• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
2WeU8SZ.jpg

Nintendo TOKYO, the second official store operated by the company after Nintendo NEW YORK, will open on the 6th floor of the Shibuya PARCO shopping center on November 22, 2019.

A new Pokémon Center, Pokémon Center SHIBUYA, will also open on the same place and will collaborate with Nintendo TOKYO.

4A0bko3.jpg

Nintendo revealed some of the first original goods to be sold at the store:

Nintendo TOKYO Series

dXuCMPs.jpg

First store photos

V4GoC0a.jpg

q6Z5WgJ.jpg

MQosMHd.jpg

HoLe16N.jpg

PF4DFjy.jpg

zN1am7x.jpg

fyBDasM.jpg

nNUQKkK.jpg

Official site: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/officialstore/index.html

ac8HYZu.jpg

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy to think this is their first one in Japan.

They just focused way too much on Pokemon Centers in general, since there's more than a handful around of those around the country. Need more of a global presence though. The Pokemon Center London pop-up has had CRAZY traffic in pics I saw! Stuff selling out so fast...

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are still using the best Link design to merchandising. Good!

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Wild that a 4 year old IP gets to front for it. I remember a time when new Nintendo IP just didn't really happen, let alone get to stand with Mario and Zelda. Very cool.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wild that a 4 year old IP gets to front for it. I remember a time when new Nintendo IP just didn't really happen, let alone get to stand with Mario and Zelda. Very cool.

It makes sense since Splatoon pretty much became a S tier franchise with just two entries plus it's extremely popular in Japan.

Also this is would actually be the third Nintendo store.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
With their mobile games, the theme parks and movies soon this will be the beginning of Nintendo expansion in the entertainment business and I'm glad this is happening cause their IPs and characters are amazing! I hope they keep opening new stores around the world. Nintendo CDMX? A man can dream.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
I know that outside core gamer crowd Metroid had never been particularly popular, especially in Japan, but it's so weird seeing all that merchandise in the op and Samus is nowhere to be found

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Really excited to go to this! Hoping I can get some keychains or one of the bags.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
The random Twilight Princess Ganondorf looks so out of place with all the other characters lol

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
Get ready for a nightmare shopping experience as this store will likely be packed at all hours for a while. I'll probably check it out, but I fully expect to not get anything that I want.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Inkling walking right after Mario is a strong statement. How far Splatoon has come in Japan. Good thing it wasn't there when I went earlier this year. Would've spent a ton of money

Sep 14, 2019
Why does Link's walk look so weird? Lol. It looks like he's holding in a firm shit.

Nintendo seemed to co-own a lot of smaller IP though during for example the 3ds era. It just seems like none of them blew up. Also it's probably sorta different to have one directly from EPD. The Splatoon team made Animal Crossing, so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising how successful it turned out to be (even though it totally is).

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Don't mind picking up the red tee, depending on price. If it's more than 3k i'll just save my moneys and buy more gudetama stuff.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Slightly bigger version of the full art:

fv_characters.jpg

I hope they just add to this gradually and we get a crazy long line of Nintendo characters

(that'll accurately represent how long the queue will be on opening day)

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Slightly bigger version of the full art:

fv_characters.jpg

I hope they just add to this gradually and we get a crazy long line of Nintendo characters

(that'll accurately represent how long the queue will be on opening day)
wow they even has a pikmin on this poster. Pikmin4 imminent?

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
none of those other IPs became their biggest IP after Mario and Zelda in such a short time. even Animal Crossing took longer to get as big as it did (and Pokemon always has had their thing on their own).

The random Twilight Princess Ganondorf looks so out of place with all the other characters lol
this is the moment you realize he still doesn't have a newer design in the main Zelda series. BOTW2 could change this if he shows up there in his active form and not just a corpse (especially since BotW Link and Zelda are there in the banner)

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I wish it was open when I visited Tokyo earlier this year... Next time!

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Still waiting for the one in Orlando

We're gonna get a theme park you'd think we'd also get a nintendo store but maybe they don't want overlap.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love to have one in SF or LA.

There should be one in Seattle or somewhere in Washington state. Home of MS and where NoA is at.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting for the one in Orlando

We're gonna get a theme park you'd think we'd also get a nintendo store but maybe they don't want overlap.

Not sure if they still do, but Epcot (somewhere in the Japanese village) used to have a HUGE selection of Pokemon plush years back, that would rival the NYC store. Last pics I saw they cut back, so no idea if they even have it anymore. Don't know if they had other Nintendo products, though.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
This looks so cool, I wish we had an official Nintendo or Pokemon related store in Toronto. Even just a pop up would be cool, let me spend my money !

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
Nintendo and GameFreak should focus on a proper Poké oh wait, this will result in a ban because of whatever reason era right...
The truth hurts

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There should be one in Washington, like Seattle or Bellevue since Nintendo of America is here. One in Honolulu near Waikiki would be nice too.