• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they offered a single IAP for like $20 that removed all the F2P elements and timers I'd play this on Switch.

But isn't the monetization the entire point of this game? Waiting to build stuff, waiting to open chests, paying to speed things up. If you remove all of that, what's even left? A few crappy dungeons? There's no world to explore, no big story, nothing of what people like about TES.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
I guess local multiplayer playing for Mario Maker (on a single Switch) is confirmed? I know after the direct there was confusion about whether it was for creating levels only.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
PSA: Please PLEASE don't let yourself fool by the nice graphics on display, people. The game is trash and one of the most egregious examples of premium currency spending decoy I've ever tried, if you don't want to play a literal waiting simulator.

You can get Skyrim on the same system.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, why get this when you could be playing Skyrim on your Switch? Have you really seen and done EVERYTHING in that game? And if you have, what does this game have to offer? I don't get who this is for. It's a mobile game, that's where it belongs.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
PSA: Please PLEASE don't let yourself fool by the nice graphics on display, people. The game is trash and one of the most egregious example of premium currency spending decoy I've ever tried.

You can get Skyrim on the same system.

Oh, I know the game is terrible. But you can't deny the game does look fairly nice. Would I play it? No. But I'm sure they'll sucker a few people into this.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Karate Control (buttons)(there is also "advanced controls" option ???)
mariosonic1.jpg

And the best part :
mariosonic2.jpg

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like, why get this when you could be playing Skyrim on your Switch? Have you really seen and done EVERYTHING in that game? And if you have, what does this game have to offer? I don't get who this is for. It's a mobile game, that's where it belongs.
It's free, that's enough for a lot of people.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Oh, I know the game is terrible. But you can't deny the game does look fairly nice. Would I play it? No. But I'm sure they'll sucker a few people into this.
It looks great, on phones, too. That is because there's what feels like 6 different dungeon layouts, which are all very small and unremarkable, with visuals in like 5 different texture sets.

It's so bad ;_;

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm catching up on what I missed overnight.

DQXI looks fantastic ... I'm probably going to double dip ...

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah I like Elder Scrolls but Blades isn't fooling me.

Guess I'll catch up on the Fire Emblem demo I missed now.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Not really looking forward to Nindies at all but I'm glad those who do can get a day's worth of content tomorrow. I guess that's a wrap for me!

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trials of Mana looks surprisingly good, especially coming off the subpar remakes of Adventure and Secret. Did they say when it's supposed to come out?

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Seems weird how short these are considering in other years they had less to show but went longer. Could be my memory playing tricks though.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Seems weird how short these are considering in other years they had less to show but went longer. Could be my memory playing tricks though.

I think it has always been 3 days of Treehouse Live.

Last year was a bit disappointing cause it was Smash most of the time.

This time has been amazing so far, we'll see tomorrow with the indies.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep when Elder Scrolls Blades started (seriously, not being snarky), woke up and thought they were showing more Luigi's Mansion 3 multiplayer, then realized that my player just started playing the day's stream from that point earlier today, lol

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Any standouts from today? Just got home.

Edit: Just started the Daemon X Machina day 2 footage...dancing in lobbies needs to die.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
This year's Treehouse is so much better than last year's. Not focusing on one game was a good decision as there is so much more variety this year which makes it more interesting.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI was the highlight of the day for me, by far. Game looks absolutely stacked, and the visual downgrade from PS4 is impressively minimal

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
I think it has always been 3 days of Treehouse Live.

Last year was a bit disappointing cause it was Smash most of the time.

This time has been amazing so far, we'll see tomorrow with the indies.

It's always been three days, but I'm pretty sure they've reduced the amount of time they are streaming by 3-4 hours per day.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
They better have like 3 hours straight of Hollow Knight tomorrow.

Would've loved to see CrossCode, but I read some replies from the dev today on twitter and I get the impression it's not really close to done. Hopefully it still comes out this year.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Trials of Mana indeed looks so fantastic. I'm still blown away at getting the original via Collection and a remake, too. What a dream come true for fans.

I have to wonder, though -- how did this happen? How did this remake get greenlit ahead of something like an FFIV, V, VI or Chrono Trigger remake at this level of quality? Those were all assuredly bigger games (commercially, financially, everything-ally), and I imagine would have been surer bets on name recognition alone.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not complaining at all. This looks AMAZING and I'm so happy it exists. Just wondering how the hell it happened.