• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said I explicitly still believe that the stage was deleted. The latest update confused me. My confusion over this update doesn't undermine my belief in the earlier set of circumstances having transpired in the slightest.

No, I do understand that Phantom Thief. It's fine to doubt whether or not the supervisor was actually fired, but there are others talking about how this undermines the entire story or how this entire thing is a hoax. That's a bit much for me based off of this newest information

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I do understand that Phantom Thief. It's fine to doubt whether or not the supervisor was actually fired, but there are others talking about how this undermines the entire story or how this entire thing is a hoax. That's a bit much for me based off of this newest information
Yeah I don't think the whole story is suspect at all. Nothing indicates that it is, and Nintendo has often acted poorly in these matters that i would believe it; at the very least, one isolated incident because of mass flagging or a rogue employee are not unlikely either. So I'm entirely sure that the stage was deleted as she claimed originally.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't add up and I believe now that we were being told some lies or half truths in this situation.

This is why y'all don't go in with the pitchforks right away.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
keeping it even between both sides

I know the poster is banned, but ah yes, the classic "balance" argument.
It's what gave us great things such as the growing numbers of people believing flat earth and anti-vaccination sentiments, climate change denial, and made fascist and neonazi rhetoric socially acceptable.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alternately: we were told the truth and the only mistake she made was passing on something a stranger told her as definitive fact.

Well, either way there isn't any controversy because Nintendo didn't take some anti-trans position nor did they decide to remove other stages based on a political stance. If this really did happen, It was a screw up of a single mod.

But people jumped on the title-bait and this thread has been a complete shit show.

ReBirFh

Dec 8, 2017
Alternately: we were told the truth and the only mistake she made was passing on something a stranger told her as definitive fact.

"the supervisor did tell me they weren't supposed to be telling me this"

"reading between the lines they were riscking their job helping me"

Doesn't read as something she heard from a stranger nor does it add up with the fact that there are a lot of stages with same themes and messages that aren't deleted.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Those updates...
giphy.gif

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
It seems like the supervisor getting fired was an assumption, rather than a fact. I wholeheartedly believe everything else was accurate, & it's absolutely disgusting if the supervisor was fired, but I can't tell if that happened or if someone just told the woman they were.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
It seems like the supervisor getting fired was an assumption, rather than a fact. I wholeheartedly believe everything else was accurate, & it's absolutely disgusting if the supervisor was fired, but I can't tell if that happened or if someone just told the woman they were.
Where would that assumption even come from if not from being made up

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Nintendo took down a Trans Flag stage.

I believe this 100% And it was a terrible thing to do. Waiting now to see the official response to see if it was a mod going out of bounds or a Nintendo company decision.

"Just got word the supervisor in customer service at Nintendo who helped me last Friday was laid off for helping me. "

This one doesn't make sense to me as it is written. And like Phantom Thief pointed out, that does not mean I think this entire situation is made up. Just that this new update seems odd.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
"So I know my bosses are listening in, but I'm totally going to get in trouble for doing my job and looking into why your stage got banned while hundreds of other similar ones did not."

The next day...

"Yeah we fired that previous person for doing their job. Oh, we probably shouldn't have told you that... but I'm sure you won't go on twitter and tell everyone."

This story is not adding up anymore...

(edit) wait wait wait... I missed this mixed in with other replies...

None of this is adding up anymore at all.

There's not a single employee working at customer service who will ever get the greenlight to talk about an employee's status with the company unless Nintendo themselves talks about it first. She either found out third-hand, or she got lied to.