• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Afterimage

Oct 27, 2017
Love my Switch. My life's in a way now where I can't spend as much time playing games, but the Switch is a fantastic machine for some quick blasts here and there.

My only problem at the moment is that my right Joycon's battery seems to deplete pretty quickly nowadays, does anybody else have this problem? Anything I can do about it?

Oct 27, 2017
What are people's experiences with games that run the Switch hot? Like NB2k19 and Starlink, for example - both are great but the fan is really pumping the hot air out!

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Got a switch this black friday and love it. But I'm completely out of the loop on things and I'm slowly catching up. I thought I could save some money if I got used cartridge games but looking online like amazon or gamestop the used games are only a few bucks off. Am I looking at the wrong place for used switch games or is it normal that they are only 10 bucks or less off compared to new?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Got a switch this black friday and love it. But I'm completely out of the loop on things and I'm slowly catching up. I thought I could save some money if I got used cartridge games but looking online like amazon or gamestop the used games are only a few bucks off. Am I looking at the wrong place for used switch games or is it normal that they are only 10 bucks or less off compared to new?
That's normal

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine just got a Switch for Smash, and had a question about save transfers. A while ago he made a secondary account on my system that he used for his own saves and whatnot - is he able to transfer those saves in any way to his own Switch? I know Nintendo Online has save backups, but am I wrong in thinking it's based on the console itself? Or would he just need to pay for the online via his account on my system, and then just download them onto the new Switch?
There is a Switch to Switch User transfer feature that fully migrates a user and saves over to another Switch.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, new switch owner here.
Want to buy the Smash Bros digital code on amazon, but before i do i'd like to know if i get the goldcoins or whatever they're called when buying from there, or if it's only when bought thru the eshop?
This coin stuff is pretty neat.

The Switch is pretty cool so far, but i really hope they'll add in text messaging and voice chat at some point.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Goodness lol. You must have a good bit of large games on there.
Sitting here with 100Gb left of my 400Gb card.. lol
Oh man thank you for this!
No probs!
Hello, new switch owner here.
Want to buy the Smash Bros digital code on amazon, but before i do i'd like to know if i get the goldcoins or whatever they're called when buying from there, or if it's only when bought thru the eshop?
This coin stuff is pretty neat.
I believe so, I received Gold Coins from my Amazon digital game codes I bought during Black Friday sales. That said eShop purchase has x2 the amount to what Amazon offers I think.

Oct 28, 2017
Sitting here with 100Gb left of my 400Gb card.. lol

No probs!

I believe so, I received Gold Coins from my Amazon digital game codes I bought during Black Friday sales. That said eShop purchase has x2 the amount to what Amazon offers I think.
There are 400gb cards?! How much are they and is transferring stuff from one card to another easy on Switch?

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, guys.

I don't know where to post this but, since this is switch related, might as well post it here.

I'm kinda getting frustrated finding matches in DBFZ due to always getting "Your desired fight conditions do not match" errors. It sometimes takes over an hour before I get a match as I always keep getting this error. I think it has to do with my NAT type as I have a NAT type C connection.

My question is, how do I improve my NAT type? For my setup, I have a modem connected to a router which is set to AP/bridge mode.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
New Switch owner here. Is it my unit, or does it generally not feel very "tactile" or "sturdy" when you dock the Switch? Like the joycons give you a nice little click and they feel sturdy when you snap them to the Switch. But when I dock my Switch, it doesn't give much feedback that it's in the right place and feels like it even rocks a little.

Is that normal?

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
New Switch owner here. Is it my unit, or does it generally not feel very "tactile" or "sturdy" when you dock the Switch? Like the joycons give you a nice little click and they feel sturdy when you snap them to the Switch. But when I dock my Switch, it doesn't give much feedback that it's in the right place and feels like it even rocks a little.

Is that normal?
Yes. I actually like it because it slides in without any friction, so I don't worry about scratches and whatnot.

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Got mine yesterday. Any advice on the joy cons? The sticks are awful, remind me of the original vita. I've tried to play Isaac on it but the controls just feel terrible compared to playing it with a PS4 controller.

I want to use it as a portable so don't want to be using another pad. Any good accessories that make the sticks feel better?

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
How long does it typically take for gold points to show up on your account? I pre-ordered Smash and was supposed to get double points but only got 295 upon pre-order. I thought the rest would show up when the game launched but they didn't.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I like how when I'm trying to find a switch deal online is infested dwith 600$ bundles because of colored joycons.

manksalot

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Got mine yesterday. Any advice on the joy cons? The sticks are awful, remind me of the original vita. I've tried to play Isaac on it but the controls just feel terrible compared to playing it with a PS4 controller.

I want to use it as a portable so don't want to be using another pad. Any good accessories that make the sticks feel better?
For handheld mode I suggest trying out those stick toppers from Skull: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FMCLZ7/
I find that the taller ones add a nice amount of throw; the joycons' sticks might be tiny, but they are at least pretty sensitive and accurate. I actually do the tallest one on just the right stick and then a flatter one on the left side.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, got a question as a long time switch owner. I've had mine since the first year and I'm trying to play smash but I'm reaching a boiling point. My right joycon randomly just loses connectivity to my switch(handheld mode). I remove and insert it again and you see the splash on the right side showing it connects. But still nothing. I gotta do it multiple times before it even registers, then it loses again. Takes a few minutes for me to get it where it lets me play again.

I've checked the pins on the switch and the joycon and they seem fine to me? Nothing is gunked up there. And it worked just fine if I take it off handheld mode. So I'm left kinda lost on what it could be and potentially real upset if I have to replace this joycon when it's been treated very well.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Is a 400gb card overkill? I'm not really sure how big game sizes are

Depends entirely what games you're after. The biggest games I have are 10-20gb, and games like Doom can be over 20GB.

My 200GB mSD from launch only has ~50GB left, so I bought a 400GB while they were heavily discounted. A 200GB will last you quite awhile, but eventually you'll need to upgrade it if you're a digital person, so it's up to you whether to do it now, to begin with, or later. Keep in mind they'll continue to drop in price.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm keeping the 400GB in there. I'll fill it up eventually. It will last a while though, so that's promising.

Oct 26, 2017
Is a 400gb card overkill? I'm not really sure how big game sizes are
Depends entirely what games you're after. The biggest games I have are 10-20gb, and games like Doom can be over 20GB.

My 200GB mSD from launch only has ~50GB left, so I bought a 400GB while they were heavily discounted. A 200GB will last you quite awhile, but eventually you'll need to upgrade it if you're a digital person, so it's up to you whether to do it now, to begin with, or later. Keep in mind they'll continue to drop in price.

It's definitely not overkill. I had a 200 gb at launch and I only had 10 free gigs as of Thanksgiving. I should mention that I have a heavy selection of both physical and digital titles. I purchased a 400 gb on Black Friday and after transferring all my games and updates it currently has 180 gigs free.

So I'd rather future proof my Switch as digitalgame file sizes are sure to rise. Not to mention physical games like Doom, Wolfenstein 2 and LA Noire requiring hefty downloads. I'm sure that sad trend will stay.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Ya'll, I just had a moment of supreme dumbness. I've been bitching and moaning that Switch doesn't support Bluetooth headphones -- and nor does my dumbass Sony X800D TV, despite the fact that they both feature Bluetooth connectivity -- for a while now, and I didn't want to drop more money on some sort of adapter, considering how much I've already dropped on Switch accessories (a figure that's going to grow now that I need a bunch of extra GameCube controllers for Smash).

As a launch-day owner, I just realized that you can still plug in headphones when the Switch is docked. So I solved my two-year-long problem with a $10 aux extension cord.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ordered a Skull & Co grip and carry case combo, hoping to make long handheld sessions more comfortable. I'm not super interested in the possibility of the grip being dockable -- I plan to use the grip only when I travel and play in portable, and I wanted a case that could transport the Switch with the grip attached! The extra storage space should prove handy for accessories as well, so I'm looking forward to it!

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Ya'll, I just had a moment of supreme dumbness. I've been bitching and moaning that Switch doesn't support Bluetooth headphones -- and nor does my dumbass Sony X800D TV, despite the fact that they both feature Bluetooth connectivity -- for a while now, and I didn't want to drop more money on some sort of adapter, considering how much I've already dropped on Switch accessories (a figure that's going to grow now that I need a bunch of extra GameCube controllers for Smash).

As a launch-day owner, I just realized that you can still plug in headphones when the Switch is docked. So I solved my two-year-long problem with a $10 aux extension cord.
For anybody with a samsung tv, you can actually stream the audio directly to your phone so it's great to use headphones with your switch.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
How do digital games work when you transfer users to a new switch? My wife has an account on the switch with a 90 hour Stardew save. If I got a second Switch and transfered her account to it I read that she will lose access to Stardew since it was purchased on my account. Is that true? If not, would she be able to buy the game under her account and continue to play her save?

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So stupid question. I just got a new micro sdxc card to upgrade from my 60gig. Is the save data stores in the switch or on the cartridges? I don't mind re downloading the games again I just dont want to put in the new microsd card and have all my save data erased lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So stupid question. I just got a new micro sdxc card to upgrade from my 60gig. Is the save data stores in the switch or on the cartridges? I don't mind re downloading the games again I just dont want to put in the new microsd card and have all my save data erased lol.

Even though this has been ask many times in this thread or google answers it, it always puts saves on the console it self and never the SD card.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Might be grabbing a switch in a few days but got two questions.

1. How do accounts work, more specifically regional accounts/eshop region changes. I live in Japan but still want to buy games in both regions. Mostly NA region games, but the occasional Japanese game too. Kinda important info since I'm mostly digital.

2. ... What color Joycons should I get? I like the color green and was going to go with matching neon green joycons. But I also like some of the combination colors like green and pink ala splatoon, the Mario red, or even green / red or blue / red. lol

Will probably get green green, but want to know other opinions lol.

Was on the fence about this device but figure... eh. why not.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I have two accounts on my system, states and Japan. You can switch between regions on one (on PC also even though it does affect the console) but I just figured it be simplier to just have two accounts. AS you can just go between them on the console.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Dumb question: how do I get Japanese eshop credit to so I can buy outrun on my US switch?

You either need to switch your one profile to JPN eShop or make another profile and account and set that to JPN. Which I do.

But for you I dunno how you can do it as there seems to be a couple. Mainly digital cards or the like. I can buy Japanese eShop (and states) locally here. Googling says you can somehow buy from amazon jp, manage to link a non JPN CC to a JPN paypal, or buy from third party sites.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
How do digital games work when you transfer users to a new switch? My wife has an account on the switch with a 90 hour Stardew save. If I got a second Switch and transfered her account to it I read that she will lose access to Stardew since it was purchased on my account. Is that true? If not, would she be able to buy the game under her account and continue to play her save?
Has anyone done this? Am I correct in my thinking?

Oct 26, 2017
You either need to switch your one profile to JPN eShop or make another profile and account and set that to JPN. Which I do.

But for you I dunno how you can do it as there seems to be a couple. Mainly digital cards or the like. I can buy Japanese eShop (and states) locally here. Googling says you can somehow buy from amazon jp, manage to link a non JPN CC to a JPN paypal, or buy from third party sites.

Yeah I have two profiles on my system but my understanding was that I couldn't simply use my US credit card to make Japanese games purchases using the system itself.

Or is that wrong?