• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Less than 18 hours away from the announcement crafted by hard-working men and women spending months if not years making and delivering games, but you can always count on another loser parasite on the internet to try to steal attention for themselves. Business as usual, especially around these parts.

Hold-up, what? AntiMacro is specifically not giving away the surprise even though he knows what it is. He made his intentions clear.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
618DA3Z3KTL._AC_.jpg
This game deserves a sequel.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What a weird ass phrasing for the tweet announcement. It's weird that they'd even specify that it's a franchise "new to Wayforward".

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, if it really is 007 I wonder how WayForward does it. I dont think it would be an FPS since their bread and butter is 2D games. I guess a Metroidvania potentially?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Funny how a Nintendo Treehouse spotlight generates more hype for an unannounced WayForward game than almost anything else they've done. lol

And I say that as a huge WF fan. ;)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Paper Mario was announced rather unceremoniously... I wouldn't put anything past them.

That's somewhat understandable due to COVID-19 heavily impacting Nintendo's marketing department, but announcing a brand new 007 game during a stream of a Paper Mario game? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I'd sooner believe it would be dropped out of nowhere like Paper Mario tbh.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
If you're so worried someone is going to 'spoil' the surprise, maybe just...I don't know, don't come into threads about this event? Just kind of a thought. I mean, it happens tomorrow, so it's not like you even have to spend much time away lol. Just don't follow anything about it until it happens in like 16 hours time. Spoiler culture is a helluva drug.

c bweezie

Jan 8, 2020
That's somewhat understandable due to COVID-19 heavily impacting Nintendo's marketing department, but announcing a brand new 007 game during a stream of a Paper Mario game? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I'd sooner believe it would be dropped out of nowhere like Paper Mario tbh.
Makes sense. Btw, I don't think it's 007.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
007 from Wayforward announced at a Nintendo Treehouse with Paper Mario would be one of the weirdest things to happen this year.

And that's saying quite a lot.

Mar 17, 2019
If its something with 007, it only makes sense to be a Goldeneye remastered/remake, that was one of the best selling n64 games

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
If it really is 007, I am curious to see what the hell that developed by WayForward would even look like. A James Bond Metroidvania or sidescroller both sound weird.

Where are you guys getting 007 from???

Guy claiming to know what the game is has shot down pretty much everything except that, and it fits the hints he's given.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
The hints he gave, and he hasnt shuting down the multiple 007 comments and he was shutting down every other game comment, but i really doubt is Goldeneye because is wayforward and they mostly do 2D platformers/metroidvanias

But on the other hand, given the rise of so many indie developers, maybe it's time they moved to 3D with remakes/remasters from the PS1/N64 era