• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've asked this before in the past, but I really would love if we could get a dedicated spreadsheet for folks who want to add each other for playing the online NES games. I still haven't tried any of the 2D games and would love to have a few peeps that I could play some retro games with (and use discord or some other voice chat function to boot).

So until we get an actual list going, let me just post my friend code. Add me if you're interested:

SW-6084-3366-9126

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I am seeking opinions about Pro Controller options for the Switch.

You see, I bought a Wii U Pro Controller several years ago, and I liked using it a lot. Obviously, it's not being used right now, but that could change if I were to buy this 8bitdo Wireless Bluetooth adapter I've heard about for $20. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786JC6VW

However, I've also been hearing really positive opinions about the Switch Pro Controller. So, if I already like the Wii U Pro Controller, is the Switch Pro Controller that much better that it warrants a purchase?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
This is probably a silly question, but if I move my account to a new Switch, will all my purchased games on the current one get locked or deleted?

If I were to buy that rumoured new Switch in the future and give my current one to someone else, would they be able to play the games I had bought while owning it? Or would the share function be the only option here?

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
This is probably a silly question, but if I move my account to a new Switch, will all my purchased games on the current one get locked or deleted?

If I were to buy that rumoured new Switch in the future and give my current one to someone else, would they be able to play the games I had bought while owning it? Or would the share function be the only option here?

You happily have several choices.
  1. You simply add your account to the new console, and download a second copy of all games, and play them on both consoles. No problem, since they are tied to your account.
  2. You delete your account, games and data files on the first console, and put your account on the second console as primary, and start over again with full access to all your games, since they are tied to your account. Then you can sell your other console if you want.
  3. You do a console transfer, with both consoles in the same room. All your save data and profile data and games are moved from one console to the other console. Then you can sell your other console if you want.
  4. Create a new account on the new console and not have access to anything on your old console. No one would intentionally do this.
So, the answer is no.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
You happily have several choices.
  1. You simply add your account to the new console, and download a second copy of all games, and play them on both consoles. No problem, since they are tied to your account.
  2. You delete your account, games and data files on the first console, and put your account on the second console as primary, and start over again with full access to all your games, since they are tied to your account. Then you can sell your other console if you want.
  3. You do a console transfer, with both consoles in the same room. All your save data and profile data and games are moved from one console to the other console. Then you can sell your other console if you want.
  4. Create a new account on the new console and not have access to anything on your old console. No one would intentionally do this.
So, the answer is no.
edited: wrong answer...

Last edited:

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. you still have to deactivate the account on one of them. You can only use one at a time.

You can have your account on more than one switch, and play one copy of a game on two switches at the same time.

Just one of them is a primary console. Which means you need the original switch to do this once.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what youre saying.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
You can have your account on more than one switch, and play one copy of a game on two switches at the same time.

Just one of them is a primary console. Which means you need the original switch to do this once.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what youre saying.

Also, it's easy to switch which is primary and which is secondary through the eShop.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I've been loving my Pokemon themed Switch, but have been hesitant to dock it in fear it'll scrape/fade the Pikachu and Eevee decals on the back over time.

I ordered a Rytaki adapter to use in lieu of the dock, and it's been working fantastically for the 6 hours I spent with it today.

That said, all the naysaying against third party dock replacements have me concerned. The reviews for this are solid, but I figured I'd just see if there's anything I should keep an eye out for.

Thanks!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just got a Switch!

Need game ideas, already got a 200 GB SD card on Amazon.

Currently on list to get;

Bayonetta 1+2 bundle
Into The Breach
Stardew Vally
BoTW

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
I just got a Switch!

Need game ideas, already got a 200 GB SD card on Amazon.

Currently on list to get;

Bayonetta 1+2 bundle
Into The Breach
Stardew Vally
BoTW

Thats some meaty game selection you got on your list. Cant say anything on Stardew yet, but the other games are really, really qualtity ones. You could name your favourite genres to get more accurate suggestions. But with the named games you will probably have a ton of fun.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thats some meaty game selection you got on your list. Cant say anything on Stardew yet, but the other games are really, really qualtity ones. You could name your favourite genres to get more accurate suggestions. But with the named games you will probably have a ton of fun.

It's honestly hard to say, I've been in a de-facto gaming hibernation since Uncharted 4 came out. Other than Stellaris on the PC, I've basically been jaded from gaming, both because of the time needed to invest during when I was working and school, or just the lack of creativity and innovation in most AAA games.

My only concern are JRPG's because of the insane time sink and possible inability to pick them back up after periods of down time, but even then I'll consider one that's off the charts amazing.

I'm eyeing Pokemon, but I read there is a different version coming out in 2019 or something? The last Pokemon games I played were all the way back when Crystal was released.

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
It's honestly hard to say, I've been in a de-facto gaming hibernation since Uncharted 4 came out. Other than Stellaris on the PC, I've basically been jaded from gaming, both because of the time needed to invest during when I was working and school, or just the lack of creativity and innovation in most AAA games.

My only concern are JRPG's because of the insane time sink and possible inability to pick them back up after periods of down time, but even then I'll consider one that's off the charts amazing.

I'm eyeing Pokemon, but I read there is a different version coming out in 2019 or something? The last Pokemon games I played were all the way back when Crystal was released.

I see. I have the same problems with jrpg, they are kind of difficult to revisit after a while, at least to me.

About Pokemon i cant give you any infos on as ive never played any of them. But im sure someone will give you some advise about the series.

But like i mentioned, your listed games will give you a lot of joy for your start.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
If I already have a 128GB SD card and don't plan on being a super heavy digital purchaser, would that be enough or should I pick up another 128/200GB card?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
If I already have a 128GB SD card and don't plan on being a super heavy digital purchaser, would that be enough or should I pick up another 128/200GB card?
I have 68 games, 22 of those physical, and my 128 isn't anywhere near filled. Right now the deals are good enough to at least get a 256GB card though.

edit:
I'm redownloading everything on my 128 to see how much it actually takes. 42 games downloading now lol.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I have 68 games, 22 of those physical, and my 128 isn't anywhere near filled. Right now the deals are good enough to at least get a 256GB card though.

edit:
I'm redownloading everything on my 128 to see how much it actually takes. 42 games downloading now lol.
Thanks... guessing most of those are smaller indie titles rather than full-size retail game downloads?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch Pro controller is a fantastic, really breathes new life into games

Breath of the Wild doesn't look good on a 65" TV though, aliasing's bad and pop in is worse than I remember with Wii U and a smaller TV. Would really benefit from 4K and HDR.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks... guessing most of those are smaller indie titles rather than full-size retail game downloads?
I'm at 67GB left, and have 24 more to install. There's a lot of indies, some full size retails as well. Once it's done I'll do a short clip of the data management screen. Nintendo servers are slow af lol.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
So era, help me decide, I have wishlisted a couple things, what would you buy with a $60 budget?

Wildguns Reloaded $9.99
DKC: TF $41.99 (I have this on Wii U, I like this game but am not sure about the difficulty and the price is a bit high for my taste)
The Messenger $13.99
Mario + Rabbids $23.99
VOEZ $17.50

I have all current and last gen platforms, if that matters.

KLonso

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought a switch, but as someone who's had a PS4, Wii U and PC already, there a quite a few games on Switch that I already own. Any exclusives that stand out or games that are significantly better when played on Switch compared to other systems?

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any good option for an HDMI/power dongle (to travel without having the dock)? Something that isn't crap or can brick the console?

Feb 10, 2018
Hi perhaps some one here will be kind enough to answer this for me.

I just selected "funds only" when setting up my free trial with switch online because I did not want to add a payment method at this time.
I was wondering what would happen after the trial, I mean I have no funds on my switch lol.
Do Nintendo rack up a debt list or will the online service just cancel if you don't have sufficient funds?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
What? When I plugged my switch into my PC nothing happened lol. But I only had one thing that was downloaded when I got my switch so I didn't try hard enough lol. (Also helps I live in a country with good cheap internet).
I think that he had in mind moving games from one microSD card to a new one (which you can do just by copying the files between the two cards) rather than from Switch internal memory to microSD.