Nintendo Treehouse Live: E3 2019

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
PSA: Please PLEASE don't let yourself fool by the nice graphics on display, people. The game is trash and one of the most egregious example of premium currency spending decoy I've ever tried.

You can get Skyrim on the same system.
Oh, I know the game is terrible. But you can't deny the game does look fairly nice. Would I play it? No. But I'm sure they'll sucker a few people into this.

Bufbaf

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Oh, I know the game is terrible. But you can't deny the game does look fairly nice. Would I play it? No. But I'm sure they'll sucker a few people into this.
It looks great, on phones, too. That is because there's what feels like 6 different dungeon layouts, which are all very small and unremarkable, with visuals in like 5 different texture sets.

It's so bad ;_;

Luigi87

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep when Elder Scrolls Blades started (seriously, not being snarky), woke up and thought they were showing more Luigi's Mansion 3 multiplayer, then realized that my player just started playing the day's stream from that point earlier today, lol

pld

Oct 27, 2017
This year's Treehouse is so much better than last year's. Not focusing on one game was a good decision as there is so much more variety this year which makes it more interesting.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI was the highlight of the day for me, by far. Game looks absolutely stacked, and the visual downgrade from PS4 is impressively minimal

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
They better have like 3 hours straight of Hollow Knight tomorrow.

Would've loved to see CrossCode, but I read some replies from the dev today on twitter and I get the impression it's not really close to done. Hopefully it still comes out this year.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Trials of Mana indeed looks so fantastic. I'm still blown away at getting the original via Collection and a remake, too. What a dream come true for fans.

I have to wonder, though -- how did this happen? How did this remake get greenlit ahead of something like an FFIV, V, VI or Chrono Trigger remake at this level of quality? Those were all assuredly bigger games (commercially, financially, everything-ally), and I imagine would have been surer bets on name recognition alone.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not complaining at all. This looks AMAZING and I'm so happy it exists. Just wondering how the hell it happened.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Catching up on the Fire Emblem segment. Wow, this looks great to me. I'm kind of surprised how much they're doing with the school stuff. Feels like they bumped up that RPGness. Going to be out of state when the CE ships out so I'm going to have to wait just a bit longer to play this, which looks like it's going to take up a bunch of my time.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it just seems like they're scaling back a lot.
The streams used to be longer and there were new showcases as well.
Maybe we'll get reveals tomorrow? If we get something from the Golf Story devs it would be a most glorious day. We also need to see what the Fast RMX guys are upto. Even if not the tree house has still served its purpose, seen plenty of awesome gameplay

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it just seems like they're scaling back a lot.
The streams used to be longer and there were new showcases as well.
They were still streamlining the process - its probably for the better, because data showed them that a big part of the audience keep checking out when the streams get too long or the same kind of games show up too often.
Personally i preferred the streams so far this year, since they seemed a bit more focused and had less downtime in between.

Harald23

Dec 21, 2017
Trials of Mana indeed looks so fantastic. I'm still blown away at getting the original via Collection and a remake, too. What a dream come true for fans.

I have to wonder, though -- how did this happen? How did this remake get greenlit ahead of something like an FFIV, V, VI or Chrono Trigger remake at this level of quality? Those were all assuredly bigger games (commercially, financially, everything-ally), and I imagine would have been surer bets on name recognition alone.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not complaining at all. This looks AMAZING and I'm so happy it exists. Just wondering how the hell it happened.
If i have to guess:

1) They tested the water with the Mana Collection 2 years ago in Japan and the bad remake of the first one (that was very low budget): they saw there is still interest around the series.

2) Developers at Square Enix interested on bringing Mana back.

3) Surveys.

In general we're seeing a bit of a resurgence for Square Enix: Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler, Nier: Automata, they finally managed to release Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake looked incredible and now Trials of Mana also. All their teams are trying to bring their very best.

Not2Xavi

Jan 17, 2018
I can't even put into words how good Astral Chain seems to be. The perfect mix of quite exploration and fast paced action. Buying it day one

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo twitter reaffirming that tomorrow is solely Indie Day:

I also feel I've noticed that the Treehouse length has shortened this year. Like, they've only been going up to 2-3pm. Where as E3 Expo is open to 6pm I believe? In the past I swear they used to go all the way until the Expo itself closed.

Maybe their employees felt that was too much time and effort