• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Can you get pictures off the switch by connecting the power to usb to a computer? Or do you need to take the flash card out and get an adapter to plug it into a computer?

I have too many pictures to go through a twitter posting mess.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for Switch games (released within the last ... month or so) that i can play while my girlfriend watches shit on Netflix? - so nothing narrative heavy.
Just got done with Steamworld Heist...

Oct 25, 2017
I was poking around in My Nintendo today for some reason, and I'm really hoping that we get some news of Nintendo Switch rewards soon. I'm only expecting purchasable discounts on eShop games at most, but still, I have many coins and have only used them once to buy a phone wallpaper.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Do you guys have recommendations for primarily Nintendo YouTube channels, or general video game news?

I follow switchforce, gameXplain, spawn wave, RGT85, Nintendo life

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Been playing mostly with separated Joy Cons, also.

Works fine in Zelda and MK8, but 8n Splatoon 2 it feels like the joystick should also be on the top, just like the left Joycon.

I always struggle a bit to get the right position with my thumb lol
Another thing is that the sticks have "more room to travel" compared to the joy cons. So setting the sensitivity in Zelda to the fastest and aiming with the bow is no longer an issue. It was way too sensitive on the joy cons. I have large hands but the main issue I had were the tiny analog sticks... The pro controller is absolutely worth it.

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any Switch games possibly in danger of running out of physical copies?

I know I had this problem with the Vita because I'd wait for a game to get cheaper and it would go up in price instead because of the limited amount of physical copies.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
So I've noticed that my switch controller has a problem with its left analog stick. Sometimes when pushing forward it seems to have trouble detecting that I'm doing so. For example when running in Zelda, Link will suddenly just come to a dead stop. Going through calibration doesn't seem to be helping and re-pairing it didn't do anything, so I'm guessing that it's a hardware issue. However I've been on phone hold for about an hour now and I'm starting to think that I'm not going to get anyone. Am I SOL? I really can't afford a new pro controller but there doesn't seem to be any other way to set up a repair order.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any Switch games possibly in danger of running out of physical copies?

I know I had this problem with the Vita because I'd wait for a game to get cheaper and it would go up in price instead because of the limited amount of physical copies.

Puyo Puyo tetris I think only got limited amounts of physical copies for Switch.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Do you guys have recommendations for primarily Nintendo YouTube channels, or general video game news?

I follow switchforce, gameXplain, spawn wave, RGT85, Nintendo life

Wiiviewer and Vanburen20 are two favorites of mine who are rather obscure compared to the ones you listed. Wiiviewer's been doing it for ten years, too

Beatemups
8-bit Eric
Switch Planet (if you want to get trailer spammed on upcoming releases)

Arlo is pretty good too.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I have been thinking about buying a Hori Pokken Tournament controller primarily to play SNK fighters (thanks Hamster). The button layout seems like it would be fine for most/any Neo Geo game. Is this the best D-Pad you can get for the Switch or is there a better option out there?

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
Limited Run Games' first Switch release I believe
edit: Well, first Switch announcement actually. Other tweet says it won't be the first one to release.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice! @ Saturday Morning RPG LRG. I wonder what their first release will be.

LRG is always tricky for me. They are always games that look interesting but I'm not sure that I want to pay extra for physical, or they are games that I've played and loved, and want a physical copy of. Either way, $$$!!

Jan 15, 2018
I got a Switch last week alongside The Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild and Splatoon 2. Hopefully the former (which I've been playing) lives up to the hype.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So once i've finished Mario Rabbids i'll be out of games to play.

Looking for recommendations on a game i can pick up and play quick 20-30 min bursts of, playthrough not much longer than 20-30 hours maybe?
Not a massive fan of metroid style games, tried shovel knight and it's way too hard for me to enjoy it.
I liked the look of stardew valley but i think the campaign is going to be too long really. Maybe i could try Doom or Wolfenstein 2?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Can you get pictures off the switch by connecting the power to usb to a computer? Or do you need to take the flash card out and get an adapter to plug it into a computer?

I have too many pictures to go through a twitter posting mess.

I have not read about anyone ever connecting directly to a PC to download pictures. I'm only aware of the SD card solution where you remove it and plug it into the PC.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
So I've noticed that my switch controller has a problem with its left analog stick. Sometimes when pushing forward it seems to have trouble detecting that I'm doing so. For example when running in Zelda, Link will suddenly just come to a dead stop. Going through calibration doesn't seem to be helping and re-pairing it didn't do anything, so I'm guessing that it's a hardware issue. However I've been on phone hold for about an hour now and I'm starting to think that I'm not going to get anyone. Am I SOL? I really can't afford a new pro controller but there doesn't seem to be any other way to set up a repair order.

Where did you buy it from? Is it possible to make a return?

Also, there is a specific article related to the pro controller stick issue on Nintendo's website: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22738/p/897/c/715

It will walk you through a few possible solutions and, if they don't work, there is a link at the bottom to setup a repair (which may or may not cost money, I haven't done it). It's probably the same phone number you are calling now but I would try again.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone, just got a switch and I am looking to buy some stuff from the eshop. I do not like using credit card/paypal/etc. on online purchases so I am looking for legit sites that sell eshop cards. Is https://egiftcards24.com a safe one? They seem to support paysafecard payments which I would prefer.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I bought a Nintendo Switch last week and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. I have to ask though, what size Micro SD card does everyone recommend. I see the 128 GB is pretty affordable but I was wondering if I should fork over the additional cash to get a 200GB?

I'm mostly buying physical, but I know the install sizes for games can definitely vary.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I bought a Nintendo Switch last week and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. I have to ask though, what size Micro SD card does everyone recommend. I see the 128 GB is pretty affordable but I was wondering if I should fork over the additional cash to get a 200GB?

I'm mostly buying physical, but I know the install sizes for games can definitely vary.
Get the 200gb. It's worth the peace of mind.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
If you're mostly buying physical 128 should be fine. I mostly have physical games and I have a 64 gig that still has plenty of space.

Even most of the eShop games are tiny. I'd only worry if you plan to buy AAA games digitally.

Confusatron

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Just picked up Golf Story this weekend (several months late to the party). What a silly, fun, addictive game! The mechanics are simple, the story is goofy, but I can't stop playing! Super purchase at $15. Highly recommended to any others who, like me, were lagging behind in grabbing it.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm currently way into Golf Story. Great mechanics, super charming, and the music is great.

I actually thought the mechanics were a little more complex than I expected, given the game.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
It's essentially an arcade style golf game with a light RPG/quest wrapper and a charming presentation (sort of half Aussie snark and half Charles Schultz Peanuts). You don't have to like golf but if you don't enjoy video golf in the Hot Shots vein maybe give it a pass.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
I've logged over 1,200 hours of Isaac and don't have any noteworthy complaints about its performance.
The main issue of note early on was some perpetual crashing during leaderboard updates for daily runs but they've largely been addressed via patches.
Thanks, was concerned because of the series' history with the 3ds & wii u.
-
I just want to throw out my dream port. If a "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together" came out for switch then i'll be able to peacefully retire my vita.

Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
So what do you OCD people like me do to protect the back of your Switch? Just sent my whole system which I had since launch to Nintendo, including my 2nd bent dock which they already replaced but still left 2 huge marks on the backplate. The Nyko slim case seems to be the only one you can use while docked, but even then it got pretty mixed reviews.

Also sent both my grey joy-cons, the finish was deteriorating way too quickly. Wasn't using them that much either since I mainly game with my Pro controller. Ordered some cheap clear protective joy-con plastic cases on eBay. Will get the PDP silicone gels if those don't work out.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Probably been asked dozens of times. How big of an SD card is big enough? I'm gonna buy the main Nintendo games physically but love indie games.

teflontactics

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Probably been asked dozens of times. How big of an SD card is big enough? I'm gonna buy the main Nintendo games physically but love indie games.
Most of all it depends on how many games you plan on buying, I suppose. I hit the limit of my internal + 64GB combo with about 70 games - including none of the excessively huge titles that are available physically (ie; when available for big games, I went physical). You could probably get away with more if they were all very tiny, but a few of mine were between 4 and 9GB.

IMO, 128GB is a good sweet spot for beginners and those planning for long term - based on price and the jump in it when talking about bigger cards. 128GB can be had for cheap often, and goes a long way - though isn't entirely future proof for heavy gamers.

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
Read through the entire OT in the past week or two and I'm proud to be a new switch owner after trading in my old PS4 (still have a pro, I'm not crazy.)

I also got Mario Odyssey and a carrying case (the matching Odyssey one) but that's all I can afford at the moment. Over time I'll probably amass quite a library on this thing like my Vita and ps4 though.

My only question is if anyone has bought this charging bank? I've never heard of the name before I just think it looks like it would fit in my carry case well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FGQTF9/?tag=era0f0-20

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
So what do you OCD people like me do to protect the back of your Switch? Just sent my whole system which I had since launch to Nintendo, including my 2nd bent dock which they already replaced but still left 2 huge marks on the backplate. The Nyko slim case seems to be the only one you can use while docked, but even then it got pretty mixed reviews.

Also sent both my grey joy-cons, the finish was deteriorating way too quickly. Wasn't using them that much either since I mainly game with my Pro controller. Ordered some cheap clear protective joy-con plastic cases on eBay. Will get the PDP silicone gels if those don't work out.

No solution seems to that great for me don't like the feel of grip cases, gonna buy another back plate and just replace it once it annoys me enough.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Something's odd with my Switch. Whenever I put it to sleep undocked, it instantly disconnects from wifi. I press the power button to put it to sleep then immediately wake it up again just to see an empty wifi icon. This is a bit annoying because I can't download from sleep mode. I'm almost certain I've downloaded stuff before this way, but I can't find anything in the settings.

Edit: Tried plugging it in. Same thing.

Last edited: