family (outside of online matchmaking)?

The couch multiplayer games we've been playing don't ask for secondary profiles (unlike on PS4 and Wii/WiiU) and most games with lengthy campaigns allow for multiple save slots. The downsides to having multiple profiles are that unlocks in Smash/MK8/etc. aren't shared, there's added complexity/room for mistakes, and NSO family plans are significantly more expensive than single plans.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
New Switch owner here.

Is there really much benefit to having separate profiles for each member of the family (outside of online matchmaking)?

The couch multiplayer games we've been playing don't ask for secondary profiles (unlike on PS4 and Wii/WiiU) and most games with lengthy campaigns allow for multiple save slots. The downsides to having multiple profiles are that unlocks in Smash/MK8/etc. aren't shared, there's added complexity/room for mistakes, and NSO family plans are significantly more expensive than single plans.

Some games like Pokemon have only a single save file, but you can still have multiple different playthroughs by having different profiles.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have seen absolutely zero discussion on the ZEN Star Wars Pinball collection.

Is it worth the $30+ asking price? I'd love to hear some thoughts from people playing it on Switch. How does it play? Performance?

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
How scratched are the contact pins on your Switch cartridges? Issues with reading your scratched cartridges, if any?

I'm supposed to be 100% digital, but I couldn't resist some of these BF sales. I bought some used Switch games from GameStop and I've never seen this before, but there are vertical scratches going straight down all of the contact pins for my cartridges. I know this was relatively common with DS and 3DS cartridges, so I'm hoping Switch games are just as indestructible.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I have seen absolutely zero discussion on the ZEN Star Wars Pinball collection.

Is it worth the $30+ asking price? I'd love to hear some thoughts from people playing it on Switch. How does it play? Performance?
I think it's worth it for sure. Seems to play pretty smooth and love being able to play in tate mode or landscape.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got a Switch Lite as a secondary Switch, to avoid heated battles with my partner for screen time with Animal Crossing in March. I will not, however, be moving my main console to the Lite to play offline on the go. It's not ideal, but I need my launch Switch to continue being the main as I am of the understanding that my digital games are only authorized for play by other users on the main console — Is this actually true? I think this could be misinterpretation.

Anyway, I generally preferred docked play early on with the Switch BUT I ended up using it about 95% portable owing SOLELY to the fact that I can play Switch at my job during downtime, and portable play really grew on me as a result, so I have no issues giving my OG to my partner and rolling with the Lite — the slight ergonomic improvements (imo) make it perfect for me.

There's also a guest wifi network at work that I can stay connected to for authorizing my games with the servers. I'll be buying Animal Crossing both physical and digital to give my partner and I a bit of flexibility, mostly so I can ensure full access even offline.

I wish I could do the secondary Switch life standard like most people but my partner needs access to my digital games, so the OG Switch I just gave them needs to be the primary to my knowledge. The AC cart will be my first physical game ever for the Switch, and maybe the last, as AC's impending release is the whole reason I need a secondary Switch at all — my partner and I are both massive AC fans, lol

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Went ahead and ordered the Mario red joycon Walmart bundle. But, I'm uneasy about it. I've wondered for a while if I really want a switch, or moreso just want to play Smash Bros.

PS4 has plenty of games I've yet to get to, and when you're about to buy and receive a new console you should be jumping for joy, and I'm just wondering to myself, "really, do you actually want one?"

So, I guess I'll hold onto it for a bit, receipt in hand, and give it a little time. I'm a very indecisive person, so it doesn't help. My point is, I just don't think Nintendo holds my interest.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
My Switchv2 joycons feel so firmly attached to the console that I don't dare detaching them... Am I thinking this too much ? xD

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
Went ahead and ordered the Mario red joycon Walmart bundle. But, I'm uneasy about it. I've wondered for a while if I really want a switch, or moreso just want to play Smash Bros.

PS4 has plenty of games I've yet to get to, and when you're about to buy and receive a new console you should be jumping for joy, and I'm just wondering to myself, "really, do you actually want one?"

So, I guess I'll hold onto it for a bit, receipt in hand, and give it a little time. I'm a very indecisive person, so it doesn't help. My point is, I just don't think Nintendo holds my interest.
That's kind of where I'm sitting right now. Just picked up a Switch Lite, and honestly kind of regretting it. Every game seems to cost more on the Switch than the PS4 (ie FFX/FFXII, Skyrim, Witcher 3, etc) and all of the Nintendo games still cost $50-$60. I don't see myself buying many games.

I've been spoiled by the PS4, lol.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I have a kinda weird question. I have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the Torna DLC as digital purchases.

If I bought the physical version of the base game, would my DLC purchase work with it? I prefer switch games on cart and I'd like to save space, but I haven't played Torna yet and I won't buy it a second time, so, just curious if anyone knows how this sort of thing works.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Is there anything I should do to test the screen? Just opened my v2 and wanted to make it's good besides the obvious dead pixels if there were any. Guess I'm used to testing OLEDs too much :)

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
That's kind of where I'm sitting right now. Just picked up a Switch Lite, and honestly kind of regretting it. Every game seems to cost more on the Switch than the PS4 (ie FFX/FFXII, Skyrim, Witcher 3, etc) and all of the Nintendo games still cost $50-$60. I don't see myself buying many games.

I've been spoiled by the PS4, lol.
I cancelled it once, then reordered the next day...

I'm very concerned about joy con drift. I got both SSBU and Zelda for $70, which is a deal considering Nintendo. But again, when it does arrive I'll be afraid to even open it.

Like I said I'll just sit on it, and think it over I suppose. Not something I normally do, but alas here I am.

Oct 27, 2017
I finally repaired the stick of my left Joycon. I got a kit from Amazon for 14€ and I followed a few tutorials on Youtube. It's the first time I'm dissembling a piece of hardware and it was quite easy - although re-inserting the ribbon cables required a lot of patience.

Oct 27, 2017
I finally repaired the stick of my left Joycon. I got a kit from Amazon for 14€ and I followed a few tutorials on Youtube. It's the first time I'm dissembling a piece of hardware and it was quite easy - although re-inserting the ribbon cables required a lot of patience.

The ribbon cables kind of stressed me out when I was repairing mine. It felt like they wouldn't go all the way in. But then I took a closer look and it turned out they were longer on the replacements than the original. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems, fortunately. Anyway, I'm glad I replaced my sticks. Contact cleaner was giving me diminishing returns and they're more or less fine now. I'll probably have to do it again in like half a year though.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, hoping people here can help me out.

I have An OG switch. My kids use it as well. We went all out this year and got both of them a switch lite.

Now they mostly play physical games (Pokemon amongst others).

How can I make sure they can continue their current game on their new switch?

Do I just need to make sure that on both switches (my OG and their new ones) they use a profiel with the Same Nintendo ID linked to it?
Will that make sure it picks up the original saved game?

I read about the whole secondary and primary console stuff, but that just focuses on digital games....

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
So, now that the Switch Lite has been out for many months, what's people opinion about it?

Since it's been announced, I've been very tempted to buy it as I play 100% in portable mode and I almost never docked my Switch. As much as I love the OG Switch, it's great to play in my apartment or Hotel, but I've never used it outside, during transit or else.

Thing is, I was still worried the Lite would still be too big, and I decided I wouldn't buy one before having the opportunity to get one in my hands first. And so did I a few days ago. It was in demonstration in a Shop and I finally could hold it, and first impression has been really really great!

So, I'm wondering what's people people opinion about it after some months? Did it really holds up regarding portability? Do you feel like you're taking your Switch more with you outside and playing in different context thanks to its smaller size and weight? Is the battery okay so far?

Also, is there anything from the OG Switch you're missing? I'm a bit worried about losing the Rumble if switching to the Lite, but maybe it's not that important.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I just opened our v2 switch last night. Being new to the switch, anything to look out for or check out to make sure nothing is wrong it within return period?

Screen? Controllers? Etc?

Any settings to adjust? I saw there's auto screen brightness...on or off?

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
I just opened our v2 switch last night. Being new to the switch, anything to look out for or check out to make sure nothing is wrong it within return period?

Looks like this thread is largely dead. I'd ask somewhere else. I'll probably have the same question as well here shortly.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Looks like this thread is largely dead. I'd ask somewhere else. I'll probably have the same question as well here shortly.

Nah, the thread's still alive - it's just that there isn't really anything that you need to worry about along these lines. With the Switch, once your account is set up you're pretty much good to go straight out of the box - one of the benefits of the simplicity of the OS.

The only thing that I can think to mention is the potential for "joy-con drift", but that doesn't tend to happen for quite a while and will generally be fixed by Nintendo even when out of warranty.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, hoping people here can help me out.

I have An OG switch. My kids use it as well. We went all out this year and got both of them a switch lite.

Now they mostly play physical games (Pokemon amongst others).

How can I make sure they can continue their current game on their new switch?

Do I just need to make sure that on both switches (my OG and their new ones) they use a profiel with the Same Nintendo ID linked to it?
Will that make sure it picks up the original saved game?

I read about the whole secondary and primary console stuff, but that just focuses on digital games....

Do your kids have separate profiles on your OG Switch? And are those profiles linked to their own Nintendo ID/account? If yes to both questions, then you can transfer the save data for each individual game to their respective profiles on their Switch Lites.

Here's how to do it: https://en-americas-support.nintend...-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch-system

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Has anyone gotten the Switch Lite Flip Cover at a US retailer yet? I thought they were supposed to start showing up this past week but I feel like I've seen some sites say Dec 8 (which is today -- can't remember which site I saw saying this), and GameStop is saying Dec 18 now.

It's a really cool cover, hoping to grab one ASAP.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Hey everyone idk if this is the right place to ask, but are there any GameCube like controller recommendations for the switch? I had a wireless one by PowerA, but the B button has been sticking lately so I'm hunting for a new one. Might just get that again, but curious if there are better options.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone idk if this is the right place to ask, but are there any GameCube like controller recommendations for the switch? I had a wireless one by PowerA, but the B button has been sticking lately so I'm hunting for a new one. Might just get that again, but curious if there are better options.

Wulffden looked at a bunch of GameCube like controllers about a year ago.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought my son (6) a switch for Xmas. How do you guys handle family accounts? Should I make him his own? I buy our games online so no carts to lose, but I am not sure how to handle this.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought my son (6) a switch for Xmas. How do you guys handle family accounts? Should I make him his own? I buy our games online so no carts to lose, but I am not sure how to handle this.
My daughter (5) wants a switch. I am interested to know if you bought a Lite or regular one.
I am thinking about a Lite for her birthday if I can afford it.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter (5) wants a switch. I am interested to know if you bought a Lite or regular one.
I am thinking about a Lite for her birthday if I can afford it.

I went for the lite. It fits his hands much better and those side controllers won't break off from normal play. Mine are loose and I almost never play it in handheld. He won't be docking it much and could use mine if needed. But really, all the advantages of the lite outweighed the normal one for us.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a Mumba case for my OG Switch after getting one for my Lite and absolutely loving it.

The only problem is that, despite claiming it is, it's definitely not dockable. At least, I haven't been able to dock mine. I have both an official dock and a mini-dock by Basstop, neither of which are compatible with the case. Does anyone know of any dock replacement that can fit this case?

I don't want to get one of those "portable" docks that are a USB C cable connected to an external converter, though. I prefer to have an actual base where I can let my Switch charge for the night.