• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Checking on it, there's plenty of stage builder stages that are up and have been since launch that have the same Trans Rights message or the Trans flag.

My guess is that this one got reported a lot and someone made a dumb call on it.

This is the answer. They're moderating thousands of stages per day, shit happens. This is obviously not Nintendo taking a stance, it's just some moderation teammember being overzealous or an automated system.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Checking on it, there's plenty of stage builder stages that are up and have been since launch that have the same Trans Rights message or the Trans flag.

My guess is that this one got reported a lot and someone made a dumb call on it.
this is my guess as well, i don't think they have any anti-trans stance. most likely it was a mistake.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Moderating the bad stuff is the bare minimum expected when you have a service like this going.

Sure I agree, but it is still moderated by humans, whether manual moderating or automatic with a program that was built by a human and humans make mistakes. The moderation team here doesn't get every decision right do they?

It doesn't negate the fact that basic human decency is apparently ban worthy now because "politics".

I would agree with you if every stage (or at least a large majority) with anything to do with trans rights had been taken down.

Oct 27, 2017
whether it was falsely reported or not, accepting pro-trans content as "politically" flagged speaks volumes about nintendo's view on trans rights.

Well it speaks volumes about the moderators sho are probably just told to take down political content and interpret these as such. I'm actually not sure what Nintendo's official policy is on the flag. Like I said earlier, Splatoon is filled with LGBT art

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Glad the popular trans flag stage hasn't been removed, but nothing of the sort should be considered targets for such actions. Hopefully this is a subset of employees being dumb.

MoonDesigner

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Again, this was 100% a mistake, just search up "trans" on the stage builder stuff, here is just a page of stages still there
D4jA6BuUYAAG18X.jpg

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure I agree, but it is still moderated by humans, whether manual moderating or automatic with a program that was built by a human and humans make mistakes. The moderation team here doesn't get every decision right do they?
I would agree with you if every stage (or at least a large majority) with anything to do with trans rights had been taken down.
As of right now, I don't have any reason to believe the other stages wouldn't get taken down if there were enough reports for them, especially given the shitty "politics" reason they spouted.
I hope they backtrack on this publicly.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
going to make another level - any music choice recommendations?

Of course Nintendo would do this when they put in a rep from an anti-LGBT game

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off with this shit Nintendo, Human rights are fucking political to you?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, taking them down is a political statement too, it's just that it's a terrible one.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
As of right now, I don't have any reason to believe the other stages wouldn't get taken down if there were enough reports for them

Don't you think that they probably already have had many reports about similar stages? There are some very popular trans rights stages and they haven't been taken down and surely they would be targeted the most.

Again, if many more are taken down then I would completely agree with you.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
it was a bad decision by the moderation team (or just one person) relegated to one particular stage. until we get more evidence of other trans rights stages being taken down I think everyone needs to relax and see what happens. if they're intentionally trying to silence people speaking out for trans rights, that is reprehensible but until we have more to go on I think it's too early to say that for sure.

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Obviously a bad look, and they need to talk to whoever made the final decision on this ban.They ought to release a public statement saying this was a mistake & that they are welcoming & inclusive to all genders, etc.. But this *appears* to be a one-off given the # of levels that are still up right now featuring trans rights messages. Don't think the vitriol in this thread is particularly productive, but it's no surprise given ERA's tendencies.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Will have to see how this transpires going forward. Will they make an official statement or will they just leave it be.

So far this is the only public case we have so I wanna see if more pop up or its just moderation making a bad mistake.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
OP reads as if this is a single case thus far but the thread title doesn't reflect this at all as it's all plural? I wonder how widespread is this, sucks either way.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf. I was just thinking last night how great it was to see a trans rights flag as one of the most-liked stages...

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you think that they probably already have had many reports about similar stages? There are some very popular trans rights stages and they haven't been taken down and surely they would be targeted the most.

Again, if many more are taken down then I would completely agree with you.
I'll hope this is an honest mistake and they walk it back, but if they choose to just stay silent and hope it blows over, that would speak volumes.