Nintendo Treehouse Live: E3 2019

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for these gates in the city reminds me of Tokyo Xanadu. Wonder how big the explorable city is going to be.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Astral Chain it looks so darn good, damn. Get this game people! I dont want it to flop.

Granted I havnt seen way too much footage to shield myself from spoilers.. but performance doesnt seem Platinum like..a lot more stable? or have you who have seen more another view?

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Treehouse is fantastic because it's making people excited about games that were worth all the excitement in the world but didnt get much attention apart from the fanbase, such as MUA3 or Daemon X Machina
Yeah, and especially Trials of Mana which I was so shocked actually got a Treehouse segment even and was playable since it is a 2020 title

Christo750

May 10, 2018
So is the city open? Or is it moreso like access to particular parts of the city during missions? Is it a mission structure? Or is it more freeform?

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's very clear Taura has taken a lot of experience and inspiration from his work on Nier: Automata. That's a good thing of course. But it's also great he's been so keen on wanting to develop his own unique gameplay style too to separate this game from other Platinum titles.

Dec 21, 2017
I am so freaking torn because of that deal. I'm a huge proponent of physical games and I love my Switch cart collection on my shelf.
But I'm planning on buying Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Astral Chain, Deamon X Machina, Links Awakening, and Dragon Quest XI from now through September. That's about $420 if I stick to my physical games. But I pretty much get a free $60 game if I go all digital. So torn.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was already sold on this game from its initial announcement, but now I'm SOLD on this game. Hook it to my veins, I need Astral Chain ASAP. This game is ticking all the right boxes for me - Platinum has done it again!

Birdseeding

Mar 13, 2018
The soundtrack for Astral Chain sounds really amazing. The eerie singing motif and out-of-sync pulses are doing it for me.

Squid Bunny

Jun 11, 2018
How can one find time for all these games as well!?

Builders 2 and Marvel a week apart.

Zelda and Daemon a week apart 2 months later!
July:
Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and FE: 3 Houses in a two week span.
August/September: Astral Chain, DaemonXMachina, Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI in 4 weeks.

October and December will be my catch-up months.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This really combines some of my favorite things from Bayo, Metal Gear Rising and Nier Automata into one :O

Oct 25, 2017
It's always so nice to see a game experimenting with a unique type of scenario, and seeing how many different actions or ideas they can get out of it. There's a lot of mileage you can get out of something as simple or even silly in concept as just being tethered to another entity. For instance it's pretty rote at this point to have some sort of activation panel with a percentage and enemies funnel in until the percentage goes up. But in this game because the other entity is required to access the object, it changes the players abilities and forces more interesting choices, putting a new spin on an old trope.