• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Got it, thanks! Well the announcement is soon enough, I'm excited to be surprised.
And THAT is why I don't spoil it. I hope you're excited by the announcement as well as the 'what could it be' side of it.

giphy.gif

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
Good thing Nintendo sets expectations specifically like when they had to say there would be no fighter reveal in the Min-Min showcase. People tend to get themselves mad when they have high expectations.

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is they are working on a respected franchise but not Nintendo's. Something like Castlevania mentioned above but lower profile, like the recent SoR or the Wonderboy games.
But why show it then together with Paper Mario is a bit strange.

Edit: should have refreshed before posting, I missed all the hints!

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Well, now I have no clue what it could be, so I'll make a crazy guess that Wayforward is doing something Disney related.

ckfy63a

Oct 28, 2017
a place beyond seeing...
Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but I notice the Treehouse logo is for "July 2020," not a specific date...

...could this stream be where our big 20th Direct is announced? They could have Treehouse Live right after the Direct with the same branding.....

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm curious about the reveal but I haven't really enjoyed a WayForward game since Contra 4.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but I notice the Treehouse logo is for "July 2020," not a specific date...

...could this stream be where our big 20th Direct is announced? They could have Treehouse Live right after the Direct with the same branding.....

I don't see them announcing a Direct over a week in advance. Unless it's meant to be an E3 replacement event in which case that would send this board into utter chaos.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I am so ready for Silent Hill 2 remake written by Sam Barlow for Switch! :D

Or that Ghost Babel remaster from my dreams. Either is fine.
Hmm Bionic Commando...? 🤔
Finally the new Metal Slug!
Even if I'm pretty sure it will be a SEGA IP

Btw, excited!

Not Ninja Turtles, no Bionic Commando - though I'd love to see that one come back again - not SH2R or MG:GB, and it's not Metal Slug or SEGA.

I may have set myself up for a long night with this inadvertently. Let's say I'll answer one more time - just before I leave work in ~20ish minutes.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
The fact that they are going to show Gameplay makes me think this is getting very close to release as well. Could we be seeing it in the Fall?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
They did movie franchises twice, Aliens and The Mummy, could be another movie inspired run and gun. Wouldn't say no to The Hangover and Meet the Parents run n guns.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Not for almost a decade, how about that?

Hmm...

Last TMNT game was 2018, and its last console game was 2016.

I am so ready for Silent Hill 2 remake written by Sam Barlow for Switch! :D

Or that Ghost Babel remaster from my dreams. Either is fine.

WayForward actually has worked on Silent Hill before, surprisingly.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

The official WayForward website

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Not Ninja Turtles, no Bionic Commando - though I'd love to see that one come back again - not SH2R or MG:GB, and it's not Metal Slug or SEGA.

I may have set myself up for a long night with this inadvertently. Let's say I'll answer one more time - just before I leave work in ~20ish minutes.

Maybe I'm late but... Konami!

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017

Ninja Gaiden

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
Something released around 2011, has been in Nintendo consoles, probably more a licensed IP than proper video game franchise. That is how I interpret the hints.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
My question is if this game involves a third party GAME franchise or third party franchise in general. I want to know if this is a videogame franchise or a licensed tie-in to a media franchise that hasn't had games in over a decade.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Ninja Gaiden

Whether you count 3/RE...or Yaiba...it's almost been a decade since the last release. And even longer if you've been waiting on a follow-up to the NES trio.