• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have not read the comments, but how many assumed this means Shantae in Smash?

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
New Final Fight perhaps? Would make sense considering WayForward have already done double dragon and a river city game, plus how well Streets of Rage 4 has done.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Not Ninja Turtles, no Bionic Commando - though I'd love to see that one come back again - not SH2R or MG:GB, and it's not Metal Slug or SEGA.

I may have set myself up for a long night with this inadvertently. Let's say I'll answer one more time - just before I leave work in ~20ish minutes.
Video game or movie/TV franchise? If video game then I guess Capcom collab. Movie/TV is too broad to make a guess.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If it was something from a big publisher like Capcom or Konami... wouldn't the tweet just say "a new game from <publisher name>"??

It would draw more attention than Wayforward.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
618DA3Z3KTL._AC_.jpg

Jan 11, 2018
I can understand this, but the sequels made to his games that he did not do (like Bayonetta 2 and a few Devil May Crys) have been really good.

Its mostly for story and characters honestly. Kamiya has written two of my favorite games of all time (TW101 and Okami). I have no doubt platinum could make a bangin sequel from a gameplay perspective though.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally WayForward are gonna give us a new Gex game. Digitized graphics and everything, just like the OG.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They are making the new Silent Hill, after all the made Book of Memories.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Not Nintendo is interesting but that blows open the possibilities too much and now I have no idea. Probably not guessable for me!

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
What if it's Spyro? Yes the reignited trilogy came out in 2018 but there hasn't been a BRAND NEW game since Skylanders in 2011.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're porting Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie to Switch.

Even if it's not true don't tell me. I want to believe.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
GHOST OF A CHANCE
this actually wouldn't surprise me
That would surprise the hell out of me
They did movie franchises twice, Aliens and The Mummy, could be another movie inspired run and gun. Wouldn't say no to The Hangover and Meet the Parents run n guns.
No, but I'm 100% on board for a Hangover run n gun.

NO
Finally a new Klonoa game. Weird way to get it but I'll take it.
lol no
giphy.gif

Earthworm Jim or Super Ghouls Ghosts. Potentially Contra 5
No.
Finally Sin & Punishment 3
Finally Sin & Punishment 3 would be a fitting title when it's finally announced.
Maybe I'm late but... Konami!
Already said, but no
No, but I'd love that.
Ninja Gaiden

Whether you count 3/RE...or Yaiba...it's almost been a decade since the last release. And even longer if you've been waiting on a follow-up to the NES trio.
Still no.
Harry Potter, I'm telling you guys. The last DS game was 2011 I think.
Sorry.
New Final Fight perhaps? Would make sense considering WayForward have already done double dragon and a river city game, plus how well Streets of Rage 4 has done.
Would make sense. Not it though.
Why not remake Ducktales 2 with the design sensibilities of the 2017 series? That would be fun.
Sorry.
Video game or movie/TV franchise? If video game then I guess Capcom collab. Movie/TV is too broad to make a guess.
No and see below

lol
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess Rayman.
No
Echo the Dolphin? Haha
No, but it IS time, isn't it?

My question is if this game involves a third party GAME franchise or third party franchise in general. I want to know if this is a videogame franchise or a licensed tie-in to a media franchise that hasn't had games in over a decade.
This I won't answer because it's complicated in a way that would maybe spoil it for people.

Something released around 2011, has been in Nintendo consoles, probably more a licensed IP than proper video game franchise. That is how I interpret the hints.
That's a fantastic summary.

And one final thing:
It's great to see Nintendo work with this guy again...if somewhat indirectly

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility
Less than 18 hours away from the announcement crafted by hard-working men and women spending months if not years making and delivering games, but you can always count on another loser parasite on the internet to try to steal attention for themselves. Business as usual, especially around these parts.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the things I love about Nintendo, you never have to wait long to see whatever games they announce they'll be showing soon. We'll know what this is in about 17 hours.

Oct 28, 2019
Less than 18 hours away from the announcement crafted by hard-working men and women spending months if not years making and delivering games, but you can always count on another loser parasite on the internet to try to steal attention for themselves. Business as usual, especially around these parts.

funny, you had this to say about the AC Valhalla leak:

I'm hard-pressed recalling when a new game looked as embarrassingly bad as this. Wow.

Guess you didn't care about the hard-working men and women there did you