• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ninty what are you doinggggg

I want to believe that this was just a mistake

YvWHAQQ.png

46ZFkYM.png

At the moment it seems to have only affected one stage, there's still several out there like this. Probably just a case of trolls mass reporting them.

D4b7KE-UcAA8mwB.jpg

Last edited:

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Checking on it, there's plenty of stage builder stages that are up and have been since launch that have the same Trans Rights message or the Trans flag.

My guess is that this one got reported a lot and someone made a dumb call on it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Automatic flagging perhaps?

Something similar happened in Splatoon 2 if I remember right

Edit: I'm dumb, didn't read the escalation

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's the only one making a statement by taking down that stage, and it's not a good one.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Checking on it, there's plenty of stage builder stages that are up and have been since launch that have the same Trans Rights message or the Trans flag.

My guess is that this one got reported a lot and someone made a dumb call on it.
That was my first assumption.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Automatic flagging perhaps?

Something similar happened in Splatoon 2 if I remember right
"political statement" violating Nintendo's TOS is news to me tbh. Also if it was an automatic suspension you'd think customer service would remove it but that doesn't seem to be the case. The user in question got in touch with customer support and the supervisor told them to contact corporate.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's a bad look for them and they need to get their moderation in order.
Until they publicly comment on this, this is a shitty move made by a company that already has a shaky track record with this kind of thing.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"political statement" violating Nintendo's TOS is news to me tbh. Also if it was an automatic suspension you'd think customer service would remove it but that doesn't seem to be the case. The user in question got in touch with customer support and the supervisor told them to contact corporate.

The first time I read it the OP didn't load all of the twitter links so I didn't see the escalation to customer service, I just saw the last screenshot

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
And they allow penises on there and take down this?

They are taking everything down, not that i agree with them taking this down. I don't want people to think they are turning a blind eye to the idiots that are giving them a reason to not give us a proper online experience.

However this was probably flagged but should not have been taken down

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I imagine Customer Support doesn't have the authority to lift a ban.

Odds are this was just idiots reporting this, and Nintendo's system automatically removes content after a certain number of reports. Which is in of itself, a gigantic flaw in their infrastructure.

I imagine this gets reversed sometime next week.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
It's only political because right-wing politicians decided to make it political. By that logic, anything can be made political. Hell, video games themselves are political, including that time when Nintendo teamed up with Congress to tag-team Sega.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo once again proving they have no idea what online functionality should consist of. Why would political statements even be problematic if they're not hate speech targeting anyone anyway?

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised, Nintendo Japan is extremely apolitical. I remember reading a banned Japanese word list for Nintendo account ID and it contains mostly anything related to politics, good or bad.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bad look from Nintendo. But also god stage builder was such a mistake.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Like everything, they only remove what is reported. They don't go out of their way to remove it, but they also will remove it without caring due to the "political nature" of it.
It was the same for multiple similar posts on the Splatoon 2 plaza months ago.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they also remove the Trump Miis I've been seeing then.

Removing this flag is dumb.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Obviously a poor decision in this case, hopefully it gets reversed.

They are moderating a lot of the actual bad stuff too so can we not jump to conclusions some have in this thread so far.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
User Warned: Thread derail
I don't know which possibility is the more optimistic one: was this was the result of a mass flagging system working independently of human oversight, or did a human moderator OK taking this down?

Alternate overly-snarky, mean-spirited take: wow gee no wonder Nintendo was so happy to cover for Atlus with that lyrics debacle

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously a poor decision in this case, hopefully it gets reversed.

They are moderating a lot of the actual bad stuff too so can we not jump to conclusions some have in this thread so far.
Moderating the bad stuff is the bare minimum expected when you have a service like this going. It doesn't negate the fact that basic human decency is apparently ban worthy now because "politics".

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Is it considered a political statement because of the "Now" moniker? Because there's still the exact same stage available under the name "Trans Rights" with over 4000 "yeahs". Still pretty shitty to remove it. Especially since "Got 'Em" is still available.