Nintendo Treehouse Live: E3 2019

smuppet

Dec 12, 2017
So local multiplayer is NSMB style where everyone stays on the screen together with bubble respawns. Is it possible with online play to make multiplayer levels where players can split up?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Elder Scrolls Blades... Nobody will pay for its scam IAP currency and they pull games plug in couple of months.

Is Fallout shelter still online? Aside from Fortnite, I don't see anyone paying money for IAP currency on Switch.

Sawneeks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game is free to play though so I'd say if you're interested to give it a go. Just be aware you're gonna be running into really egregious monetization.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Is Switch ESB still F2P?

I'd be curious to try it out if it had some interesting battle mechanics, a campaign, and no monetization.

Klappdrachen

Oct 26, 2017
Full of pay-to-play mechanics. Like stuff locked in timers unless you pay.
It has very aggressive lootbox systems in it. Everything has wear on it and the best way to get good weapons, armor, and crafting is through lootboxes.
It gets boring 15 minutes in, and if it doesn't: You will want to scream after an hour after you see the monetisation.
Oh dear, I had hoped that they removed the F2P stuff from the Switch version.

RoadHazard

Oct 25, 2017
If they offered a single IAP for like $20 that removed all the F2P elements and timers I'd play this on Switch.
But isn't the monetization the entire point of this game? Waiting to build stuff, waiting to open chests, paying to speed things up. If you remove all of that, what's even left? A few crappy dungeons? There's no world to explore, no big story, nothing of what people like about TES.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
I guess local multiplayer playing for Mario Maker (on a single Switch) is confirmed? I know after the direct there was confusion about whether it was for creating levels only.

Bufbaf

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
PSA: Please PLEASE don't let yourself fool by the nice graphics on display, people. The game is trash and one of the most egregious examples of premium currency spending decoy I've ever tried, if you don't want to play a literal waiting simulator.

You can get Skyrim on the same system.

RoadHazard

Oct 25, 2017
Like, why get this when you could be playing Skyrim on your Switch? Have you really seen and done EVERYTHING in that game? And if you have, what does this game have to offer? I don't get who this is for. It's a mobile game, that's where it belongs.